View Poll Results: Are you sick of weapons online?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes weapons fire is the bane of my existance!

18 31.03%
  • Meh, I could do without em but... meh.

11 18.97%
  • Nah I kinda like the combat.

13 22.41%
  • Hell no! I love shooting people!

16 27.59%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: weapons

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by feisar rocket View Post
    Dodge! Side shift right when it's about to hit you( you have to guess and the direction to SS too ) Dodged 3 yesterday when playing with SoA. (and the 4th one killed me...) But dodging in Elimo is impossible.
    Sideshift in my absolutely honest opinion is a real hard ability to make in the right time and i think is anyways there the luck factor. You can't see the missile (yeah i know, you can see with L1 a backwards camera, but i personally can't concentrate in the race if i start looking backwards) and obviously right-timing this dodge without where the weapon is, is a real pain.
    Not to mention if you crash trying dodging it (yeah, it happened to me... i tried to avoid a missile and... terminated with a wall crash and a missile hit), you have to be in an appropriate side of the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackreign
    Weapons are an essential part of the game's racing strategy. Wipeout has always been good about checks and balances because of the weapons. They create a dynamic race in which someone who has good racing lines and the right weapon at the right time could win.
    I'm not really saying that weapons should be off the WipEout saga, but, precisely in that WipEout (my favorite, and one of my favorite games of all history), weapons did a real dynamic race, where, if you get hit by a missile, you lose positions, time... but you still have the chance to win, in HD are (imho) really overpowered. The difficulty in 1995's WO was not given by the weapons themselves. And even it wasn't an energy shield, so the motive was completely to slow the opponents for making easier for me to win.

So, of course there should be weapons, but with moderation and the right level of power.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    araos1

I like the weapons. My only gripe is that I cannot customize my ship more.

What drew me to WipEout HD is the fact it reminded me so much of a game I used to love years ago called "Rock n' Roll Racing". So I like the weapons.

I should say though, that WipEout HD is my first WipEout game so I have no idea if the others have weapons or not. I got it with Sony's Welcome Back package and have been enjoying it. Only got into the online portion of the game just last week.

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    D_1998_BR

Angry

I win most flash and venom races,after that the host takes longer times between games,i think he sends everyone a message to pwn me,I always get punished by rockets,quakes and missiles...Quickly eliminated,but I return into 3rd or 2nd.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Sounds like classic Wipeout paranoia there D

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Play phantom, less noob's behavior there !

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    araos1

Oh if only I were skilled enough to do so