Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Track Secrets

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    D_1998_BR

Post Track Secrets

Do you know of something not so many people know on the WipEout HD Tracks? If you do,post here.Including Barrel Roll opportunities,shortcuts,special signs (like the Tigron Enterprises one at Metropia,when your on the magnetic field look back and you should see it upside down) well,ANYTHING!
    Feel free to post your finds and share them to the community

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

There are only a few "short cut's" per se.

1st on Chenghou reverse, you need a Turbo to do it.[Rapier & Phantom speed]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZL8Dzci560
    You can BR while doing it for a extra boost once landed, you need to side shift left to pull it off successfully though, not easy at phantom speed.

Ubermall Forward
    There are 2, the fist can only be done at Phantom speed with a turbo, the second at pretty much any speed with a turbo.[See video]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps9BD3C1OGE

Ubermall Reverse.
    You need a turbo and balls of steel to attempt this, not to mention perfect aiming of your crafts nose.
    Can be done from Flash speed [you really need to side shift to position yourself to do it at such slow a speed and turbo late], Rapier & Phantom speed all depends on the timing, Time Trials really get you perfecting it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_y4V2OXGAw
    PS: Don't worry about hitting the outside of the ramps wall.
    See this post.
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5924

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    D_1998_BR

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    There are only a few "short cut's" per se.

1st on Chenghou reverse, you need a Turbo to do it.[Rapier & Phantom speed]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZL8Dzci560
    You can BR while doing it for a extra boost once landed, you need to side shift left to pull it off successfully though, not easy at phantom speed.
    You actually don't need a turbo for it...Aim for that arm on the side of the track and side-shift right,it isn't as effective as the turbo one,but you can save the turbo for the last straight into the finish line,theres an almost-invisible bump there,boost and nose up,barrel roll at your own risk

It works in any class,even on Zone's Sub-venom

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    P_Denton, hyperfluous

Why restrict yourself to sub-venom ? It really works for about any zone, you may just want to get off the track slightly earlier as you progress in speed. I'm still looking for a way to br without hitting the walls (and missing SP if possible) on the open section of Sol 2 rev without boost around the 40s-50s. I managed one, but I didn't manage to replicate it, getting the right pitch as you exit the track is really hard imo.

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    D_1998_BR

Quote Originally Posted by P_Denton View Post
    Why restrict yourself to sub-venom?
    Just an example to tell it works in any class

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

the most rewarding one and also most difficult one is this one on Sol 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2z_C9gqDGc

pira is insane for making it so many times in a row

Oh and D it works pretty much the same way in every class the only thing thyat really changes is the timing and angle I only have an example in phantom but if you understand how it's done there you can do it in every class essentially.
    Last edited by Oryx Crake; 6th November 2011 at 05:32 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    D_1998_BR

Exclamation

That's a heck of a shortcut! Never would think of it...

I know,I know,it works in any class,i used the example as Sub-Venom to tell you can be painfully slow,it will still work if you do it right

Timezone
    GMT + 4

Talking

think this is also attractive - click here
    Last edited by runingman111; 6th November 2011 at 11:38 AM. Reason: bad link

Timezone
    GMT + 4

Talking

thank you Rob - here is the advice

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

Great thread, some of the greats are a tad secretive.

Timezone
    GMT + 4

Talking

my favorite - here

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    D_1998_BR

As this thread is getting slightly popular,I'd like to ask you guys to check out the Queen Bee Mode thread,see if you like and message me if your in

Timezone
    GMT + 4

Thumbs up

SOL 2 ...think this is 4 a good start watch this first and 4 all who search the right point 4 jumping this ... i love the music to try it .. epic

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I'm know Piraphic has a heap saved as video uploaded to YouTube, but have only been viewable by invite only, I haven't seen him playing HD/FURY in a very long time.
    The thing is, he & Leungbok were the two most actively involved in finding a lot of the obscure BR points.[I could spot possible places as well as them, and I'd mention them to them, sure enough they could pull them off, but rarely if ever actually perform them myself]

