Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your weirdest moments in HD

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Default Your weirdest moments in HD

I was looking at the "Best moments in HD" thread and thought "What about the really strange stuff that goes on?". Whether it's a glitch in the game or just something that had no Earthly right to happen...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TakatsukiYayoi

I've actually managed to flip a craft over at Chenghou Project once.

Also at the same track, while flying with critical shields, an Assegai AI pilot flew into me at the hairpin and killed the both of us. ****in idiot that guy.

ion harvest is offline Banned for sending profane and abusive PM's Rapier Pilot
    PSN ID
    ion_harvest

Getting a really random message from some guy who asked me How did you do that?

he meant Barrel Roll a real einstein moment for me that one i told him left right left and he called me a dick. :-

Had to laugh it off.

PSN ID
    novide

race on chengou rev./phantom with new players. i had a good start, first pad was a turbo, took the shortcut and than at the tunnel/right curve there were mines... i've been wondering, lap 1, saw no ship in front of me but i was 3 sec. behind someone... finaly, i won the race..

PSN ID
    Ziz528

I've been stuck in respawn cycles before on the Amphiseum and Modesto Heights, where I would run off thr track, the game respawns me in a spot where I'm forced to fall off the track again, etc etc. Bloody annoying online.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by novide View Post
    i had a good start, first pad was a turbo, took the shortcut and than at the tunnel/right curve there were mines...
    Crazy !!

PSN ID
    novide

yeah, i think it was a lucky glitch or extrem lag.. yesterday i saw a crazy lag start on sebenco, was funny to watch.. like a video from jjpap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVzK7wY-iu8 at 6.24, but only one pilot did it

Angry Grrrrr

Came off the jump bit on uber mall forward and went straight through the surface of the track and got reset to last place

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Talking ubermall :/

Right after the bump after the split, I barrel rolled
    and used my boost pick up. My goteki headed straight into the black lamppost, the weird thing was I got stuck on the lamppost for about 3 seconds then I spawned back all the way where I started xD Also on ubermall reverse, never go on the left side of the track at the start, pitch nose up and barrel roll coming down the slope, there's a barrier that will make you get stuck in mid air LOL
    Last edited by MyNameIsBom; 29th July 2011 at 11:26 AM. Reason: typos

PSN ID
    firstdave/Astropulser

Novide.Thanks i,ve not seen a lag start before.A bit down hearting if you see that and don,t know why it happened so at least now i know if it happens.Using ag-sys on metropia leading an elim and 20 pints from a win i got hit with something entering the loop and my ship few upwards hitting a frame and just kept ramming it and i could not recover from it so just sat there and watched my leading score dissipate to nothing as it reduced with every smash

Dave.

PSN ID

I went to fire a plasma tonight, right at the end of an eliminator. As it charged it was completely transparent, and the plasma that fired was a perfect black sphere with a white outline! It looked well sinister, not seen that before

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Weirdest moment for me was probably on Chenghou Reverse. I saw a Plasma bolt exploding on the very first mag strip right near the start. Nothing weird there.

The next lap, I see the exact same bolt exploding again and again. It's as if it's constantly going off, dissipating, and then exploding again. I've only seen it once, and what's even stranger is that when I mentioned it in the chat room after the race, nobody said that they could see it!

PSN ID
    firstdave/Astropulser

Wow this must be the dark spirits of Wipeout tormenting us due to them messing with dark energy.

Dave.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

on sebenco reverse near the beginning I used a turbo to take the boost roll...Well I missed, hit the right wall and somehow got turned upside down flying partway on the canopy of my ship...Then the people I left with the boost come through and ram the crap out of me... Ive had something similar happen on Uber reverse but not so bad.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Zix-Xer

I did a br once and at that point fell out the track. when I spawned again I was still upside down scraping whit my head over the floor. i got reset after 3 sec ever time, and it would still put me down upside down. till I died....

on V-K zone mode zone 45+ sometimes when I just reached the bottom of the first drop my ship looses all the speed, for about 1/2 sec but I can still steer. but because there’s a really sharp corner near that I always steer sharp to the left and then I’ll end up wrong way! and I can tell you that’s very frustrating on zone 45+ it almost always kills me at 65+

Timezone
    GMT -5

Today I did autopilot in Ubermall in Phantom (multiplayer), just after landing from that first barrel-roll slope (you know, after the splitting area), and the autopilot jumped off the course and crashed my plane for me.

Now that I look back upon it, perhaps I shouldn't have used autopilot at that juncture, but I was surprised that I can usually take care of that stuff myself, and the autopilot can't.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Don't you ever tried autopilot on the long left hander of chengou ?

Timezone
    GMT -5

I have, and it does get crazy, but never with these kinds of results.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

On sol2 fwd on like the second lap I think me and JJPAP were neck in neck when he hits some mines just when the track starts opening up and the walls disapear which send him flying into me who is on his right, which leads to us both being inescapably pushed off the track. And now the interesting part, JJ was filming the event where in we have switched places leading to the roles being reversed.

In other words, the prediction engine threw a fit and kicked us both off the track lucky it wasnt a serious race or I think we'd both have been slightly irritated

PSN ID

I quite like the glitches in HD, some of them are properly mental!