Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ship Discussion Thread

PSN ID
    Ziz528

You'd think the Germans made it: it's functional, but not very good looking...

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Feisar Silver Or Goteki 45 Silver does the job for me, the silver ships feels better then the normal and Fury versions for some reason

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Erm... You do realise that there are silver versions of both the HD and Fury ships right? The silver isn't a seperate ship, it's just a paint scheme...

PSN ID
    goddessloviatar

I used to use Mirage exclusively, but naturally I migrated towards Icaras once I started playing online. Now I'm more experienced I've started exploring the other craft again, but I find that the other craft with supposedly better handling than the Icaras actually seem less responsive. Yes the Icaras has a large turning circle, but I find the initial response to controller input is more rapid on the Icaras.

PSN ID
    Ziz528

I know what you mean, the Icaras is responsive but the rate of turn isn't great, whereas ships like the EG-X, which supposedly has the same handling stat as the Icaras, feels a lot slower with the steering.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    NEODYMIUM

I'd actually say the Icaras+ feels twitchy to me, even compared to a high handling ship like Feisar+, which I've only recently migrated over to. After using Furymau for a good period of time, I forgot to pick a ship before an online race started and ended up completing it with a Feisar+. I turned out that I actually liked it.
    The way I figure it, if you're on your airbrakes, you're slowing yourself down. With Feisar, you don't have to be on your airbrakes nearly as much. The 80 shield stat is just an added bonus along with the improved thrust and speed that comes with the Fury version. Pretty well balanced, if you ask me.
    Of course, most of the ships available are still fun to race with in their own way. You just need to treat them a little bit differently.

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Anyone else here find Mirage rolling even when you don't want it to?

I was on 18 health the other day, in a furious Sebenco Climb SR race with weapons flying, went over the peak, and Mirage BR'ed by itself. Then I got hit by 3 cannon shells. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

The Icaras+ is really really responsive to initial touches, but if you use it on say, Sebenco Climb or Sol 2, you find that as soon as it gets into the turn, it's... a bit unwieldy. Feisar+ is VERY twitchy, along with Qirex+. Furymau strangely isn't that bad, and Assegai+ is the polar opposite of Icaras+. Mirage has the balance in turning ability IMO. Decent response and decent turning rate.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

First of all, if you guys want to see what Mirage is fully capable of, you'll watch Dark Phantom 89. Because Mirage = Dark Phantom 89. Even when you see it, you can't believe how solid he is with it. He's actually the one who i think will win the WO Cup, and i dont doubt him at all.

Mirage is one of the best ship around. Already a good all rounder in HD, the Fury version is just a giant leap in term of balance and proven performance. I used it for a very long time, and even with my immense love and long-time dedication to FEISAR, Fury Mirage is fierce competitor that i can always thrust in moment of doubt. My other favorites are: HD/Fury Auricom, Fury EGX and HD/Fury Harimau. I can't withstand Piranha and AG-Systems. Yes, AG-Systems. Everybody uses it and i dont really like to follow the herd like a sheep. I prefer putting myself to the test with unloved, difficult ships instead of using the easy AG-Systems path. But no, i still won't touch Piranha, its an aberration

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

dp89 already lost to bazzman32 a round or two ago :/

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Holy ****. Im falling from freaking high DP89... WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO THIS TO ME??1!!11?!?

Nah just fooling around You're an awesome gentleman and pilot and you'd deserve the champion title thousand times, pal!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

He was quite disappointed as well IIRC. Oh well

The twitchiness of the Qirex+ is precisely why I like it so much. It's difficult to get used to after the smoothness you need to demonstrate when flying the Triakis or Auricom for example, and even the FEISAR and Mirage are smooth curve style ships. You're gentle with them, take it slow. Qirex is a lightning-reflex ship that you have to be on your toes with all the time. But the fact remains is that if you harness that twitchiness, it can take corners so tightly it defies belief. Scrubs off a lot of speed, but the Modesto Heights Reverse right-hander spoon curve really lets it shine. It's the only track I can outright give Dark_Phantom_89 a run for his money on a weapons off race besides Mallavol.

