View Poll Results: Do you want the HD cup site to stay up as a historical record of the cup?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

15 88.24%
  • not interested in it.

2 11.76%

Thread: Should the HD cup Site stay up?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

Default Should the HD cup Site stay up?

As I said in the HD cup thread I'd like to get your opinions on whether or not I should keep the site up for posterity or whether you don't feel it matters and I can just let it die.

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    D_1998_BR

FIRST! When the next WipEout games are launched,the new age will look back at HD and see the results of the cup.Your names shall go on forever

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

I think you should keep it up if possible. The HD Cup was a very historical event for us, and history should always be remembered.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I think make a backup of the site and its raw contents and perhaps send the raw stuff to infoxicated and see if he can add it to an archive or something.

And as long as it's no problem for you, may as well keep the site going. Some of the information is surely interesting and worth people discovering in a couple of years when they're asking "wth is the HD cup?".

Timezone
    GMT + 12

YES! keep it going, it is a part of wipEout isnt it?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

YYYES!
    I even passed the first round only

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Is there anything at the site that eventually didn't get replicated somewhere at the Zone or Arena?
    Either in open forum or with the organizing committee threads?

I think HD cup threads should be archived at least, if only so any future Wipeout cup organisers can use it as a reference, by going through the posts and take note of the BAD- names of those who either pulled out without informing anybody, didn't communicate/reply to multiple messages, didn't show at agreed race time/date, gave up mid race, strung out their drawn opponent etc.

And the GOOD - Who came up with Ideas about how the next one could be improved, who was 100% committed, who raced their races on time etc.

Some valuable information in those posts concerning how people behave in a big multinational worldwide online gaming comp.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 11th January 2012 at 06:09 AM.

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

@blackwiggle
    i explained to you why i weren't around. its true i didn't inform anyone an did a vanishing act. its also true i haven't exactly apologised to those involved, no excuse for that. if you consider me a BAD-player so be it. i was devastated not to finish.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Barny mate, I wasn't pointing fingers, I've had you on my friends list forever and know you don't screw people around, plus I would know if you had logged online, which you didn't for ages, so I knew something was amiss, you were one of the least problematic in retrospect.
    People were more worried about WTF had happened to you than pissed off.

My beef is with the people who we organizers sent many many messages to asking WhereTF are you and why haven't you shown up for the race against [insert name]?, there are at least 50 people that screwed we organizers around like this.
    Each time we would confer with Kanar, mostly wanting to disqualify them, but Kanar the softy, love him, the man that always thinks the best of people, would always say give them another chance.
    The really annoying thing is we could see that the people concerned had been online because we had added them to our friends list especially for the comp, but they didn't have the courtesy to respond.
    Then, finally at the threat of disqualification, they would finally respond, make a promise to be "100% at agreed time and place", then not show up again.

It was these sort of antics that made the cup draw out for nearly a year.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 13th January 2012 at 11:09 AM.