Thread: weapon hit slowdown HELP

Default weapon hit slowdown HELP

I cannot find the thread, but what do people do when they get hit by a weapon? I had read there is a way to slow down less.

PSN ID
    firstdave/Astropulser

Swear usualy .I wasnt aware that there was a swift way out of it.I always thought the stall time depended on which weapon hit you and if it was a multiple hit but i would very much like to know if such an recovery method exists.

Dave.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I usually sideshift over to try and intercept whoever shot me as they try to overtake. The shunt up the arse is usually enough to make a quick recovery

PSN ID
    Ziz528

I sideshift in order to try and gain some momentum, and I sometimes re-hit the thruster, although the latter is probably placebo effect and me thinking that I'll accelerate faster if I re-ignite the burners
    On a different note, if you look behind you when the announcer says "Missile" and wait just before the missile hits and sideshift, you can sometimes evade the missile completely, I've done it accidentally several times already.

ion harvest is offline Banned for sending profane and abusive PM's Rapier Pilot
    PSN ID
    ion_harvest

Turn into it and side shift the opposite way then recorrect.

I call this the "ACE-FLO Special" lol

oh and dont take your finger off the accalarotor

PSN ID
    ion_harvest

Default HD FURY recovery from weapon hits 4 Zonerz ONLY

Thats why i posted this in the pilots lounge forum guys.

NOTE : I cen't take the credit for this, so if it works for you thank the main man ACE-FLO for letting me share this.

copied from a thread it mite get overlooked in.

Well it took me a while to get the hang of the timing issue. I wish I could record it to show you mate. But the way ACE-FLO teached it to me was by telling me not to try it on bombs and mines and to just avoid those as much as I could

He said it was important to have airbrakes at 50% because the ship becomes more sensitive to the input.

This recovery method works on all forward firing weapons including quake.

Here is how I do it.

I time the turn (for arguments sake lets say I turn left) with dpad so by the time I get hit I am facing between 60degrees and 90degrees to the left and just as I get hit I side shift right (opposite way to the way I turned on dpad) this will keep the momentum of the ship going strait down the track even though you are turned left (Ace calls this the AG-Drift). It will slow you down a fraction as you get hit but the side shift will pull your ship in the direction you want to go and not into a wall. Once you done this alll yu have to do now is straiten up.

It does take a few goes to get the hang of it but you will really like this move when you get the hang of it. I am guessing that it will make this game a lot more playable for people who have given up on it because of the hate for weapons slowing you down.

try it single races in racebox first though. If you learn this in rapier or flash its easier to do it that way becasue then you will know the timing for phantom better.

(I hope I made sense)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Default Moderator Message

The above post didn't deserve a new thread in the wrong forum section. It's already been posted elsewhere, including this particularly relevant thread created just a few weeks ago for this specific topic.

So threads are merged.

PSN ID
    ion_harvest

sorry. feel so stupid man. i just wanted to help.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I believe the OP was asking what people do *after* they've been hit by a missile (or 'weapon', as he appropriately terms it), not what they do to avoid it.

I cut thrusters and try to reignite them repeatedly, in very quick fashion. I may not be doing it the best way.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

The method ion posted isn't about evading weapons. It's about generally recovering as quickly as possible when inevitably getting hit by them. The post I merged in here is the fullest answer to the question the OP was asking, and now it's in the most relevant place too.

ion - I'm sure it will help people. It's just more helpful if it's in the most obvious place that people will look for it, which is here. Question for you though - what ship do you usually use? I kind of feel like this doesn't work as well if you're not in an AG-S type ship with high thrust, but at the same time, I only race Phantom and haven't tried this extensively.

PSN ID
    ion_harvest

used to use feisar but now its icaras and mirage. All fury mate. thx for the merging you are wise for doing it mate i still use feisar on phantom.

PSN ID
    Whizawk

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    I usually sideshift over to try and intercept whoever shot me as they try to overtake. The shunt up the arse is usually enough to make a quick recovery
    I concur.

PSN ID
    M1zw1z

I suck it up and dont use icaras