Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ship Discussion Thread

PSN ID
    Ziz528

You'd think the Germans made it: it's functional, but not very good looking...

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    MyNameIsBom

Feisar Silver Or Goteki 45 Silver does the job for me, the silver ships feels better then the normal and Fury versions for some reason

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Erm... You do realise that there are silver versions of both the HD and Fury ships right? The silver isn't a seperate ship, it's just a paint scheme...

PSN ID
    goddessloviatar

I used to use Mirage exclusively, but naturally I migrated towards Icaras once I started playing online. Now I'm more experienced I've started exploring the other craft again, but I find that the other craft with supposedly better handling than the Icaras actually seem less responsive. Yes the Icaras has a large turning circle, but I find the initial response to controller input is more rapid on the Icaras.

PSN ID
    Ziz528

I know what you mean, the Icaras is responsive but the rate of turn isn't great, whereas ships like the EG-X, which supposedly has the same handling stat as the Icaras, feels a lot slower with the steering.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    NEODYMIUM

I'd actually say the Icaras+ feels twitchy to me, even compared to a high handling ship like Feisar+, which I've only recently migrated over to. After using Furymau for a good period of time, I forgot to pick a ship before an online race started and ended up completing it with a Feisar+. I turned out that I actually liked it.
    The way I figure it, if you're on your airbrakes, you're slowing yourself down. With Feisar, you don't have to be on your airbrakes nearly as much. The 80 shield stat is just an added bonus along with the improved thrust and speed that comes with the Fury version. Pretty well balanced, if you ask me.
    Of course, most of the ships available are still fun to race with in their own way. You just need to treat them a little bit differently.

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Anyone else here find Mirage rolling even when you don't want it to?

I was on 18 health the other day, in a furious Sebenco Climb SR race with weapons flying, went over the peak, and Mirage BR'ed by itself. Then I got hit by 3 cannon shells. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

The Icaras+ is really really responsive to initial touches, but if you use it on say, Sebenco Climb or Sol 2, you find that as soon as it gets into the turn, it's... a bit unwieldy. Feisar+ is VERY twitchy, along with Qirex+. Furymau strangely isn't that bad, and Assegai+ is the polar opposite of Icaras+. Mirage has the balance in turning ability IMO. Decent response and decent turning rate.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

First of all, if you guys want to see what Mirage is fully capable of, you'll watch Dark Phantom 89. Because Mirage = Dark Phantom 89. Even when you see it, you can't believe how solid he is with it. He's actually the one who i think will win the WO Cup, and i dont doubt him at all.

Mirage is one of the best ship around. Already a good all rounder in HD, the Fury version is just a giant leap in term of balance and proven performance. I used it for a very long time, and even with my immense love and long-time dedication to FEISAR, Fury Mirage is fierce competitor that i can always thrust in moment of doubt. My other favorites are: HD/Fury Auricom, Fury EGX and HD/Fury Harimau. I can't withstand Piranha and AG-Systems. Yes, AG-Systems. Everybody uses it and i dont really like to follow the herd like a sheep. I prefer putting myself to the test with unloved, difficult ships instead of using the easy AG-Systems path. But no, i still won't touch Piranha, its an aberration

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

dp89 already lost to bazzman32 a round or two ago :/

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Holy ****. Im falling from freaking high DP89... WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO THIS TO ME??1!!11?!?

Nah just fooling around You're an awesome gentleman and pilot and you'd deserve the champion title thousand times, pal!