Thread: Idea Pitching Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Default Idea Pitching Thread

There are idea pitching threads in other forums with an RP section.
    Throw in your ideas here! Can be for RPs,fan fictions,or even both!

ion harvest is offline Banned for sending profane and abusive PM's Rapier Pilot
    PSN ID
    ion_harvest

Whats the difference?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

The difference?
    In RPs,the idea is used by all in the RP.
    In fan fictions,the idea is only written on by a person.
    In fact,if there are fan fiction based on RPs and RPs based on fan fiction,I say go for it(provided the original user is fine with it).

And since no one has yet to start a pitch,I'll get the ball rolling.

It's the year 2257. The FX-500 is now a nostalgia league raced by members of the old guard who prefer more conventional tracks and controls. The R-1000(or whatever league you want it to be,it can be changed and revised if needed),however,is the current Anti-Gravity League. There have been many changes to the racng scheme,as,now,pure speed does not guarantee victory. Among the new race types is the Artistic Race,where spins,rolls and stunts are the things that decide the victorious. Another Race Type not in the Leagues of the old guards is the Zone Race,where zone increases ala Zone mode. Unlike Zone Battle,there are no boosts or shields,and points and finishing position are factors in deciding the factor.
    A difference between the current leagues and the leagues of the past is that the current leagues can tap into existing tracks for use in the race calendar,so the race world does not suffer any "drought".

Companies,both government and private,are either the teams themselves,or are contributors and aiders to a team. Hence,there are many "cliques" where one ship is used to carry the "banners" of more than one company.
    (If anyone has new ideas,or would like to add to this,reply)

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Would anyone be interested in having WipEout 2048 "transposed" to the year 2248? Prototype ships look like they could be fun for RPs.
    An offshoot I suggest is that there is a minor league that branches/cliques/forks of the major teams and privateers participate in(with four ship types to match).

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    mechyboy27

Just had the greatest idea. What if racing never really changed in the 2090s. While playing WipEout, I started watching the SPEED channel. Then I started to watch F1, which gave me a hint as to where this came from, just with two of each ship.

Then I thought, what if there was still NASCAR, Le Mans, and Touring Car esque leagues, just with ships instead of the cars they use now. But then, for example to get started in NASCAR, they modified really old cars. And now, you drive an F1 car at that level. Then work your way up to the league of your choice.

P.S. The Le Mans uses the same team in each of the four classes, just with multiple drivers.

Timezone
    GMT -6

It is the AFX-3000 league. The date; December 31st 2997 AD
    Long story short; the 'Era of Peace' has ended (in the 2400's, actually, you can't irradicate violence without irradicating humanity). AG Racing has taken on a new level of aggression not seen since the F9000 Championship. Meanwhile, humanity is in the midst of an Interstellar Nuclear War.

Let's ignore all of that talk and skip straight to the interesting part: 'Up' and 'Down' are much more significant, as traditional AG vehicles are quickly being replaced with Aerospace craft. If this were to ever be turned into a game, let's just call it a cross between WipEout and Warhawk.

An alternate, less far-fetched idea:
    The true story of Anastasia Cherovoski

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mech View Post
    Just had the greatest idea. What if racing never really changed in the 2090s. While playing WipEout, I started watching the SPEED channel. Then I started to watch F1, which gave me a hint as to where this came from, just with two of each ship.

Then I thought, what if there was still NASCAR, Le Mans, and Touring Car esque leagues, just with ships instead of the cars they use now. But then, for example to get started in NASCAR, they modified really old cars. And now, you drive an F1 car at that level. Then work your way up to the league of your choice.

P.S. The Le Mans uses the same team in each of the four classes, just with multiple drivers.
    I have noticed that the AG vehicles I the current WipEout games can't really go where motorized vehicles cannot (with the exception of my first idea), so what if there was a team who didn't use AG technology, but instead built a cross between a Jeep and a pre-AG aircraft (using a lift fan as well as wings to generate lift)?
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 26th October 2012 at 04:16 AM.