Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout 2048 Offical Soundtrack Revealed!

Cool Wipeout 2048 Offical Soundtrack Revealed!

http://www.theaveragegamer.com/2011/...rack-revealed/

Twitted from Cold Storage, bad news though..... he's not in the list but there was a Facebook status that says that he has a collection of remixes that he calls Cold Storage 2048. So their might be music from him after all. Plus Deadmau5 is in there which is a bit surprising to me 0_0

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Lyrics in WipEout OST? Don't know how to feel about that.
    They were minimal or none before. Maybe an instrumental mix.

I mean no offense to those who put actual songs in their HD or Pulse playlists of course. But by default it's never been the case.

PSN ID
    Blaey

After playing Wipeout HD countless times with Some Chords by Deadmau5 I can happily say that it fits the wipeout formula prettymuch perfectly with fantastic walking bass for background music.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Ohmahjesus. I really want those to be on Youtube soon. :

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Quite a few Dubstep tracks (who wouldn’t have seen this coming?), but a few nice surprises as well.

There’s only one track that’s already really too cheesy for my liking, though. Should at least have dropped the vocals.

Apart from the FSOL and Prodigy tracks, I'll be loading up my PS Vita with classic tunes from CoLD SToRAGE and his 2048 remixes.

Not a fan of Dubstep music at all.

PSN ID
    Blaey

Excuse me skyrocket but i wanted to ask whether zone mode allowed you to change teams or was there just 1 'zone' team. Sorry about the off topic.

There's some nice tracks but eventually I will do what i do with HD and just play my own tracks which tends to be a mix of classic wipeout with the odd trance or electro here and there.

Probably, as each team has its own zone type of ship. Unfortunately, I didn't try doing that in our video, not enough time during the event :-(

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Yep, each team has its own zone ship, while each zone ship (i specifically asked about this) has different characteristics.

Ben

PSN ID
    Blaey

ooh interesting! should mix up the formula a bit

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn View Post
    Quite a few Dubstep tracks (who wouldn’t have seen this coming?), but a few nice surprises as well.

There’s only one track that’s already really too cheesy for my liking, though. Should at least have dropped the vocals.
    More Drum n' bass than dubstep really, but still that's what the kids are dancing too these days...

As for the vocals I've always been under the impression that they dropped the vocals on firestarter (by prodigy in wo2097/XL) partly to fit the theme but also because the sound quality wasn't awesome on the old psone(or psx as it was known back then). I don't think they've actually intentionally shied away from vocals in tracks since then, they've just gone for the kind of club music that doesn't really have much in the way of vocals as a general rule.
    Or well I'm just guessing here of course, not being privy to the inner dialogue at SL, but that's the way I've always thought about it.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    JaceMc

A lot of DNB which would normally be awesome in my eyes, but lots of it doesn't really fit the theme.

Rockwell - BTKRSH is a good fit, but Fresh - Louder and C&K - Breezeblock are just plain club tracks. Regurgitate would fit Motorstorm better than Wipeout.

Something like Spor - Silver Spaceman would have been a better choice. I might end up making my own tracklist
    Last edited by JaceMc; 9th January 2012 at 07:31 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

that is interesting Amp what I meant though was the actual quality of sound files in games. not so much the output (something I know very little about in any case) but I remember many a game where voice recordings sounded little better than what they did on the old snes or sega systems, again not due to the output obviously but because of the programming and compression of the games in question. High end audio takes up a lot of space after all.

Jace: Most of the tracks seem to have been refitted for wipeout though, I wonder what changes that will mean exactly... but it has been done well in the past.
    Last edited by Oryx Crake; 9th January 2012 at 08:46 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

All true, and sorry for the simple post, it was from a phone and I couldn't be bothered elaborating that it's more an interesting aside than a counterpoint.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    JaceMc

Quote Originally Posted by Oryx Crake View Post
    Jace: Most of the tracks seem to have been refitted for wipeout though, I wonder what changes that will mean exactly... but it has been done well in the past.
    An edit normally isn't anything more than a re-arrangement of the track though. I would guess they've probably shortened the intros so that the song doesn't last an entire race. They won't have messed with the sounds or leads or bass.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

Jace: you never know, check out the differences in aerodynamik from the HD soundtrack, the edit is quite radically different from the original, granted though most times you're absolutely right they just make it fit better with a video game.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MiguelSkywalker

Sorry to be the black sheep here but I'll go for Ace of Spades.
    I'm also looking forward to adding those CoLD SToRAGE 2048 remixes.
    To be honest, some of the new tracks in Fury and some of these for 2048 don't feel like WipEout at all to me (see Louder for more details).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Hello, you can heard 13 tracks here : http://www.youtube.com/user/UgurGuel/feed

Thanks to Eleven_GG_Ex !

Nice one

I found this playlist today, pretty cool - http://youtu.be/mwMDuksIBos

Nice version of Invaders Must Die by the Prodigy on there (Liam H's Re-Amped Version) Awesome
    Last edited by Mu5; 13th January 2012 at 07:55 AM.