Thread: Wipeout 2048 Control

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    RICHochet

Default Wipeout 2048 Control

I wasn't sure if this was the best place to put this, maybe it should go in the Pilot's Lounge?

Here's my question:

Can anyone who has had a chance to use a Vita (preferably for WipEout though I know that most people haven't gotten to try it) tell me if the controls feel like the PSP 2000/3000 or more like a PS3 controller? I'm mostly interested in how the d-pad feels as that's what I use (not the analog stick).

Background for context:

I have no problem BRing Phantom in WipEout HD (PS3 controller) but I CANNOT BR on a consistent basis in WipEout Pulse (PSP controls). I've tried for a long time but my Pulse BRs only work around half the time and it's extremely frustrating whereas in HD I never miss a BR (I mean, my ship at least tries to BR even if it doesn't complete it whereas in Pulse I often can't even get my ship to attempt the BR). The PS3 d-pad just feels a lot more "loose"/responsive compared to the stiffer PSP d-pad.

EDIT: By the way, this is THE deciding factor determining whether I will buy a Vita or not since the only game I care about is WipEout (The same is true of my PSP and PS3).
    Last edited by Richochet; 19th January 2012 at 05:17 AM.

Normally im a dpad wipeout pilot but when I had a chance to play vita, for some reason I instinctively used the analogs and I found them to be very comfortable - but not like a psp or a ps3.

I have a metaphor for what the two nubs felt like but I'm not sure it would be suitable for this forum...

So unfortunately I can't comment on the vita dpad.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Quote Originally Posted by Richochet View Post
    Background for context:

I have no problem BRing Phantom in WipEout HD (PS3 controller) but I CANNOT BR on a consistent basis in WipEout Pulse (PSP controls). I've tried for a long time but my Pulse BRs only work around half the time and it's extremely frustrating whereas in HD I never miss a BR ...
    This has nothing to do with the PAD, this is a bug of Pure and Pulse... you can hardly BR when there are other contenders near you!
    Go in time trial and you will see all the BR will work perfectly

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kowareta-vojeet

Quote Originally Posted by yawnstretch View Post
    Normally im a dpad wipeout pilot but when I had a chance to play vita, for some reason I instinctively used the analogs and I found them to be very comfortable - but not like a psp or a ps3.

I have a metaphor for what the two nubs felt like but I'm not sure it would be suitable for this forum...

So unfortunately I can't comment on the vita dpad.
    You mean nipples, do you?

On Vita I should give the analog controller another chance.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I have a Vita with 2048, but I never really played a PSP, so I can't compare sorry :/

I also use the nipple-stick rather than the d-pad, but IMO the D-Pad feels nice too, in its own way of course. Just wait 'til the console is released and play with one in-store when they're inevitably on display. There is absolutely no reason to pre-order, and I've never understood that mentality.

Yeah kowareta

Regarding pre-ordering, I think there is a benefit this time around to it because you get the earphones and free DLC stuff.