Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: INTRODUCTIONS - New pilots start here

Timezone
    GMT -6

Pilots, Racers, and Team Managers, alike, I am Arch, short for Archibald. I was cast into the year 2116 with my friends due to a freak accident with my singularity generator. It was at the time of the F7200 Racing League pre-season. Where the owner of the FEISAR team, Vincent De Blanc, was in jeopardy of retaining the team's standings. The league committee, was threatening to pull the plug on FEISAR, so I decided to pitch in, and race for them. Currently, I'm undergoing simulated training and practice. I can't wait to pull the team out of the hole!

And, that's my fursona, I was Role-Playing as. I'm Nicholas Manuel, and I'm the author of Total Wip3out, an interactive fanfiction. Aside from that, I'm also a freelance composer. I'm thinking about making my own music for the race footage I capture. I use Music Creator 6, not as good as FL Studio, but it was all I could afford.

The raw footage has some imperfections, but that's what Vegas Pro is for, cropping and adding music to my game footage.

By the way, my copy of Wip3out died on me a long time ago. So, I'm using an ISO of Wip3out Special Edition I downloaded.

I hope you welcome me with open arms.
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 2nd September 2012 at 03:57 PM.

Oh wow, I first registered here over 10 years ago and the account still works.

Well, it's been about that long since I've played a Wipeout game, so it might be prudent to re-introduce myself. I love arcade-style racing games and I've especially been playing Ridge Racer Turbo with the neGcon. I've been focusing on time attacking (in fact, I have a forum dedicated to arcade-style racing games and time attacking them, I would love to see you people there, but I don't want to spam) the few tracks in the game, and I'm so in love with the neGcon I thought I should try the controller with the series the controller is so closely associated with. So I went and ordered WipeOut XL, which should be arriving shortly. I hope that's a good place to start, I'm not that interested in racing against the AI, time attacking is where it's at for me.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    fab0810

Hi all pilotes. I forgot to introduce myself when I registered on wipeout zone.I rectify the matter.
    I'm a fan of wipeout since wipe3out on ps1, the game had me stuck squarely, too fast, too good, too technical and too fast!
    I have the virus since: wipeout 2097 (well but I prefer 3) Wipeout Fusion (nice circuits but special steering ) and wipeout hdfury (the top but less beautiful circuits).
    Historically I ride with assegai, now with ag-system or yellow gotecki'45 for photos!
    is the chance that has done me community wipeout find on the net (I was looking for a way to lifting the last trophy bling brigad ).
    I'm glad to have found wipeout wipeout zone and arena, I believed to be alone, my friends have never hooked to the concept of wipeout, I do not understand them elsewhere!
    I play quite often at this time in order to get better and beat the best but it is not that, I sometimes feel like reaching my limits!
    Here, otherwise I love music (rock, metal, punk), travel, sports, nature, party, and many more!
    and of course racing at high speed without gravity!
    See you soon

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Welcome to the Zone fab and FEISAR_ARCH. And welcome back Ghegs, I'm amazed you remembered your password

PSN ID
    hoooof

Alright Wipeouters. I'm new to Wipeout - HD/Fury is the first one I've ever played. I started at the beginning of 2012 and still have the 4 main gold trophies left. There are 3 Elite races I can't do - Phantom Tournament, Phantom Chenghou race and Rapier Sol 2 time trial. Not sure why this last one is proving such a problem - I can do barrel rolls in 3 places, but half the time with each one I fail. I'm loving Zone mode. It's a great idea and I haven't seen anything like it in any other game. I can get to about zone 65 on Syncopia easily, though I then seem to get the jitters and start bouncing all over the shop.

HD/Fury is the best racing game I've ever played. Particularly like the precision controls, superb attention to detail, proper level of skill required, lack of silly stuff like unlockable ships and cutscenes, wide variety of modes and extremely challenging online competitors and leaderboards.

Enjoying reading the posts on this forum. It's good that people here love Wipeout rather than love whinging.

Hope you see you online sometime. Forgive me for not being very good.

