Thread: This game needs WAY more love.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    JayMinerFan

Default This game needs WAY more love.

Bringing it up because it's true. If you can ignore the fact that it was basically a rush job to hold people over until Wipeout 3, it's probably better than any of the PS1 games, if only by virtue of having massive speed and opponents that aren't total pushovers.

Post here if you're a fellow Wipeout 64 fan!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

I'm a Wipeout 64 fan! I played it about a week ago and it's extremely fun and very very challenging! Maybe the most difficult Wipeout ever made!

It is more challenging to beat the ai than XL. I like the physics the best in this game

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

ahh.. I can remember hours and hours of playing this. Might have to break out my 64 just to fall in love all over again.

BTW I am an extreme fan!

Timezone
    GMT -5

Loved 64, it was my introduction to the series, and it rocked. I loved AG-Systems, though when I was playing I always thought it was A6.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I am one too! Although, I must admit I have never had the real chance too play it on the original console
    For the rest the draw distance is a bit bad... (it wasn't too good in 'XL either.) In fact the game has a lot of detail, i sort of love the cranes you can see on... oh, wait, what is the name of that track again???

PSN ID
    stin_wz

" l sort of love the cranes you can see on... oh, wait, what is the name of that track again???"

Porto Kora.

stevie

PSN ID
    love9sick

I played it after wipeout 3 and I felt like it was a neutered wipeout 3.

Timezone
    GMT -8

It introduced me to the wipeout series, and I got to admit it is my favourite one by far!

Timezone
    GMT -6

first wipeout game i played when i was a kid. heh... didnt even know what wipeout was then.... and splash went the internet research. i love WipEout 64 now even more then i did then. nothing like trashing the lap record on velocitar over and over again. as of now a days..... i play wipeout 64 on emulator on my laptop. the old 64 gave up the ghost a long time ago. as of yesterday my record for velocitar is 29.4 on a lap trail in the venom league. so yah...... Major Fan.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Same here. First Wipeout game I actually owned. Although I was that kid that used to walk into the game store after school and play the wipeout demo for as long as they'd let me when it first hit the PS1.

Shockingly, I still have this cart, and a working 64. I should go play this later.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Defjukie16

I think because it was released on N64, nobody really took it as seriously as it should have been taken.