Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: INTRODUCTIONS - New pilots start here

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    GranpireV

Hi, I'm Granpire Viking Man, but you could call me GVM or Granpire if you like.

I was introduced to Wipeout with Pure, then Pulse. I liked Pure, but it was Pulse that really got me devoted to the series. I spent hours trying to beat each grid on the hardest difficulty, and Zone mode was a big new feature for me.

So I guess you could say I'm not a newcomer to the Wipeout series, but I only just got HD with the Welcome Back package. I carried over all my experience and love for the series though, and I'm proud to say I have the Elite Campaign Legend trophy. I'm still struggling with beat Zico, and I have to sharpen my Zone skills.

Strong spelling and grammar are important to me, and I hope to contribute to the community in the future.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

I do like somebody who places emphasis on spelling and grammar! Welcome GVM

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Strong spelling and grammar are important to me, and I hope to contribute to the community in the future.
    Thank goodness, there are more coming here! Welcome. I look forward to reading more of your grammatically correct posts in future. See you online!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    GranpireV

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

How does the Wipeout HD cup work? When does it start? Is it still going on?

PSN ID
    Ziz528

It's down to the semi-final's now I think, you'll have to wait for the next one to join in.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    GranpireV

Ah, I was trying to find out what the status of the competition was the other day. Where would be a good place to keep up-to-date?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    GranpireV

Ah, I see. The images on that thread!

It's full of great info, but it's hard to track down what I really want to see.

I guess it's almost over? How long does it usually take for the next tournament to start?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

I'm not sure what it is you want to see...there are just three matches left. In the first post there's a link to a separate WOHD Cup website, where individual match results are posted by Cloud.

The "next one" will be whatever event anyone here with the time, resources, and friends list to organize something similar. I'd guess it won't be anything this size again, at least for awhile!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    mechyboy27

Well, I guess I'm the new guy here. Playing this game for a few days, I believe this game should have class races, have all four speed classes race together to see who's the best in class. That would be awesome.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Pick me I'm new! Can't get my PS3 online at the moment though...bummer
    Hope I can get on soon for some racin!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Default Introducing myself

Well, in my case I'd not be tagged as a "New pilot" since I've been playing the Wipeout series for over three years , but I think I should say "hi" as a newcomer member I am in this community.

I was introduced to this series with Wipeout 3 when my father bought the game a load of years ago. Until 2009, I'd not play any of the Wipeout series until I've known Wipeout HD (Wipeout Fusion didn't take my atention and I don't have a PSP, just letting you know ); from that day I've been playing it until today and I'm still on it.

You'll see my English is far to be perfect but I always try to speak it as best as I can, and I'll try to contribute to the community for whatever you need.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Welcome Ragsus, glad you finally signed up mate

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    oliver_fighter7 - Olivariox

Hi everybody! my friend morfeo talked to me today about this forum, saying that here are most of good people in Wipeout, so i registered a while ago.
    I am not new in Wipeout HD, in fact i own the game since december 2008, but i am relatively new in Wipeout HD online, as i had only make no more than 30 races until the Welcome Back issue, when i really started playing online this game and when i met morfeo, who helped me a lot in order to improve by teaching me some "tricks" (basically places where turbos should be used).

And now my short story with Wipeout games. Well, ive got just two: Pure and HD. The curious thing is that although i liked Pure, it disappointed me in some way in the end, and i thought i would never play a Wipeout again. Until one boring christmas day i went to psn store and downloaded Wipeout HD demo. I loved it since the first race (mmm what a lovely control with the triggers), did about thirty races that morning and bought it in the afternoon of the same day, being my first buy at store.

I got the platine trophy on summer 2009, and spent over 100 hours playing zone in Anulpha, so addictive game mode. I only focused on Anulpha zone (for a long time i needed to play at least one zone before going to bed) and missed many aspects of the game: online, reverse tracks, fury tracks, zone battle...Thankfully i was lucky in meeting morfeo in a finally non-celebrated wipeout tournament on a spanish forum.

I hope to play with people here and share experiences. Sorry about the brick above never late to practice my bad english, as you will have noticed.

My id is "oliver_fighter7"; i dont like it, but i feel some stupid nostalgy and still use it.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Welcome to the world outside of zone, and welcome to the forum Olivario

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

welcome to the new world oliver

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Barefoot-X

Yo everyone, Name's Luis. I'd write a long story of me being a Wipeout fan since 1999... but i'm waiting to board a plane as i write this, so i'll skip it

Anyhow, a fellow Wipeout HD player told me about this place (wish i could remember who at the moment) so here i am.

My PSN is Barefoot-X if you guys wish to add me. I'm always up for a good eliminator challenge... or get my rear handed to me in races and or zone mode

Well with that out of the way. I'll hope to play with you guys (give me a 2 lap lead if its a race though, you know to make it fare.)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    P_Denton, hyperfluous

Welcome Barefoot. Quite a bloodbath you staged this afternoon (EU time) I'm looking forward to see you on tracks again

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    oliver_fighter7 - Olivariox

Quote Originally Posted by Oryx Crake View Post
    welcome to the new world oliver
    Sounds like i am joining a sect

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Barefoot-X

LOL! Sorry about that. Good game though, you definitely gave me a run for my money there.

Hopefully i'll get to race you again when i get back from my vacation, its not too often that i find players that stick around for more than a couple of rounds