Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your weirdest moments in HD

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    oliver_fighter7 - Olivariox

It was yesterday, on a race at Moa Therma. In the last lap i was behind other player, and jumped in the barrell roll location before the finish; he didnt, and i fell over him, who acted like a taxi driver, taking me to the finish line

PSN ID
    SoA_Booney

Was beginning a tournament and throughout i was racing under a random name? dont know how but definately looked weird

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Javariko

Quote Originally Posted by Olivario View Post
    It was yesterday, on a race at Moa Therma. In the last lap i was behind other player, and jumped in the barrell roll location before the finish; he didnt, and i fell over him, who acted like a taxi driver, taking me to the finish line
    Who won?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    P_Denton, hyperfluous

Got into a random elim room the other day. The bottom indicator readings went batshit insane and all the opposing crafts turned completely invisible on my end. I don't think all the other players had the same problem as weapons were fired at me while I was holding back going wtf. Anyway the oppo were so noobish I actually led O_o I got fed up with it halfway through and left^^ Too surreal for my nerves.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    elsalmantino

In the last lap of a race in Sebenco I sniped a guy with a plasma when he was half a second away from the finish line. He exploded and was sent flying forward, crossed the finish line and crashed into the mountains, and the game gave him 1st place

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    oliver_fighter7 - Olivariox

Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    Who won?
    Me, by 0.01

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    NX-01 StarClass: alias (Old Scholz Playa)

During a Rapier class Tourney race on Vineta Rev past Monday, I got slammed into that open pit in the track and it was like a video loop of me going down three times and about three seconds long before I recovered to continue the race.

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Vineta K FWD, I used the boost-BR combo when coming back onto the home straight, messed up my trajectory and got stuck on a billboard (I think it's the Goteki 45 one, though not sure if it changes) for the rest of the race...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Azurooth

My weirdest moment was when i was playing wipeout and everything went sooo well and suddenly the game froze and i got ylod. That was pretty weird.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    teh1337cheata

i was on anulpha pass and coming up to the split on the track i go stuck on a wall and wasnt losing any damage. if it was zone it would of help but unfortunately it was race XD

PSN ID
    Aeralys

Been playing this game for almost a year and I've only just discovered you can disengage Auto-Pilots at any point by pressing Circle. A weird noob moment for me...

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

Sometimes, the game will freeze up on me. Other times I find my self hitting walls that send me straight up and off the track (but at least I can do a barrel roll on the way down).

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Trying to make BR on Anulpha Pass's "bridge" with boost, falling 5 or more times in row, in the same place, and every next fall off is making you respawn upside down.... try it But it will happen on other tracks too...

EDIT: And when my game froze after getting "Perfect Lap" on Ubermall Rev... game couldn't believe it xD
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 28th September 2011 at 06:58 PM.

PSN ID
    admr112

In Elimination, seeing a Quake rush towards me. I guess the first reaction would be to start a shield or brace for impact. My first reaction....

...Huh?...Is that-HIT-

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Azurooth

hehe in elimination you can turn your ship around 180 degrees by simply pressing R1. And therefore shoot the other way.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    araos1

My weirdest moment so far?

Was playing one day last week online and was about 5 seconds from claiming my first online win, when the person I'm racing against left the game and I ended up with "DNF". Lame and a bit childish.

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    D_1998_BR

Red face Unique stuff (i think)

An Elite AI Harimau pilot overtook me on sebenco reverse,then my ship started to burn,like when you hit mines,but the harimau didn't deploy any mines (instead,he boosted)

Playing online Single race yesterday,i was winning by 10 seconds gap from everyone (before INFINITY_1 joined the session,my winning chances decreased by a lot,but i still managed to win some races),i finished the race in first place,but then,when i was gonna get a glass of water and watch my global rankings,i noticed someting really odd: NoUseForAnID had won without even moving the ship! Everyone confirmed I was first for the entire race,but somehow he won,i was like WTF!?!?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Azurooth

New weird experience. Choosed AG-Systems (as usual) It looked liked AG-Systems, but it wasn't. It was another ship in disguise. In short words, i got some other ships stats. Felt all funky. O.o

Timezone
    GMT -5

AG-Systems is like the Autobacs of Grand Turismo 5 (read any of their car descriptions). They may put you inside an experimental ship, without any warnings.

(For posterity: Everything I said above is false)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SomeWhiteNoise

At the start of an eliminator match, I got hammered with a big succession of weapons/collisions, and came out the mess with the little ball of energy you get with a leech beam. I never had an LB. It stayed with me the whole race.