Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the best ship to Barrel Roll with?

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Mirage for me BR's the easiest by far, it's even BR'ed sometimes when I didn't want it to... Causing my death more often than not. O_o

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    elsalmantino

For the actual BR all ships feel the same to me, but Mirage HD seems to get much more air time than anything else, making it easier to get BR's. The damn bug's ugly and hard to control, but it sure is floaty.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Don't say that. Mirage HD is beautiful. You just have to learn to appreciate.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I haven't even tried to barrel roll yet, to be honest.

PSN ID
    TERRA-WRISTS / SKRUFFEM

pirahna no good for the br for my play.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Rennfisch / dieBeulenpest

Imo, it's much easier with the HD-ships. They don't feel so heavy like the Fury ones.

Malton (between Brampton and Mississauga. Literally) ,Ontario,Canada
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

Ive been making observations... it's true hd's br easier than fury (excluding goteki and icarus). I say goteki is best because of a little logical thinking... Its max thrust gives more boost from speed pads (estimation). Therefore making boost from br'ing higher than other ships. But there is a counter to this boost increase... the weight, aerodynamic level (but not xl anymore so...) and top speed. Duel nosed ships are heavier than single ones, making br'ing DOWN a hill better but, how much chances do you get to do that... Next, aerodynamic level. Being a Duel nosed ship, air gets caught between the hulls, making an area of low pressure in front of the cabin. Low pressure disperses wind (look up on google) pushing back the ship to its regular speed... Finally, top speed. Its lower top speed can be a massive counter: speed vs accel
    Speed <-------------|-------------------> Accel
    ______________(goteki is here)
    Its lower speed cancels out the high boost from the accel...

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    MyNameIsBom

For me it seems that Icarus HD and Goteki 45 Fury is the easiest, Feisar is probably third. I havent actually played for many teams, but my friend did say that Mirage and Harimau is pretty easy due to how "light" they feel and the air time you get.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

I don't really see a big difference in BRing between ships. They're the same to me.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

It's a bit of a misconception that Furymau is one of the easiest for BRs. I'd like to think I know that ship and it wouldn't even make the top 5 imho.
    Don't know which the best is, but I'm pretty certain the worst it Qirex Fury. Reason for this is because it's the ONLY ship that I can't make the SSBoostBR on Cheng Rev. Some of them are pretty tight but the Qirex is a no-go. It's pretty much THE defining test (for me) as far as seeing how much air each craft gets relative to the rest.