Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: INTRODUCTIONS - New pilots start here

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

It used to be the select button, but it was moved to holding L1 after the 'boost-select-boost' controversy

PSN ID
    andyf53

Default Enter the andyf53!

Hi all, I've been a lurking for quite some while, thought I'd take the opportunity to say hello. I've met many of you on the track, you may have been bemused that someone who spends so much time pinballing from wall to wall keeps coming back for more...
    Started with eliminators, as befits a prole like me, and have decided to embrace racing. Still searching for my craft, the Fury EGX has it at the moment, but we'll see as time passes. I'm looking for people to learn the ropes with, both skilled and learners. Weapons off races seem attractive too - maybe we can organise a loose group for this?
    To my eternal shame, I neglected to think of a cool name for my PSN ID,and, as such, I'm Andy, and my favourite number is 53.
    I look forward to racing with you,
    Regards
    andyf53

PS feel free to add me on the network...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FlintFandango or RennFlint or Flint Fandango (PS4)

Hi there and a warm welcome! Yes, now that you mentioned it, I think we´ve met online before...but I could also be wrong...
    Anyway, enjoy this great forum!

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Hi Andy, glad you decided to stay

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    sycomosh

played with andy for a few hours last night - he's a real cool dude and i can see him improving and being quite good

i should probably write my own introduction since i never could be bothered with all that but... eventually...

PSN ID
    andyf53

Default I'm a cool dude!

I'm a cool dude! Excellent! Cheers Syco Just had a few weapons off races, Flatflasat and Erich were there - very fast. Got left with an empty room very quickly though, this seems to be the case with races more than elims, at first impressions. Sometimes people quit only a few seconds into a race, very frustrating. I think we have met Flint', hope it was everything you hoped for. Thanks for the welcome, Andy

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    PEPEDA

Hiya Andy,welcome to the zone,hope you enjoy your stay here.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Scarlethavoc

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum, but not new to the game. Definitely happy to see the sudden influx of intrest in the game. I decided to run some online races last night (after taking a 5 month break from Wipeout HD,) and I've never seen so many races available at one time. Feel free to friend me, I'm well seasoned in all speed classes. See you guys on the track.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID

Quote Originally Posted by andyf53 View Post
    I think we have met Flint', hope it was everything you hoped for.
    Of course, many thanks! It´s always a pleasure to race WOZ-members and those who come here to join in.

@Scarlethavoc: Welcome!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Rapidkirby3000

Since I never actually introduced myself here, I may as well do so:

Hey folks, this is Rapidkirby3k! =) Back then, I hardly got into the Wipeout series until I played Wipeout 64 for Nintendo 64. Just like Extreme-G, I went from there and became a instant fan of the series.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Nemark

Hi everyone !
    I'm new here, but not new to the Wipeout world. I discovered the game with the demo of one of the first games (don't remember which one) on PSone, I really started with Wipeout Fusion (PS2), I've been playing on Pure and Pulse and just started seriously playing online with Wipeout HD (thanks to the Welcome Back package). I think I've played against some of you already (yes, that's me waaaaaaay behind ). I'm okay on the basic tracks but I really need training on the reverse tracks (Sebenco Climb reverse is my nightmare). I'd love to find players who'd like to play without weapons. Unfortunately nobody seems interested, but I keep trying ! Feel free to add me on the PSN (ID: Nemark ^^) and see you in the game !

(PS: I'm French so... sorry for my potential mistakes)

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Hi Nemark, and welcome. Many people here are fans of weps off races, so you're bound to find somebody to practice against.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID

Hi and welcome Nemark!
    Well, I like "weapons off" races, if you detect me online, feel free to add and/or invite me. I´m infrequently online, but there are many other pilots in this forum who like to do this kind of race.
    The last race (the last one I remember!) of this sort was hosted by slow-train. Which race class do you prefer? If it is phantom, I´m out... But everything below is fine with me!
    See you on the tracks, maybe...

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Default About to give up...

Hey all, seems like there´s an awesome community here

I´m not new to the series; played WipEout PurE, loved it. But here´s the thing, I crash way too often into walls and I don´t understand why. No problems with the airbrakes either, sensitivity set at 10%.

I can´t even come 7th place on a simple track like Modesto Heights rev on Phantom elite ( ¿Any tips?

yours sincerely, a fledgling pilot.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Nemark

Thank you Colonel Gaddafi and Flint Fandango !
    My favourite class is Rapier (and Flash occasionally), I'm not good enough for Phantom...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

Hola que tal, I would suggest maybe upping the sensitivity to 50% or maybe a little higher than 10%... Maybe the extra airbraking sensitivity could be causing overcompensation into turns. Just a thought.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Welcome to the site! I'd recommend that every new person do a search for the threads where members discuss different control input, button setups, etc. It's very helpful no matter how long you've been playing wipeout, as HD has so many different types of settings (full analog vs. nearly digital, trigger airbrakes vs. button, etc.)

Try that! And enjoy the place.

ion harvest is offline Banned for sending profane and abusive PM's Rapier Pilot
    PSN ID
    ion_harvest

Quote Originally Posted by hola_que_tal_97 View Post
    Hey all, seems like there´s an awesome community here

I´m not new to the series; played WipEout PurE, loved it. But here´s the thing, I crash way too often into walls and I don´t understand why. No problems with the airbrakes either, sensitivity set at 10%.

I can´t even come 7th place on a simple track like Modesto Heights rev on Phantom elite ( ¿Any tips?

yours sincerely, a fledgling pilot.
    Airbrakes 50% and accelearation 10% mate. Its the way.

PSN ID
    andyf53

Nemark, I too prefer Rapier and weapons off - I shall seek you on the network if you don't find me first,
    Regards Andy

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by ion harvest View Post
    Airbrakes 50% and accelearation 10% mate. Its the way.
    Thanks, now I´m doing a bit better Oh well, practice makes perfect, they say-