Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: INTRODUCTIONS - New pilots start here

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Azurooth

Welcome Lightning. I would more than like to race you at some rapier. My psn name is Azurooth. //Philip

PSN ID
    LightningRacer

Thanks and well met Philip, I shall add you straight away!!

Hi all,

I'm Pete a.k.a Nosamp or 2Beards (a pic will explain if required) from Essex in the UK.
    I'm old and I mostly play on my Xbox……. not a great opener I agree but bear with me….

I used to play wipEout years back (from the original up to Fusion) but slowly got tempted from PS to XB by the game releases etc *hangs head in shame*. Anyhoo I recently went to the Eurogamer Expo, spoke to Ami from Studio Liverpool (yeah I know it's gone…. WTF?) and realised how much I'd missed it.

So I went home dusted off the old PS2 and stuck in all the games and did a lap on each…… über!
    Unfortunately I have lost my games saves but I've just bought a component cable and am looking forward to some better quality racing.

Oh and apparently if I'm a good boy I'll be getting a PS3 from Santa….get in!
    So I'll fill in my PS details then

Funnily enough I won a Vita earlier on in the year on a trip to Sainsbury's head office (promo in the foyer for the Vita) for the fastest lap on 2048 (I think all the decent pilots didn't have a go!), unfortunately our fidge @ home broke so I sold it to get a new one…….. yeah I know, crap eh?
    Anyhoo I got a trophy (I'll post a pic if you like )……. yeah, nice, whatever!
    I should have seen the signs then but I've never been a massive fan of portable gaming, I like BIG!

So here I am, back to the party, a little late and it looks like everyone else is drunk, drank all the booze and the police are about to raid the place, but I'm gonna enjoy it while I can!

Cheers
    Pete

(Oh and Nosamp is P Mason backwards… )

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Leigh on Sea!? Well I never!

LOL

Small world and all that!

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Hi Pete, welcome to the Zone

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Azurooth

Welcome! =)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Gekko_P

I forgot to introduce myself. WipEout newbie, never played with it before WipEout HD, and I got my PS3 a couple of months ago. So yes, I'm REALLY a newbie. But I'm almost done with Elite campaign, all gold medals, so I'm the happiest newbie around you might say. Still have to buy Fury, though.

Well, enough of it.

I've been lurking this forum for a while, seems like a great community and lots of tips in here turned out to be very helpful.

See you around.

PSN ID

It's great to see that HD is still pulling in new players 4 years after release, it really is. Welcome to the Zone GekkoP

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Gekko_P

Thank you, Colonel.
    I have to admit I usually am not a fan of racing games, I get bored pretty soon. WipEout HD is something different, maybe is the fighting, maybe is the inhuman speed. Don't know, I just love it.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Quote Originally Posted by Nosamp View Post
    Hi all,
    So here I am, back to the party, a little late and it looks like everyone else is drunk, drank all the booze and the police are about to raid the place, but I'm gonna enjoy it while I can!
    Cheers
    Pete

(Oh and Nosamp is P Mason backwards… )
    Welcome Nosamp! Don't worry I always save some cheap booze for company
    Here you dispelled my suspicions that you're a drift racing speed demon with a NOS button on your import...phew

And welcome to GekkoP too Nice to see new faces errr names on the zone, keep the wipEout lovE alivE

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

Hello Wipeout fanatics

As a kid, i would always play wipeout 2097 and loved it. Unfortunately, that was the only wipeout game that i had until i got wipeout HD in the welcome pack. I fell in love with wipeout all over again, and bought every single wipeout game. From the first wipeout to 2048. I play them all as much as i can. My most favourite titles are Wipeout 3 SE, Pure, and HD/Fury.

Anyway, I'm most probably best at playing HD/Fury. I have beaten half of both HD and Fury campaigns on elite difficulty, have yet to finish them You could say that my skill level is just a bit higher than the elite AI, because im finding it a bit easier to beat them just recently.

On HD, im struggeling a bit with the tracks sebenco climb reverse and chengou project reverse.

So i dont think im a that of a good pilot compared to all of you on here, but im sure with practice i could become better By the way i am only 14 years of age.

My PSN: theconzio

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Hi and welcome to the board, you will enjoy this website.

stevie

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    boblovesmaryann

Hey, all! New HD/Fury pilot here. I'm really fresh to the online races.

HD/Fury was my introduction to the series, thanks to the psn blackout in spring 2011. The trophies on this game looked challenging, so I dove in. I'm still hunting, lol.. only missing "Bling Brigade" to go platinum!

I'm glad to see such a lively community around here! I've mainly been racing in the Flash and Rapier classes, Eliminator and Single Race types. So if any of those are your bag, send me an add! PSN ID: boblovesmaryann

PSN ID
    LightningRacer

Welcome to the forums

I'd love to add you! I'm more of a Rapier/Phantom guy myself but I'm willing to play anything with friends

PSN: LightningRacer

PSN ID

Welcome to the site Bobby and Conzio

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    vaakneri

Why didn't I notice this thread earlier?

Anyways, I'm a very new pilot, got HD about 3 months ago and got hooked right away . I recognize a few names here from online races as well. I think I'm really good at the game, considering I have only been playing Wipeout for a very short time. And by the way, I'm a 14-year old Finn, not sure what you'll except from me

PSN ID

Hi mate, welcome. By the way, I sent you a friend request with my Erik_Ponti account.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

HI!!
    My name is Kasandra (no joke, just a coincident) and I have not been playing w for that long. I started playing with a friend and started to like it =) hope to learn more and meet some friends to play with here.
    Otherwise, Im a girl in my 20s who lives in Denmark, europe. Im studying and live with my kitten =) just a quiet, laid back but funny once you get to know me girl!

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Hi and welcome to the board, enjoy and keep posting.

stevie