Thread: Dlc

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DarkRacer95

Default Dlc

I know that the first 5 wipeout teams will be included in the game, but does anyone find it funny that a team that was non-existing at the time of this game is in it? That could mean that the other 7 teams could be in development right now for DLC, but then that means they would have to create 28 new ships. Then it would take a longer time to get used to one ship.

And since the game takes place in one big city, what if SL made another city with 10 other tracks?

PSN ID
    Blaey

whats the team that wasnt in existance at the time?

The teams are:

Feisar, AG Systems, Auricom, Qirex and Pir-hana

Assuming Pir-hana is a prototype or they're messing about with the timeline by a few years then I dont see the problem. Wouldnt mind seeing the ships from the original wipeout (2052) as prototypes though.

Would be nice to see them realised in HD

What I do find strange is the fact that the qirex and auricom seem to already be adapting from the typical triangle shaped racer even though it's set before 2052 and thus would mean both teams went backwards in their design...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DarkRacer95

Piranha came as a prototype during 2097. before it was just a parts company for Ag-Systems and Auricom. But they are messing with the timeline because the weapons look like HD's weapons and it features Mag-Strips.

PSN ID
    Blaey

They could be attempting a reboot of the series of sorts.
    So maybe removing the original wipeout from the canon and going from 2097 onwards. This would make sense considering what we know about 2048 already...

However alot of the timeline changing decisions could simply be because of game balancing issues like the mag strips being a good excuse for having ships being able to do crazy rollercoaster style moves and weapons being the same as they are in HD to save programming. However I would like to see the return of the electro bolt rather than plasma

Reckon the Pir-hana would still be weapons-free?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DarkRacer95

idk maybe your right. But it would be real cool to see a new city. Any ideas?

PSN ID
    Blaey

I'd prefer to see a wipeout game that spanned the timeframe of all the ps1 wipeout games personally.

after you've done city too much it gets a bit stale. Offroad wipeout could be an option but that never really worked in fusion :i

I hope they release some of the Wipeout 2052/2097 tracks as DLC (unless they're already in the game) and lets also hope they include the 2052 skins for the new ship designs

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

If they already have DLC planned, then I am distgusted.