Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: INTRODUCTIONS - New pilots start here

Timezone
    GMT -5

Hello, my name is Lloyd and my PSN ID is Lioyd2k4. Wipeout HD is my first Wipeout title, and I have to say it's one of the best racing games I've ever played. I recently finished off Elite Campaign Legend in the original HD Campaign mode. My experience racing is solely on vanilla tracks going forward; I have not had much time to try out reverse mode tracks and Fury tracks, so if I'm slacking online on these, I'm sorry for my lack of experience. :'(

Recently I started the Fury Campaign, and I'm having a lot of trouble beating the Elite AI on Zone Battle. Why does it seem like they accumulate zone boost and zone levels faster than is possible according to how many boost pads are on the zone track? It seems like it's either bugged or I'm just missing something very obvious on how to win.

Thanks and hope to race some people online. I love Wipeout HD!

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Hi Lloyd, welcome to the Zone. You'll get there with Zone Battle, it just takes some practice. Try to make sure your Zone bar is full before boosting (a pretty obvious tip but worth saying nonetheless).

I'm doing some (Elite) Fury Campaign Legend videos at the moment, they should be up on my YT channel in the next couple of weeks

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Archon473

Focusing only on a few tracks is best when learning this game. It was nearly two months before I touched any track in reverse, and it was even longer before I raced the Fury tracks. Also, once you get used to the faster speed classes and even if you prefer them, don't neglect learning new tracks on the slower speed classes. In fact, make sure to race familiar tracks on the slow classes from time to time.

Hey all,

I don't think I've introduced myself yet. I'm Phil, 20 years old from Bristol, UK. Currently in my second year at University.

I'm a fan of Wipeout, but I play the older games:
    Wipeout 1
    Wipeout 2097
    Wipeout 3 Special Edition
    Wipeout 64
    Wipeout Pure
    Wipeout Pulse

Out of all of these, I play Pure the most, but I think 2097 is the best (I only got it recently). My team loyalty depends on what game I'm playing! However, I tend to gravitate towards AG Systems.

I don't have a PS3. It was a toss up between Forza and Wipeout, and Wipeout lost I have a 360. Unfortunately apart from Quantum Redshift, which I can play via backwards compatability, there seems to be no equivalent to Wipeout on the Xbox

Anyway, it seems like you have a great community here

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

hello the Flint Fandango killercrusher232 Azurooth i play the you wipeout lot of fast racers good fite all the time

I play soon today.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FlintFandango or RennFlint or Flint Fandango (PS4)

Smile

Thank you mate, you´re a great pilot too! Much appreciated!
    I stay at Venom/Flash class, as a matter of principle, somehow.
    But if you like to race those slower classes, you can count on me!

Timezone
    GMT -6

I played the original Wipeout but not much. I picked up WipeoutHD when PS+ had it free with fury content. I played it for a while and lost interest. However I recently started playing again and couldn't put it down. I finished the whole campaign on elite, the tourny in meltdown about made me flip my lid.
    Went straight to the fury and finished it as well. One more trophy to go and, you know it has to be Bling brigade.
    Ran across this place and thought I might pick up a few tips and tricks etc. if I decide to move on to another WO game.

PSN ID

Hi there Bendozaa, welcome to the Zone

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Azurooth

Welcome to the zone.

PSN ID
    Cynthira

Default Greetings

Hello everyone!

I've been told to present myself in this area.
    I am 19 years old/young and from (guess what?) Switzerland. A friend of mine told me about Wipeout and sent me several videos. After some time I wanted to play the game myself and here I am now xD
    This friend of mine also recommended this forum and since i'm no longer a complete beginner, i descided to join.
    She told me some techniques and helped me out when I was totally desperate about the game xD but there's still a long way to go.

I own "Wipueout Fury HD", which is the only game I've ever played out of this series.

Cynthira

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Good to have you on board

PSN ID

Hi Cynthira, welcome to the Zone. If you're only going to own one Wipeout, HD Fury's an excellent choice (but that's just my opinion )

Timezone
    GMT + 1

No doubt Wipeout HD is an excellent choice; many of us are agree.
    Oh, and welcome Cynthira. Enjoy your stay. ^^

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Liod19

Welcome to Wipeoutzone, my friend Glad you made it here.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Rennfisch / dieBeulenpest

Hi and welcome to the Zone.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Solid_Snake_NZ

Hi everyone joined earlier this month. I primarily play Zone Mode, always been my favorite since WP Pure. Played Mallavol to death lol, Zone 123 my best, had 61 on WP Pure. Add me on PSN- Solid_Snake_NZ

Hi Solid and welcome to the Zone. Hope you enjoy your flight(s) around here.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Hi Solid and Welcome to the board. Nice scores for Zone mode!! seriously impressive!

Mine is stin_wz

stevie

PSN ID

Welcome Solid. Nice ZB session earlier, I can attest that you are indeed very good at Mallavol

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Solid_Snake_NZ

I had an intense game with Ryuga, beat him 55-54 one race. he #2 on leaderboard for mallavol. we have had 4 zone battles on mallavol, won 2 each