PSN ID

Nice intro Hoooof, welcome to the site. I hope these are of some help:

Rapier Time Trial at Sol 2 (about 2:05) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Moi_EvxjXOk
    Phantom Tournament (again at about 2:05) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpLRm5kgleM
    Phantom Single Race at Chenghou (at about 4:20) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBKJj1cfxgk

Hi there c: I started playing the original Wipeout as a kid, Bought Pure and Pulse for the PSP and I've recently rediscovered the games, so to speak. I started to check out wipeout related stuff online and I ended up here and it seems to be an interesting and decent community so yeah, I decided to join ^^;

PSN ID

Hi there Boorargh, welcome to the Zone. I think most of us just stumbled in here when Googling Wipeout stuff so you're not alone

Edit: Open letter to existing members - ten seconds and four words required to welcome new members to the site, such little effort for something that's essential to our community. Can we please up our game a bit on this? Cheers.
    Last edited by Colonel; 18th September 2012 at 05:45 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Azurooth

Welcome to the zone Boorargh

Hey, thanks guys ^^

PSN ID
    LightningRacer

Greetings and good evening everyone!

My name is Mark (aka LightningRacer on PSN), and my time of lurking these forums are over, I finally got my behind in gear and got my account activated, and I'm very excited about joining this fine community.

Many of you may have seen me online on Wipeout HD, I tend to stick to Single Race lobbies at either Rapier or Phantom class, but I will play the odd Elimination round if there is nothing else going down.

I've been a massive fan of the Wipeout series ever since my Dad introduced me to the first one back in 1998 (When I was only 6 years old), and ever since I've been hooked on the awesome games that are Wipeout, although admittedly I completely bypassed the titles released on the PSP since I'm not the biggest fan of it and never bought one, so all the tracks in HD were completely new to me

I may also be one of the few people on these forums that think Wipeout Fusion is an amazing game, I know it has received quite a lot of criticism over the years but I have invested an ungodly amount of hours into that game, which considering it is a purely offline game, is quite amazing (I don't even want to consider what it would have been like if it had online multiplayer capabilities!!!)

Anyway, I came here primarily for the chance to make some friends that are active on Wipeout HD, I only have one or two on my friends list currently and I know I encounter a few people quite often and was wondering if they were on these forums, as they all provide some stiff competition and enjoy racing each and every one of you , but I'm more than happy to meet people who are just as eager to play the game as I am!!

I recently purchased a Hauppauge HDPVR, which I've been testing on my Playstation 3. Thus, if you have been in my lobbies as of late it is more than likely I have our races recorded, but maybe not uploaded. However, I'd be more than willing to record and upload any races that you would like, simply hit me up with a message on PSN and ask me, it's really no trouble at all!

If you'd like to check out my YouTube channel, it can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Downing125

I'd be willing to accept anyone both on YouTube and PSN as friends, and if you add me or sub me please send me a message and I'll return the favours straight away.

Finally, may I say I'm glad to be here and I eagerly await meeting both old opponents and new friends!

tl;dr - I'm new, hi.

Mark.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Guys, welcome to the board and we don`t bite but please check the rules and you will get addicted!

Lighting, you say, you don`t have PSP, right?

stevie

PSN ID
    LightningRacer

Nawww, no PSP here, I bought a Nintendo DS instead (I also got a 3DS instead of a Vita, but I'm sorta regretting the decision, as I barely play it and I know I'd play the Vita because the newest wipeout game looks pretty awesome!!)

Mark

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Welcome to the site!

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Lighting!, whaaat!, no PSP or Vita but more importantly PSP, you gotta play Pure!, best game ever!!, everybody can verified it! If you get Vita?, get pure!

stevie

PSN ID
    LightningRacer

Thanks for the welcomes you two!

@Stevie, ohhh, Vita can play PSP games? Maybe I know what I want for Christmas already...

Mark

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Vita can play with Pure, Pulse and Original WipEout and of course 2048!

stevie

PSN ID
    LightningRacer

Wow it plays original wipeout too? :O

Eh, I bought the original wipeout on the PSN store, also have a wipeout 2097 disc and a wip3out disc, although wip3out keeps crashing when I try and play it in my PS3 which is quite annoying :@

Mark

PSN ID

Hey there Mark, welcome to the Zone. Another Prestonian eh, there are 3 of us now! I'll add you with my Erik_Ponti account, I use it quite a bit these days (Gaddafi friends list's full sadly).

PSN ID
    LightningRacer

Cheers, nice to meet you!

Thanks for the add, I'll add you tomorrow as I won't be back on PS3 tonight.