I was in conversation with all the elite pilots at one stage for the purpose of making a "Wipeout HD/FURY Master BR/Shortcut video"....to cut a long story short it just became too big.
    Mainly because people wanted credit [rightly so in my opinion] for finding the more obscure BR positions, and for that to be made evident in the final video.
    Problem was/is, how to you give credit when there is no proof, and then have the problem of somebody challenging the info in the video[s]

Well, going by the HD/FURY VIDEO thread and the various comps that have been run over the last 3 years, there has been posted both at the Wipeoutzone & Wipeout Arena there were around 20-25 different people that found the most well known BR positions & short cuts.

Suggest you CAREFULLY watch ALL the videos in the Video thread, you will see, in many cases the first time ever on video, a lot of BR positions and the date they were first found.
    I know of two that are not well known [I've seldom seen anybody actually do them online] that are in that thread in the first 30 pages.
    One is by Xtriko on Chenghou reverse. on the bend just after the first mag strip, {useful if you haven't picked up a turbo beforehand and taken the shortcut boost]
    Second - Check for all the videos by XBARSTERX, I can't remember which track it's from [FURY tracks most likely] but I have never seen anybody do it at this position before or since.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 28th November 2011 at 05:36 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Archon473

Default Xbarnsterx

I certainly have never seen this.

Or this. Good God.
    Last edited by Archon; 28th November 2011 at 06:41 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Problem was/is, how to you give credit when there is no proof, and then have the problem of somebody challenging the info in the video[s]
    As it's impossible to undoubtedly know the real finder of a BR or boost location, give credit to the first who shared it in video, it's the most important for the community !

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    D_1998_BR

I haven't seen much people actually doing this barrel roll on online games,whether high or low level players,but here it goes:

Chengou Project FWD,Any Class (on higher classes it gets way harder,but still doable)
    After that ~build robots~ thing there will be a turn to the right,try to make it as close to the wall as possible,then side-shift left,it should give you enough air to Barrel Roll

If you didn`t understand,i will try and make a video of it soon enough

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    As it's impossible to undoubtedly know the real finder of a BR or boost location, give credit to the first who shared it in video, it's the most important for the community !
    Well for an example.
    Who FIRST found the 2 extra BR's down the finishing straight of Vinitea K forward?
    Wotan/Assayeah/Pira or Yourself ?, there is a 5th candidate, but really it's a lottery.
    I love all you guys, and don't want to offend anybody, so I can't make the call.
    Then again I doubt any of the 4 of you would say either of you were the first, it was sort of a mutual finding.

EDIT: Actually, once I searched back through the video thread, I found it wasn't any of you that found it first, if video posting first of the deed is the criterion LOL
    A long forgotten UK pilot [ Long time MIA but Urged back for a brief appearance for the HD CUP, [HINT: They were a FEISER pilot exclusively]
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 28th November 2011 at 11:59 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Double post..opps
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 28th November 2011 at 12:54 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Well for an example.
    Who FIRST found the 2 extra BR's down the finishing straight of Vinitea K forward?
    Wotan/Assayeah/Pira or Yourself ?, there is a 5th candidate, but really it's a lottery
    It's possible to change the words "discoverer of" by "first to show" a BR or tricks
    And in case of doubt on a particular one, we can discuss to decide who must be credited, i think about the boost/BR shortcut on moa forward pirahpac told me and that i filmed first (in that case, it's possible to say "filmed by leungbok after a pirahpac's idea").

Quote Originally Posted by D_1998_BR View Post
    After that ~build robots~ thing there will be a turn to the right,try to make it as close to the wall as possible,then side-shift left,it should give you enough air to Barrel Roll
    In fact that BR isn't very advantageous at phantom speed compared to a tight cornering, so there's not a lot of videos with that one on youtube.
    However, i showed it on that very old video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MApEiE7g3Mk
    Last edited by leungbok; 28th November 2011 at 02:24 PM.