Thread: Driving me nuts! (pun intended)

Timezone
    GMT + 3

Cool Driving me nuts! (pun intended)

Hey everyone! As I'm sure is the case with most of us, a big chunk of my love with Wipeout and its experience is its music, and it's one of the main reasons I buy the games (and got all Wipeout soundtracks). There's one thing that's been driving me nuts, though.

In the Wipeout Museum on PS Home, there are absolutely beautiful *exclusive* tracks being played there, and I can't find them anywhere! :'(

I'm dying to get them, and you will too once you give them a listen! (My favorite on the playlist is called "Hardware 1" ). So I thought I'd come to the experts (you guys) to help me investigate this mystery

Thank you in advance

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

As far as I know they are only available on there and there's no way for you to get a clean rip thanks to the ambient sounds playing over the music.
    But I haven't been on there in a year or more, so if it's changed and there are new sound control options (To have only the music playing and nothing else), you may be able to rip them using some RCA to stereo cable and recording on your computer for example.

Timezone
    GMT + 3

That's what I'm doing but sound quality isn't too good due to, as you mentioned, background noise in the place. That's why I was hoping to find actual sound files or rips - it's a shame such wonderful music would go to waste!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    elsalmantino

I think your best bet is to find the author(s) and ask him directly for the music files. Unless he's forbidden to hand them out by some kind of contract I don't think he'll mind.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Can you figure out the author from just a title that's probably unrelated to the song? You would have to know the song beforehand.

And, well I remember asking John Morgan about his music in Mass Effect 2. Well first of all he didn't know his music was in the game (Happiness), and then he wasn't allowed to give it to me because it belongs to EA Games...
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 18th November 2011 at 01:08 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    elsalmantino

Of course we can't figure out the author from the song title, but I expect there has to be a credits list for the wipeout museum somewhere. As for the Mass Effect song, well, EA are jerks. No surprise there. The composer of this HL2 song had no problems giving it away.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Once I'm able to log in again, I will tell you the name.

Timezone
    GMT + 3

Smile

Just wanted to say that I really appreciate it, guys. I believe this playlist to truly be the very best of Wipeout, which is why they put them together for the world to hear on Playstation Home as their representative sample for the Wipeout series' music. Hope after the search we all get to enjoy them!

Timezone
    GMT -5

Bang On by the Propellerheads is still stuck in my head, from Wipeout 64.

Awesome total experience with these games.

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

I know that the blast radius tracks are from a ps1 game of the same name. As far as the hardcore tracks, they might be the property of SL from the Psygnosis days. You might want check on the colony wars disks as well. Good luck finding them, and don't be afraid to share them when you do.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The whole of the HOME Wipeout Museum was built by Zico Liu, of beat Zico fame.
    He's still working at SL as far as I know and would be the best person to ask.
    I know he has a Facebook page, but as I'm not, and have no intention of signing up to Facebook, I can't give you a link to ask him about the soundtrack.

I think they are loops made especially for the Wipeout Museum but its possible they're loops taken from licensed music. Although in that case i'd have thought they would be credited in full.

Has anyone tried those music identification phone apps like Shazam?