View Poll Results: What do you use for airbrakes?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • L1 R1

32 45.07%
  • L2 R2

39 54.93%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: L1 R1 / L2 R2 for airbrakes?

PSN ID
    Ziz528

I actually know someone who prefers triggers for throttle too, I think he uses:
    R2 - thrust
    Square, Circle - L/R airbrakes
    X - Absorb
    L2 - Fire weapons

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Rekkuzan

I think i prefer it since i've played too many other racing games and just got used to it since R2 was always a throttle button. unlike the wipeout series...it took awhile to get used to it in HD

PSN ID
    Ziz528

The only game I know of which has R2 as throttle is NFS Prostreet, GT5 has X, and most other racing games too...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Rekkuzan

I played a lot of NFS....last time i checked GT5 was analog for throttle? i dont have it so im not sure past the demo...if anyone has it, is it any good?

PSN ID
    Ziz528

I've played GT5 extensively at a friends, and it defo uses X for throttle It's alright, except apparently its very tedious trying to unlock cars etc etc...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    TheBlackCarlo

Standard controls for me, so R2/L2 with standard sensitivity... sometimes I even pull sideshifts accidentally, so no real problems in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkuzan View Post
    I played a lot of NFS....last time i checked GT5 was analog for throttle? i dont have it so im not sure past the demo...if anyone has it, is it any good?
    GT5 uses analog or X for throttle.
    It's a standard Gran Turismo, so no real innovations and qualifications are gone, but it's pretty enjoyable, especially with the online events that change every month (I think).

PSN ID
    Aeralys

L2 and R2 for me. I tried L1/R1 before but it just felt uncomfortable. Bought a pair of those "Real Triggers" to clip on my dualshock to see if they could help me airbrake more accurately, though I haven't been playing enough recently to test them out. Anybody else got these and find them useful?

PSN ID
    Ziz528

These settings are frustrating me, and probably the cause of why I'm fairly bad at HD whereas I'm much better on Pure... Must get these settings right. Then I'm off. At least I hope

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Quote Originally Posted by Aeralys View Post
    Bought a pair of those "Real Triggers" to clip on my dualshock to see if they could help me airbrake more accurately, though I haven't been playing enough recently to test them out. Anybody else got these and find them useful?
    Yes, I bought a pair of those a while back, but they felt really weird and uncomfortable. I ditched them after a couple of hours.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Quote Originally Posted by Aeralys View Post
    Bought a pair of those "Real Triggers" to clip on my dualshock to see if they could help me airbrake more accurately, though I haven't been playing enough recently to test them out. Anybody else got these?
    Yes, I bought a pair of those a while back, but they felt really weird and uncomfortable. I ditched them after a couple of hours.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    GranpireV

I've always used digital triggers for Wipeout Pulse, so when I moved over to Wipeout HD, it only felt natural to use the L1 and R1 triggers.

With the floaty physics of Wipeout, I'd rather not mess around with the large range of the analogue triggers. With L1 and R1, I know what I'm getting, every time.

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Actually, the L1 and R1 in HD are also analogue. Which is why I'm considering setting sensitivity to 10%...

PSN ID
    Whizawk

I mainly use L2, R2. I can't really play well with L1 & R1 because it feels a bit weird and uncomfortable on my hands.

This is how I play:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Malton (between Brampton and Mississauga. Literally) ,Ontario,Canada
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

I'm soooooooooooo diferent! I use square and circle for airbrakes. It alows me to "ag-drift." Something I made up...

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Quote Originally Posted by Whizzer-Hawk View Post
    I mainly use L2, R2. I can't really play well with L1 & R1 because it feels a bit weird and uncomfortable on my hands.

This is how I play:
    Claw? I can see the advantages for CoD and stuff, since you can go prone etc etc, but wipeout? Ok, maybe for absorbing, but I can do that without letting off the thrust... Interesting anyhow.

...And what does Triangle do again?

I've just started using L1 & R1!.. It's twistin ma melon!

PSN ID
    Whizawk

Quote Originally Posted by trackripper View Post
    Claw? I can see the advantages for CoD and stuff, since you can go prone etc etc, but wipeout? Ok, maybe for absorbing, but I can do that without letting off the thrust... Interesting anyhow.

...And what does Triangle do again?
    My index finger on my right hand operates triangle and circle and my thumb operates X and Square while my middle finger operates R2 & R1. I know triangle has is the camera, I just forgot to put my finger on circle.

PSN ID
    Ziz528

finally found the right settings today: R1 L1, 10%, its as digital as you can get which, coming from Pure, is a good thing. miss the momentum of Pure and simply swinging your back end out round a corner though :/ but thats off topic lol

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Quote Originally Posted by Whizzer-Hawk View Post

This is how I play:
    i use just 4 fingers, cause of faster inputs and less mistakes caused by confusion.
    left thumb = d-pad
    right thumb = PS buttons (x; square; circle; triangle)
    left finger = L2 (L1= turbo reset)
    right finger = R2 (R1= look back)

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

Been forced to play with L1&R1 as of recent because of my controller, really liking it!