Thread: Am i missing out ?

PSN ID
    firstdave/Astropulser

Default Am i missing out ?

Hi all.Are the dlc pack tracks online tracks.Would buying them increase the chances of finding online activity.

Dave.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FlintFandango or RennFlint or Flint Fandango (PS4)

Hi! Yes, they are available online. But I don´t know if it will increase the chances to find online activity.
    The is: You can´t use the DLC-ships online...that really sucks.

You could call someone out for an online match, there are some skilled Pulse pilots out there!
    I still need a pause from Pulse because Outpost 7 Black was driving me mad...but I´ll be back some day.

PSN ID
    firstdave/Astropulser

Thanks.I should have got this ages ago but i have not long had it so Ive not been playing pulse that long and bought the harimau pack and i didnt know i cant use it online so yeh that is a bit by the time youve bought all the packs it works out to be quite an expensive game and i,m not convinced they are worth it and i think some of the few players who are left online will be migrating to vita 2048 and if its as good as its looking then sadly pulse may soon become a classic memory.

Dave.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Rennfisch / dieBeulenpest

Damn, Rennfisch was still on. Please excuse me...(Flint)
    Last edited by Rennfisch; 6th August 2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Wrong user ;) Sorry!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FlintFandango or RennFlint or Flint Fandango (PS4)

Well, it is worth to buy the DLC´s because of the new tracks you´ll get. Those can be used online too.
    But you´re right - considering the price of the packs, it´s a quite expensive game.
    Sure, online meetings for Pulse are a classic memory soon, but you can still play it in single player mode! I´m still a hardcore Wip3out-pilot for example, so I´m sure pilots like MrSmadSmartAlex (who really loves Pulse) will still play the game, even if it´s an oldie. (I hope I´m right with my allegation, MrSmadSmartAlex? )
    If you prefer online races, 2048 will be the next big thing, but Pulse is still a nice game.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

It is unusual to find players just lurking on the servers waiting for games, as it used to be. People tend to only race by arrangement these days (except for noob quitters, etc.). But you can still arrange online games on the forums (here, Wipeout Arena, GameFAQs, maybe other places) and I'm sure a few players will be interested. I don't play online all that often, but I will say now that I will never give up Pulse, the ultimate Wipeout game, especially not for 2048, and even more especially not for HD Fury (I'm probably getting a PS3 soon).

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Dusk118

Agreed. I got hooked on WipEout at Pure, and since then, my love has increased with HD Fury and 2048 (getting both in the future, BTW, can't wait). Still stinks that I haven't picked up the DLC for Pulse, and I was looking forward to using my favorite ship at the time of purchase: Icaras. Worst mistake Sony ever made, but it's ok now. I got EG-X to race with now, seeing as it is one sexy beast of a ship, especially in HD Fury.