Thread: Moa Therma: Escaping my world rank #13

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

Default Moa Therma: Escaping my world rank #13

Hi everyone, I need help.

Currently I sit (both in TT and SL) 13th in the world on phantom speed. My question is...what do I need to do to get into the top 10?

First off, both times are with Feisar, and I'd like to keep it that way if possible.

-I know the shortcut w/ boost coming out of the tunnel

-I can do the double BR at the end.

Does anyone know other ways I can improve my times? Is there something i'm missing on Moa that the other racers have?

Cheers in advance!
    UB3R

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Would the difference in 80 to 100 on speed stat make any significant difference on your time? I get the feeling that if you tried it in an Icaras or something faster then your time may go up, or is that just me talking crap?

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

Oh, you're most likely correct mate! The problem is...I really want to get a top 10 time in a Feisar.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

What's the difference time wise between No1 & 13th?
    Divide it by 5 laps to work out what each lap time needs to be, then see if you can do that lap time in Feisar, then in Icaras, that should give you the answer.
    And is this reverse Moa as well?, because it seems you might be missing a BR opportunity [bloody hard to pull off though], it's after going down the start finish straight, right onto the bank then BR off the bank as you turn left.

What craft have those in positions 1 to 10 been using, that would give you a basic indication.

I'd say the top speed would have a bearing on Moa Therma more than any other track just because of the long straight

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

At least in speed lap, I'm sure the top times are done with BSB at the start, like with Vineta K.

Time trial, my guess is just get better lines and make sure you nail every boost and br. The top times are pretty damn solid, so you're going to have to work hard to break in.

Oh hell, you totally didn't search YT... here's the first result for "moa therma speed lap": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpzwKpBLyl0

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

no bsb for me on moa therma, anyway double br at the end. And several top ten times are also without (but it's faster that's clear).

PSN ID
    Ziz528

...wait what's bsb?

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Boost-Select-Boost. Or as it is now, hold down L1 for a random amount of time, then boost, keep holding L1 then hope the extra turbo kicks in.

I only tried this for the first time the other night (Ubermall venom SLs) and it's a proper pain in the arse.

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Isn't that the invalid lap button? Or is that the point? Me rather confuzzled.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

That's right, it's the invalid lap button, and yes, that is the point as it gives you another turbo. However, whether it works or not is not random: if you haven't used it already on a lap, it takes just a second or so to regain the extra turbo; and if you've already used it, it takes about 3 seconds. From my experience, anyway. Doesn't make much of a difference since you need height to make it work, and the only potential jumps are far behind the starting grid.

As you can see in the video I linked to, if you have enough space and air on a track, you can use a turbo to boost yourself up, and just before you hit the start line, you can get another turbo and get another boost to give you a stronger boost. It doesn't work on all tracks. It can be very hard to pull off right, and some people look down on it, but it can net you a faster time.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MiguelSkywalker

Quote Originally Posted by UB3R~JKP View Post

-I know the shortcut w/ boost coming out of the tunnel

-I can do the double BR at the end.
    Hi everyone , I'm afraid I don't know those shortcuts/BR's. Could you explain them, please? That would be really helpful, thanks in advance.

PSN ID
    firstdave/Astropulser

Hi.I find youtube helpfull if you have it as they will show you them and some will talk you through it.

Dave.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

... maybe look 6 posts above yours?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

private video !