Thread: Weapon ideas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    D_1998_BR

Exclamation Weapon ideas

So,many people like the game's weapons and how they behave,but do you wish there was a brand new weapon? I've had many thoughts these days,but I will only show you guys one of them as an example,as more people reply I will gradually show more of them.

Name:Trapwall
    Class:Blue
    Effects: an small,rectangle-shaped hole is placed on the track,if someone gets too close a wall pops out of it and makes the person crash
    Damage:10 Absorb:25

Got an idea to share with us? Feel free to post!

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    D_1998_BR

Unhappy

Nobody replied yet? Oh well,here's another one:

Name:Fiery Boost
    Type:Green or Pink
    Effects:Makes your ship start catching fire and speeds up 300km/h for 5 seconds,while if you crash with someone it damages the opponent's ship heavily (also hurts your ship,since your on fire)
    Damage:35 Absorb:60

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

i think ur first suggestion existed already in a little bit different version in wip3out. it was called 'forcewall' or something like that.
    i still have hopes for another 'full' new edition of wipEout, not this 30fps BS 2048 obviously will be. i mean a 'BIG' wipEout with 60fps (120 for 3d version) hopefully for PS3, but PS4 would be great too until then, i'll stay with wipEout HD, still plenty of 'work' to accomplish.

maybe the devs of this future wipEout game reading this forum, and maybe they'll take some of the suggestions and implement them into their game

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by JFthebestJan View Post
    ...not this 30fps BS 2048 obviously will
    be
    You tested it before saying it's BS ?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Force Wall from Wip3out and Penetrator super from Fusion is basically what you described.

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    D_1998_BR

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Force Wall from Wip3out and Penetrator super from Fusion is basically what you described.
    Seriously? Dang,i have to buy that game

I got those ideas from some creations i made in LBP2 when i played it (about 3 months ago)

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

How about a weapon that damages all players proportionally to how many weapons they've fired or how much damage they've done to other players in that race? Maybe if it was as overpowered as the rest of the weapons, it'd discourage the mindless weapons spam that spoils so many races.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Not likely, considering what 2048's focus is (Weapons) that they'd put a weapon going against it.
    Also that seems a bit too far reaching and like a win button.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Of course it's not likely, but I can dream.
    It would only be a "win button" if the other players were weapons spammers, though. If you raced well with minimal weapons use, it would barely affect you. Not wanting others to have the win button would be a good incentive to use the weapons only where necessary, rather than being rewarded for crapping them all over the track, as it is now.
    But it wasn't really a serious idea, anyway.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmadSmartAlex View Post
    How about a weapon...
    Global Drain from WipEout Fusion drained everyone to critical.

The screen white out has never existed to my knowledge, but there have been several control altering weapons in the games, some of which affected the camera. Electro Bolt and Disruption Bolt to name a few.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Global Drain from WipEout Fusion drained everyone to critical.
    Yeah, that was a horrible weapon . But that's because it drained everybody, not just weapons spammers. I'd like to see something that discourages overuse of weapons and allows better racing to take place.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Weapons off? Green weapons?
    No offense but if you race with weapons on, it's understood that there will be combat and racing. Weapons off = only racing.
    But that's an age old debate again.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

I don't hate weapons in Wipeout, so I don't argue for their removal. I just hate how unbalanced they make the game, due to being so overpowered and many peoples' tendency to spam them. If they only slowed you a little and did a little damage, I'd like them (I like them in the first game, and they're okay in a couple of others). Tactical use of them would be fun and interesting. But the way they are now, I consider them annoying and that they spoil many races.