Thread: Internal view - visual glitch while absorbing.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool Internal view - visual glitch while absorbing.

Last week (when I was finally getting back into HD) an odd visual glitch started happening each time I absorbed during graces. It's as though the absorb time is slowed down drastically. This results in the entire internal view being blurred (somewhat like those drunk driving ads where they stack the empty wine glasses together...) for a long period. During which time I get motion sick, (never have before with internal view).

I thought I heard something about this way, way back, but a search didn't bring anything up. Anybody else experience this? I've got a video of it which I'll put up.

PSN ID
    jesse9705

not me, when i absorb though i look behind in internal view and the view is like a kaliedscope, it just reflected like a mirror....

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It's always been a glitch problem for me when using reverse view while playing online.
    I thought it was common knowledge not to use it, just like Voice Chat, which has the same effect.....just kills the game online, if not freezing up your console completely, then needing a hard reset :-

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

This is not while using reverse view, this is during forward view, and is now happening to me during all online racing.
    I've had this happen before but it was only temporary and only happened occasionally during a race.

Is there nothing anybody has done to fix this? I'm certainly not going to change racing view so please, nobody get all smart and say that.

If nothing else I'll have to stay racing in Flash where I can still tell what I'm doing during the absorb.
    Last edited by Medusa; 1st July 2011 at 04:05 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

maybe delete > rebuild database > reinstall

If that doesn't work I'd say there's either a software glitch you couldn't fix without custom firmware, or much less likely, there's a hardware issue. Or something I have absolutely zero knowledge of.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

ick....I hope I don't have to do that...I may try the database rebuild if this doesn't go away in a few days. I've never had it happen constantly like this before so I'm still hoping it might magically vanish.

Anyway, here is the video for anybody who doesn't know what we're talking about:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA1pPEtT_HQ

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

That looks normal to me?

I thought that's exactly what is supposed to happen when you absorb. Are you sure you just haven't changed the ship you normally use and don't like the new animation?

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Cleaning your set might be a good start, looks dirty around the weapon icon placeholder to me. :')

Also, music name please.
    Last edited by mdhay; 1st July 2011 at 05:33 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

I just noticed, I forgot my nephew had hold of my camera the other day...huge smudges. (The crumby TV set is fine.) Anyway, it's not the normal delay, it's about three times longer than normal. Perhaps I should have recorded a phantom race instead, you can tell how bad it is much more - it takes an entire corner to absorb, and the vision is significantly impaired for the entire corner, making it fairly difficult (I want to say impossible but it's not!) to go around a corner cleanly.

Normally, I press absorb, and I'd guess it takes under a second for the absorb. Watch that first absorb - it takes 2 seconds for the visual effect.
    On slow classes it's not a big deal, but on Phantom it makes the game nearly unplayable on tracks other than Moa or Anulpha.

(And yes I am using a different ship, but was using Qirex before this began happening. It only delays like this when playing online.)

Music: See here: http://dj.jaysikyu.com/
    Thanks YuSik
    Last edited by Medusa; 1st July 2011 at 05:40 PM.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Ooh, he has more! Cheers.

Erm, one thing I can suggest is reinstall the game/ delete the data from the Game Data folder. Not your saves though, don't go doing that.

It's been mentioned before, but it's all I can think of. I'd also go asking on the official Playstation forums, because you never know.

PSN ID
    Reezellthia

Suggesting to rebuild a database (whats that even mean in the context of PS3?) for something like this seems absurd to me.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

IIRC, it moves the files around on the disk so if there is bad/corrupted data (which is pretty much the only possible issue here), it will be avoided. I suggested a solution which, assuming it is a problem with game data, should cover all bases short of a reformat or entire disk replacement. It's not like she can go into the options and mess with the graphics settings or change any files. Assuming of course, that this problem isn't just her imagination ;p

How could it be absurd when you didn't even know what it is?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Database rebuild did the trick. Thank goodness I didn't have to do a reinstall.

(And no, it's not my imagination. Anyone who races internal view all the time and has ever had this happen knows the difference. Also, just to clarify, the absorb animation and firing animations do not change when the ship is changed. Neither do they change according to speed class. Just to make that extra clear. )