Thread: Airbrakes settings

Default Airbrakes settings

I've had Wipeout HD and Fury since they first came out, and I've completed the HD campaign (all golds, about 25% elite 40% skilled and the rest novice).

I've been using airbrakes on L2 and R2 at 100% sensitivity, which gives me complete control over each side's airbrakes.

I've recently swapped them to L1 and R1, as I've never (ever ever) used sideshift, and I wish to learn to use it properly to better my zones and time-trials, and it's easier to sideshift with those buttons.

Thing is, the L1 and R1 buttons don't have as much movement range, and I'm nearly always pressing them fully anyway. Is it better to change my airbrake sensitivity to 10% in the options (practically digital) or leave it at 100% ?

What buttons/sensitivity settings do you swear by for your best times/zones?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

I tried both extremities for airbrake settings (10% & 100%) i don't see a really noticeable difference for sideshift use (on R1, L1), so i stay at 50% of sensibility
    Last edited by leungbok; 23rd June 2011 at 02:02 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

I'm with leungbok as my airbrakes are also at 50%.

I guess testing and practice is key, but I'll go straight to 50% in that case and see how I fare.

Cheers!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Yeah, I'd remap to L1R1 and start at 70%, see how you go, things can get a bit too twichey at 50%, well for me personally, it's all personal preferences and what works for you.
    Be aware that if you do drop air brake sensitivity below 50%, it can lower the percentage of the successful ability to side shift.

Really? I'd have thought making the airbrakes act digital (fully on or off) would make sideshifting easier, as two quick taps of the button should work? I was under the impression I'd have to press the airbrake harder twice at 100% sensitivity?
    Shows how much I know I've lurked for quite a while before registering and I recognise your three usernames as knowing your stuff, so I'll listen and race accordingly
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 24th June 2011 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Quote removed