View Poll Results: Enjoy Modesto Heights?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Modesto Heights is mai waifu <3

12 16.67%
  • Eh? Modesto Heights is a cool track, man!

34 47.22%
  • Meh. I've raced worse tracks.

13 18.06%
  • MY HATRED FOR MODESTO HEIGHTS GOES HYPERSONIC!!!!

13 18.06%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much do you enjoy racing at Modesto Heights?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TakatsukiYayoi

Default How much do you enjoy racing at Modesto Heights?

^^ topic

For me, I hate it.

Forwards version... I expected to go flying off the bridge and trying to do a barrel roll... but guess what? MAG STRIP! And don't get me started on those chicanes. I get eliminated like 70% of the time in Phantom-class races because of that! And those 90 degree curves? No! Just no! Manor Top was the only track that could pull off 90 degree turns right!

Ah, this track is so frustrating. I can't imagine how bad it must've been for you guys to race at Citta Nuova in Pure...

Timezone
    GMT -5

ModR is my favorite track ever. Forward is almost as good, but I love them both.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I'm a big fan of Modesto, like all of the fury tracks. I'm much better at reverse than forward because the hairpin is easier to prepare for. I've worked out a nice approach for taking the sharp turns like butter. The boost-barrel roll spot on Modesto R is really cool too because it's so fast.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

I like Mod F a lot. Mod R... not so much. It's quite a hard track to get to grips with, but very rewarding when you succeed.

Since I have no idea what "mai waifu" means, I vote 'Cool'.
    Last edited by mic-dk; 24th June 2011 at 10:54 AM. Reason: confuzzled again! Now I got fwd/rev down! :dizzy:

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

I think it's supposed to mean "my wife". But with a Japanese accent. Mai waifu.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Ah. Thanks. My lolspeak skillz are lacking it seems

Still, Modesto Heights is cool, but I wouldn't want to marry it!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Heheh me neither, I'm not really into having a wife.

Regarding Modesto, I liked it a lot in Pure. It's not my favourite in HD since I find it very difficult to see the track for the most part (internal view + very blue tracks = blinding...)

So I went with Meh I've raced worse (Outpost I'm looking at you)

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Cool track on every mode, loads of speed / zone pads and weapon pads so it's always a blast. I sometimes struggle on MH Rev for Elims though, as the weapon pads are off the normal racing line so can be tricky to hit at speed, particularly on phantom.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

I say....
    I've raced worse. Up to today,I've still yet to master Outpost 7...in the ship that has the best handling.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FlintFandango or RennFlint or Flint Fandango (PS4)

There were worse tracks in PurE and Pulse, such as utpst 7, Blue Ridge or that damn Citta Nuova...
    I don´t really hate Modesto Heights, it´s more like turning a blind eye to this track.
    Sometimes, I return to the tracks I don´t like and try to have a go there, but it always ends in ping-pong and explosions.
    To sum up, I´d like to say that Modesto sucks in a way that´s not comparable with hate but very close to nerve-racking.
    Last edited by Flint Fandango; 24th June 2011 at 06:39 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    TheBlackCarlo

It's a cool track, but with the elite AI it's a pain, I always get distracted and mess up the chicane part.

i used to hate modesto, now ive grown to tolerate and eventually like it.
    i prefer forward though as it seems easier to do that corner in one smooth motion. at least i think its forward? the one with the jump at the end

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I don't hate this track...I detest it!
    If I could delete it I would.
    I can cope with the PULSE version of it no problem....but the HDified version.....get the bastard who designed that and let me have a shot at them.

A nasty, vile, piece of my favorite racing game that I avoid with all the dignity I can muster.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

I picked "i raced worse", but I must admit it's one of the tracks I'm avoiding most of the times. Especially the forward one, soo hard to get the flow. But wth tons of practice & bok's racing lines deep analysis, I should improve, eventually

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Surprised at the amount of people preferring the reverse. I really like the fwd variant, but the rev is comparatively a chore with limited BR opportunities (and the ones that are there are nearly all very hard to do), and the two major turns are much harder to take. That first corner on the reverse version is a BITCH in speed lap, no matter what speed class.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Heh, I couldn't remember which was which, and now you made med doubt. Youtube confirms that it is Forward I like the best. I have again updated my post

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Interlewd573

I hate the Reverse version of Modesto so much. The chicanes are an absolute bitch to get a good racing line through, and there's so many other things about it that bug me. The Forward is better, but it's still one of the tracks I avoid when I can.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MiguelSkywalker

You know? Most people get the 99 laps in Speed Lap mode trophy by jamming the thrust button and activating pilot assist.
    I'm sure I'll have to get it playing Modesto Heights until my eyes bleed to nail the damn track once and for all.
    I still think it is a pretty cool track.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Rennfisch / dieBeulenpest

Modesto is one of my least favorite tracks, but there's a track I hate even more. Therefore I ignore it if I can.
    In Pure it's ok but in HD... .

PSN ID
    Ziz528

I was really quite good at Modesto in Pure, so imagine my confusion when I didn't recognise any of it due to the reversed aspects of it. I have yet to play it forwards in the Campaign or online...