I love WipEout. I'm not the best pilot in the world, but I can hold my own. I don't mind losing a fair race, but have had occasion to suspect that not all races online are fair and can't help but suspect there may be some cheating going on. I hope what I describe below are just glitches, but would be interested to hear if you have experienced anything similar.

First, ships that seem impossible to overtake. The minute you catch up with them, they boost into the distance. They aren't barrel rolling, and it happens in games where weapon hints are on, so you can tell they don't have a speed boost stored, so how on Earth are they achieving such a speed increase when you try to overtake? Is it a paticular tactic or skill that can be learned or is it a cheat, glitch or exploit? It ruins the fun of the game if the race doesn't feel fair.

Next thing I have noticed is double weapons. This is much rarer but does seem to happen. A ship will fire off a weapon, then immediately drop a bomb, some mines or use a speed bost etc. How can a ship fire off two seperate weapons in a row without passing a pickup pad?

The only other thing springs to mind is one that I am fairly certain was a glitch is invisible ships. In one race, I started at the front of the grid. No ships overtook me, but from the second the race started I was already in second place and something like 6 seconds behind at the first sector. By the second lap the invisible ship in pole position had establised a 15 second lead. How can they do this??

I want to stress, I am not a sore loser. Some of the most enjoyable, exciting races I have had are ones where I have lost against a better pilot, or someone has performed some amazing manouvre or a great weapon use at the last minute. Fair races are fun whether you win or lose, right?

It's just sometimes it doesn't always seem to be fair.