Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: INTRODUCTIONS - New pilots start here

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Azurooth

Glad you came back Azuro so we got the chance to race together. =)

PSN ID
    novide

Quote Originally Posted by Azuro84 View Post
    I just started to play Wipeout HD again, maybe some of you remember me as LaiN-85. Hope to meet some nice people to play with!
    welcome back good to see, the superfast austrian is back

Timezone
    GMT -5

I played the first Wipeout back in the day on PS1, and got out of gaming for about 10+ years. Picked up a PS3 in 2007, and bought Wipeout HD the first day it was released on PSN.

It is amazing that a game that has been out for for nearly four years has still held my attention.

I started a new PSN account and have been playing this game a lot lately. Just turned off the assists and am re-discovering this game all over again. I love it.

Just wish that more people gave this game a chance. Seems like I am the only person on Friend List that plays it. I am so happy to find this website.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuro84 View Post
    I just started to play Wipeout HD again, maybe some of you remember me as LaiN-85. Hope to meet some nice people to play with!
    What's up man? I remember playing you the last few nights. Good games, good times.
    Last edited by BrutalizedStigma; 22nd October 2011 at 12:43 AM.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Welcome to the Zone dude. And don't worry, you'll see your friends list change quite quickly if you stick around

PSN ID
    Zantetcamsuken.

Hi there, been playing this game since the first release as Sputnik303, and the moved on to another account, zantetcamsuken. I think I may be the only person that bought the game on disc too, before the plus giveaway. Hope to see you all on the track sometime! xD

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Azurooth

Welcome Zant! Btw, bought the game on disc 09 also.

PSN ID
    admr112

Hello peoples.

I think I used to play Wipeout on the original PSone quite a while ago. Although, considering how many PSone games there were, remembering which one it was is the hard part. I didn't get any of the PS2 games though, since I didn't hear of them. I did, however, get Pure for the PSP which I used to have. It was quite fun.

Fast forward a couple of years later, when the PSN was going back up. Since Wipeout HD and Fury was one of the games available for free, I decided 'why not' and went to download them. I never regretted that desicion since then. So far, I've gotten all the Fury gold medals and I'm still trying to get the HD gold medals. My favourite mode would be either Eliminator or Zone (Both variants). The teams I use are Feisar (my standard racing craft for all competitive racing activity) and Icarus (for speed racing activities, i.e. Speed Lap, Time Attack).

I also see the original is available on PSN, so I hope to one day get that

PSN ID

Hi there beatracer, nice intro by the way

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    D_1998_BR

Talking

Hey everybody! I'm D_1998_BR and I'm not so new on the WipEout series...
    Started playing WipEout 64 (i was just a kid,i don't remember which track or which ship i used to play with).
    Bought a PS2 and got WipEout Pulse for it,but still didn't complete,as time advances i got a PS3 and got WipEout HD from the Welcome Back package

As ever,WipEout HD really got into me,for now I'm the best brazilian player in the game (I think,since I don't know a brazilian player that beats me...for now...rodex10 is quite close to,but he screws up a bit on some tracks and gives me 2 more secs gap most of the times.).

Level 33,Master III and rising,used to have all HD skins and half of the Fury skins,but my WipEout data went corrupted and i lost everything...

Started just like everyone,a wall-riding noob,but learned quite fast (thanks to JFthebestJan and P_Denton) the game's tricks and tips.I Transcended before getting Data Corrupted,so now i'm a level 5 in the PSN.

That's all you have to know from me for now.Feel free to add me on PSN: D_1998_BR

~D~

EDIT: Level 37,Elite II for now.
    Last edited by D_1998_BR; 17th November 2011 at 10:51 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Sure took some time to get verified, a whole week actually.
    Anyways, I've been a fan of series ever since I've played, yep all two of them. Pure has been my first WO game and I thoroughly enjoy it, up until the AI left me in the dust, and after the whole PSN fiasco I got HD for free and I haven't regretted my decision since.

As for teams, the two that I usually stick with is AG Systems and Harimau if things start getting rough with the elite AI, and as for my piloting skills, well let's just say I'm an okay competitor, I can get perfect laps here and there but I think my greatest weakness is that I rarely use barrel rolls since the AI tends to bombard me after it and I almost never use sideshifts since if I do it will throw off my handling and get me a bit disoriented.