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Broke 30k loyalty with Mirage today. So much for never piloting it due to its looks.
    2nd place is Qirex, followed by Feisar.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Quote Originally Posted by Challenger #001 View Post
    It's the only track I can outright give Dark_Phantom_89 a run for his money on a weapons off race besides Mallavol.
    Racing at Mallavol? I want some of that!

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right...

...now it looks like I'm spelling it wrong.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

I'm more for turning and technique,so I don't see the 7/10 speed stat as a disadvantage. If anything,it can even be turned into an advantage.
    I don't use the FurySAR much because it...just looks blocky(from the ship point of view)
    AG-Sys,I use occasionally, but I don't use the FurySys
    I seem to be a sucker for HD ships.
    So,I mainly don't use the FuryRex,FuryCom,FuryMau,FuryRage,FuryRas,FuryKis,F uryNa,Fury45,FuryX and FuryGai...

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

I just tried the fury assegai out... i love it! iv been doing speed laps with it and iv broken all my old lap records with ease.
    Its a shame the leaderboards arent working, im in the best form ever
    I will still miss Qirex though...

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Quote Originally Posted by Kyonshi View Post
    First of all, if you guys want to see what Mirage is fully capable of, you'll watch Dark Phantom 89. Because Mirage = Dark Phantom 89. Even when you see it, you can't believe how solid he is with it. He's actually the one who i think will win the WO Cup, and i dont doubt him at all.

Mirage is one of the best ship around. Already a good all rounder in HD, the Fury version is just a giant leap in term of balance and proven performance. I used it for a very long time, and even with my immense love and long-time dedication to FEISAR, Fury Mirage is fierce competitor that i can always thrust in moment of doubt. My other favorites are: HD/Fury Auricom, Fury EGX and HD/Fury Harimau. I can't withstand Piranha and AG-Systems. Yes, AG-Systems. Everybody uses it and i dont really like to follow the herd like a sheep. I prefer putting myself to the test with unloved, difficult ships instead of using the easy AG-Systems path. But no, i still won't touch Piranha, its an aberration.
    I've only just seen this, and I would like to express my sincerest gratitude for your kind words Kyonshi. It's much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyonshi View Post
    Holy ****. Im falling from freaking high DP89... WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO THIS TO ME??1!!11?!?

Nah just fooling around. You're an awesome gentleman and pilot and you'd deserve the champion title thousand times, pal!
    Quote Originally Posted by amplificated View Post
    He was quite disappointed as well IIRC. Oh well
    Ahh yes, the Quarter Final match. I lost because I am a complete novice when it comes to anything other than Phantom speed, and Bazzman beat me fair and square in those classes. In hindsight, I know that things could have been handled a lot better, but I was very competitive back in those days (too competitive if I'm honest.) They say that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and it was probably for the best that I lost that match. It exposed my weakness and showed that I'm more of a one-trick pony when it comes to HD. Phantom is the only thing that I can do and place high on the leaderboards at.

Nowadays, I only play casually, around once a week for an hour or so. Just enough to stay acquainted with my beloved Mirage. Anyway, I've gone off topic for long enough, so back we go.

I can see why a lot of people give the Mirage stick, and I'll fully admit that it's not exactly the most aesthetically pleasing ship of the bunch. If you're able to get past the looks (it's what's on the inside that counts after all. ) then it's a really decent ship. It turns beautifully, has a good centre of gravity and despite it's bulky appearance, is actually fairly light, so barrel rolling in it is a breeze.
    Last edited by Dark_Phantom_89; 7th March 2012 at 12:20 PM.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Phantom_89 View Post
    It exposed my weakness and showed that I'm more of a one-trick pony when it comes to HD. Phantom is the only thing that I can do and place high on the leaderboards at..
    I have to disagree with you there mate, when ever I do any Racebox you're always right near the top of my friends list, regardless of speed class. And I've got some fast friends

I had a bash in the Mirage the other week and it was a pleasure, felt very balanced and lacked the twitchy tendencies of so many other ships at Phantom. I also had a really good session in the Fury Qirex, so maybe you and Chal are onto something