Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you play WipEout HD on?

PSN ID
    bik3rluke

Exclamation What do you play WipEout HD on?

For me, it's either this:

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt47/kryptix/1.jpg

...or this:

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/t...x/9a171949.jpg

The above set-up is where my step-dad (xTHORGODx) plays most of the time.
    Last edited by Lance; 6th July 2009 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Converted over-the-filesize-limit images to links. Read the WipeoutZone guidelines in the announcements section.

PSN ID
    PLazarou

Ooh I recognise that second shot from the AVForums.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Mate, your set up is superb. I'll try to arrange mine when I'll move out, I've good systems but my place is really not compatible to this kind of eden you have. But now more important; I'm sure you're a great addition to the members here, like thorgod, so please, take time to read that http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/announcement.php?f=23, and please link your pics. This forum doesn't allow posting this size of images, cos' some of us are using little harware like psps to watch the site, so no huge pics and so on. Hope to race you soon mate, I'll have a pic of your set up in my mind when I'll see you online lol.

ok Lance did the job lol.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

ugh, mine's so embarrassing. I may edit this post later with mine though. I've got a 27" block television in my room. And it has about 20+ horizontal lines obscuring my visibility when I play. But only like 1/6th of the screen, at the top. And its colors still show and some of the image so it's not a real handicap. But it does affect my brilliant HD experience. I am planning on getting a new one for that very reason. That and WOHD (esp WOHD Fury) deserve to be played in hi-res.

Can PS3s be plugged into a computer to access the hi-rez monitor?

Timezone
    GMT + 10

Wow you guys are living the high life. Mine is a 22" Benq 1080p computer lcd screen in a small corner of my home studio (sound recording engineer). Boring!

I guess that answers my question.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

to the OP:

1) I don't really believe that this is your setup, as I have seen these same exact pictures before, posted by someone else, on this very forum I believe.
    2) This is the biggest willy-waving, I-have-to-compensate-my-underdeveloped-procreational-limb thread I have seen in a long time, so even if it were your setup, that's pretty sad.

*waiting to receive your bad rep*

you know it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

fight! fight! fight!

i mean...

race! race! race!

Default Moderator message.

grrrrr WOOF!

i play on a 50inch samsung plasma and sit like 3 foot away from it. Cos its used as a PC monitor too. Was really hard to get used too.bUt it's good to play on now.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Elhabib, he said it was Thorgod set up, not his personal set up (the second one). And even more complicated lol, bik3rluke is kryptix too. You know, same person, Well that's what I understood, but gah I'm still zombified so... Anyway, why am I posting btw. Should be on a break.
    Last edited by kanar; 6th July 2009 at 07:09 PM.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I'm currently on a 22" LG 1080i job which doubles as my computer monitor. However, I've got one eye on a new 24" 1080p monitor, and the other on my bank balance...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

Err, like Kanar said, he didn't claim either setups as his own, and besides, what's wrong with some d1ckwaving here, it is a racing game forum, isn't it?

LOL, silly me, forgot to add that I'm playing on a Panasonic Viera TX-37PZ (I think it was), 1080p of course...
    Last edited by sny; 6th July 2009 at 06:53 PM. Reason: added setup

um... cos willywaving is pointless and boring?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

Agreed, but it wasn't out of place among all the other minor wobbling willies (pardon the visually disturbing wording ) which were left unremarked upon... that was my point.

I'm just saying it isn't the worst case of e-peen stroking I've seen by a long shot, so let's not crucify anyone for it.
    Last edited by sny; 6th July 2009 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Redundant quote removed... damn, I'm faster than Lance!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    I guess that answers my question.
    Haha, yes.
    You need to make sure though that your computer monitor supports HDCP (A quick Google search for the model number will give you the exact specifications of your monitor), and if it does, you can use an HDMI to DVI cable to plug the PS3 in the monitor. Now it depends on the monitor you have, some will support only 720p correctly and will inappropriately scale 1080i/p (Often times cutting off a part of the picture), while others will support all resolutions the PS3 can output. I'm using a ViewSonic VX2035wm in this way with an HDMI to DVI cable, and it supports 1080p perfectly so I can play on it with no problem.
    For sound, even though my monitor has integrated speakers, I have a Samsung HT-X40 bought cheaply at BestBuy (Compared to other 5.1 systems, and no the price on CNet is far higher than what was paid for it, at least four times too high) and it's served me well... I have the desktop computer on it too, though it only has 2.1 in the case of the computer (5.1 through Digital Optical for PS3)

Timezone
    GMT -5

I play wipeout hd on an etch-a-sketch and i make all the sound effects with my mouth, except for quakes... I lean back into my chair and cut a thunderous blast to elevate the realisim. Hardcore gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by sny View Post
    ...........so let's not crucify anyone for it.
    Oh, c'mon; don't be a killjoy; let's do it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Let the willy-waving commence! Here's my new setup: A Panasonic Viera TC-P50G10 plasma (also doubles as my computer monitor) coupled with Energy Take Classic 5.1 surround speakers through a Yamaha RX-V465BL 5.1 receiver
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LOUDandPROUD; 6th July 2009 at 09:07 PM.