Thread: Racing Syncopia online, did I dream this?

Default Racing Syncopia online, did I dream this?

Hi all. First time poster, long time player (of average ability).

Forgive me if this has already been commented on - I've looked long and hard and couldn't see anywhere it had already been mentioned - but I was amazed by this and thought I'd check with the good people of this forum for guidance.

Whilst slipping in a few races before the missus got home last night, so I was online between 6.30 and 8 UK Time, I spotted that someone was hosting a race on Syncopia. Curious, I thought I'd try to join and was allowed.

The settings for the race were:
    Phantom class, 5 laps, pilot assist on, barrel rolls on and weapons on.

The host was based in Germany. I can't recall the full PSN ID but it ended in 2097. I think the most people that were racing at any one time was 6.

Is this a glitch? Is this something that's slowly being unlocked? How can I unlock it myself? Are there any more 'new' tracks to race online?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

It is a glitch, multiple people are able to do it. I'm sure someone will post a tutorial I don't know how to do it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by UB3R~JKP View Post
    It is a glitch, multiple people are able to do it. I'm sure someone will post a tutorial I don't know how to do it myself.
    Thanks! And if anyone's reading this that can provide a tutorial to open up another track, please do!

Does this mean the ability to do this for more than Syncopia exists?

It must do, shirley?

*Stares hard in the direction of Studio Liverpool*

MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

There, that's going to work, I'm sure.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    thanks! will try this at home tonight! I just need to constantly select Tech De Ra until my PS3 gives in and Syncopia is available to race it online? Brilliant.

There must be more access to other tracks...

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    rays_pizza

@leungbok can you get syncopia on any speed class? phantom sl would be sweet

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    NX-01 StarClass: alias (Old Scholz Playa)

Damn! I had a single race on Syncopia last month about 1030 PST and was freakout to see this track appear. I don't know how it happened, and could never get it again. I raced and I was just astonished because I hardly every race this area of "Fury" Damn! it was a beau. Please! Studio Liverpool Unlock this track to the masses

Timezone
    GMT -5

Syncopia is possible to unlock at any speed class afaik. I've only ever done it on Phantom multiplayer races, time trials, and speed laps.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID

Thanks Unctuous. I watch the video and will try to open it for multi-player racing online. I'm sure it will freakout other players too.

@curious of walthamstow The host of that race was "Yeldar2097" There as several videos on YouTube labeled "Snycopia Glitchs" with him hosting or racing. Those racers are all top notch players, 90+ online rating. They are fun to watch.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 13th July 2011 at 09:36 PM. Reason: two consecutive posts

PSN ID
    kgb1971

I joined that room, it was JPA2097 hosting.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID

@KGB Thanks for the correction. Have you every unlocked Syncopia for online racing?

PSN ID
    kgb1971

No, had a go but it's a bit boring trying to get it to work. The thrill of racing it fades very fast after a short while for me, I've probably raced on it about 10 times. Great find by SR though.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

If that was a german player as he said, I'm sure it was jpa2097 and not yeldar.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

I was in that room last night, and it was JPA who was hosting it. The Syncopia glitch is a really interesting one, and I've had many a fantastic race on there. I've only gotten it to unlock myself a few times though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by curious of walthamstow View Post
    I've looked long and hard and couldn't see anywhere it had already been mentioned
    Long and hard eh? If only some kind soul had taken the time to properly document it...

At the top of page 2 of search results for "Syncopia"

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...light=Syncopia

Second and third results on youtube for "Syncopia Glitch" - both with helpful links in the descriptions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUf36Zz4Krc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWEE8fEQdaI

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

I've tried a few times to get the glitch going. No success and I nearly died of boredom at the same time. (Doesn't take much. )
    One day, I'll get it. No biggie if I don't though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Leungbok's words from his video:

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok
    keep tryingusing what i show in the video, mate ! If it don't works after few minutes (it's totally random, it can take few seconds or more of 30mn) leave the mode and restart a racebox tt or sl and stay around tech de ra reverse !
    I've never tried it again myself with any great effort. I suppose the best thing is to just watch a video or listen to music at the same time you press the buttons, until you hear the magic words from the lady voice.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

good idea, but your cursor must absolutely be on the empty spot (tdr rev/syncopia) when the glitch appears. If not, you'll see the secret door but you'll have no sesame