Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your weirdest moments in HD

Timezone
    GMT -5

I agree. I think the upside down flying one pretty much wins. I always look out for that one.

PSN ID
    Sphereshift

Today I started a race with 105 shield.

And: Very often the one that finishes last and is e.g. 20 seconds slower than the first one had the fastest lap time. Of course this can be every now and then. But I notice this so reguarly that it´s hard to believe. Especially when there seems to be a big gap between the winner ( no no, it is not me I am talking about..would sound arrogantly^^) and the fastest lap guy concerning skill.

Edit: Oh and sometimes the race starts without having pressed a button..as host.
    Last edited by Autechom; 31st July 2011 at 02:05 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Maybe it was the leader or 2nd player that deserved the fastest lap's badge, but there's sort of priority in badges rewards. Maybe when you deserves several badges in a race you'll obtain one prioritary on the others. "comeback king" rather than "free time", "free time" rather than "speed hunter"... and then the badges not obtained but deserved are available for other pilots.
    Don't know, just an idea !

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Leungbok, your theory actually makes sense... sorta. I've noticed that too.
    On another note, upside down flying for me again today...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TakatsukiYayoi

I flew upside down again, this time at the first hairpin of Sebenco Climb. Serial respawns I hate.

Does the AG League Commission hate autistic pilots like me or something?

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Upside down near the chicane section on Sebenco Reverse for me today... Is it just on Sebenco? O_o I remember this used to happen all the time on Pure since your ship wouldn't level out in mid-air, it would keep its angle and often you'd land on your side or upside down completely.
    Last edited by trackripper; 31st July 2011 at 05:29 PM.

PSN ID
    R3BU5ER

Weirdest moment for me is defenitly when I was racing with Tarquin, 1VS1 on ubermall forward. He was sitting on the grid the whole race, ended up as a photo-finish...WTF?! Tarquin saw me sitting on start/finishline the whole race That's was the most unbelievable thing I think I experienced..
    Last edited by R3BU5ER; 31st July 2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Spelling

PSN ID
    Whizawk

Auricom somehow went straight through the track (wouldn't even be suprised if that thing left a crater on landing) and when I respawned back on track I was flying upside-down with the cockpit grazing the surface of the track. Then it respawned me again, but this time - the right way up.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

um i managed to go through the track, just like Whizzer-Hawk.. I was doing a zone battle split screen on Amphersium(?) reverse I landed on the starting grid from the final jump and landed on the side wall, falling through the barrier, I got about 1 second look from underneath the track... Looked awesome Damn i now wish that WOHD has replay features :/

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

One of those classic, "I finished 1st but LONO someone managed to get a faster time when they were clearly behind me" moment. Damn you lag!

ion harvest is offline Banned for sending profane and abusive PM's Rapier Pilot
    PSN ID
    ion_harvest

my own missile pinging off the walls and coming back to hit me

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FlintFandango or RennFlint or Flint Fandango (PS4)

It was just a few minutes ago...Renn and me were declared as RennFlint and participated in a flash race.
    When the race started, we were suddenly declared as "Abzurd". It happened two times in a row!
    That was really absurd.

When in the rare times I get 1st, someone else has a better time than I do.. I noticed others mentioning this, but I still don't get how this occurs lol, maybe cus I'm on wireless? Pretty weird anyhow.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    lorezstar

Quote Originally Posted by Autechom View Post
    Today Very often the one that finishes last and is e.g. 20 seconds slower than the first one had the fastest lap time. Of course this can be every now and then. But I notice this so reguarly that it´s hard to believe. Especially when there seems to be a big gap between the winner ( no no, it is not me I am talking about..would sound arrogantly^^) and the fastest lap guy concerning skill.
    I've noticed that very often and came to my own conclusion that they did a "personal" fastest lap.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    lorezstar

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel__Gaddafi View Post
    I quite like the glitches in HD, some of them are properly mental!
    totally agree (once i have gotten over the fact my race has been shot to pieces)

PSN ID
    novide

the fastest lap badge worked at the beginning, but since a year or longer, i think it changed and now it means slowest lap..

yesterday i had a race and AiiRWOLF overtook me, he was easy 2 sec. in front of me, saw him crossing the finishline, but in the results i was in front of him.. lag over 2 sec.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

I think it's pretty weird that the most overwhelmingly popular game mode online is "Tournament" when half the players quit after the first race.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TakatsukiYayoi

Nearly nobody plays Zone Battle, as well. Well, okay, in terms of random games/matches anyhow.

PSN ID
    Sphereshift

Yesterday I played Eliminator. I was damn lucky, getting several quakes, so at the end of the raceI won easily with 16 kills. The badge I received was: Successful pacifist O_ô

PSN ID
    firstdave/Astropulser

Very odd as i too easily won an eliminator yesterday too and i got the pacifist badge and i did at the time think wtf!

Dave.