Well that's about it when it comes to WO, so I hope I'll enjoy my stay even though it's kind of dead in here.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Myth, it took me less than 12 hours, guess the admins or mods just like me better!

I started out playing Wipeout 64, played the life out of it really, and then played Fusion when I found it. Didn't have as much time with Fusion.

I just found out about Wipeout HD less than a month ago, and I was stoked, I had feared that the series was dead. I've been playing as Auricom mostly, Assegai here and there. I ran an eliminator race with Feisar because I used to rock with it on 64, they're so slow and have decent shields, so you can sit right behind the pack and hammer them. I was surprised because the HD Feisar doesn't suck like it used to.

It's still slower than most, but it isn't so crushingly weak in the speed department.

Anyway I'm still getting my anti-gravity racing legs back, honestly I'm still using pilot assist, thinking I'll probably get the feel of the tracks and ships much faster if I turn it off.

I've got the same name on PSN, if anyone wants to add me, do it up!

PSN ID
    Killercrusher232

Hello fellow pilots! I am Crusher, I mainly stick to Motorstorm and high contact racing games (Destruction Derby FTW) but WipEout is still quite high on my racing agenda. I used Assegai Dev. to win all the original and fury races in HD but I have moved to Feisar for the elite difficulty, I also like AG-Systems' paintjob the most out of the ships on offer. I am a very fast racer, against many experienced players I can still hold my weight (My mate wins all of our races but I still get the fastest laps!).

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Nice!, Welcome to the board and hope you will enjoy Wipeouts

Crusher, yeah, I do play MSPC and MSA, pretty addictive game!

Ok, enjoy guys.

stevie

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Default hello my name Khalid

[Sorry my English for not very good]Hello my name Khalid. I come for the Kingdom Saudi Arabi. My home Riyadh. I play wipeout long times. I play more than the one year already. I play the offline lot of. Not have internet for home. I have 2 ps3. 1 for 120gb 1 for 250gb.

Now I study for university college I have onlines I play lot of onlines. I play first time onlines the September 2011. the online for very differents offline. Lot of good players for for online. I like for play only the wipeout.

Some my friend here the wipeoutzones. Thank you for good plays friends. Lots of good fite you crash me i crash you bom mine bom rocket BOOOM hahahaha very good fun plays.

I make good time the onlines. I for have 1 number one record for online but no showing the times for breaking. my record the metropia reverse flash online. My time the 1:47:43 very happy I make with 5 turbo 9 barrel roll.

I make for best time like this.

lap1. i get the first wepons it turbo. i use turbo make br strait line and for in roundabout i make also BR. i get turbo i use the for turbo make br lap one finish.

lap 2. I make br the roundabout normal. i get turbo i use the turbo make br finish lap.

lap3 same lap 2

lap4 same the lap 2 and for lap 3

9 br flash no hit by the wepon for hit me I finish 1:47:43

I make for number 3 world tech ra reverse flash online 2:00:73
    I make for number 6 world amphisum forward online 2:24:56

Time not shows. Breaking when for fixing please?

I have youtube www.youtube.com/user/terrawrists i make video soon. I have good video my country drifting. it for make very crazy driving. you like it.

My psn TERRA-WRISTS <- this name good but some not like. I think funny name what you think?

Khalid

PSN ID

Hi Khalid, welcome. Don't know if the leaderboards will ever be fixed but there is a rankings website where you can upload your times - www.wipeoutrankings.com

Some people don't like my PSN name either, I wouldn't worry about it

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

I like you name Colonel__Gaddafi friend I make checking the site for record. Thank you

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FlintFandango or RennFlint or Flint Fandango (PS4)

Hi and a warm welcome, terra-wrists! Cool name indeed!
    Maybe we´ll meet online someday...I´m looking forward to it...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Azurooth

Hey Terra, i've raced with you a couple of times and you are very good. Like the name. Welcome to the zone!

PSN ID
    Killercrusher232

Quote Originally Posted by terra-wrists View Post
    My psn TERRA-WRISTS <- this name good but some not like. I think funny name what you think?
    Barrel rolling lots of times usually kills my wrists. Nice to hear that yours are ok

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FlintFandango or RennFlint or Flint Fandango (PS4)

Quote Originally Posted by terra-wrists View Post
    I have 2 ps3. 1 for 120gb 1 for 250gb.
    I bet Bom goes Boooom about this!

(no offence mate!)
    Last edited by Flint Fandango; 12th December 2011 at 07:38 PM.