Thread: INTRODUCTIONS - New pilots start here

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Welcome dude, love the username

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Azurooth

Welcome Gerard, i hope to catch you on the tracks!

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Quote Originally Posted by idloveacupoft View Post
    Hello there folks. New pilot here

I'm Gerard or Cupoft. I'm Irish and I have lurked on this site for some time. So I thought that I'd sign up Why not, eh?

Wipeout HD is a game that I've found myself always coming back to in between some avid trophy hunting. It's without doubt one of the most addictive and fun games that I've played this gen. I was reading in jealousy of people talking about being a fan from the start and how great that was. For me, this is the first one that I properly got into. I've played older titles with friends but only for an hour or two.

Currently my skill level is okay on Flash and Rapier levels but when it comes to Phantom....well let's just say that I need more practice. And that practice will be gotten my friends. All in due time! As mentioned, I'm kinda a trophy-whore sometimes and wipeout hd is no exception to this rule. I have two trophies left in this game and they are ECL and Da Bomb. I'm hoping that with some practice, Meltdown will crumble before me. For the time being it's vice versa xD

Sorry for waffling on for a bit. I hope to see some of you guys online. Maybe you can teach me a thing or two
    The same idloveacupoft from PS3T.org?! Welcome mate!!

Timezone
    GMT -6

Hello! I joined about a week ago after playing WipEout Pure on the PSP and suddenly wanted to get back into the lore of WipEout. Other than Pure, I haven't played a WipEout game since WipEout 3, way back when. Since then I've been staying with the simulator racing games such as Xpand Rally, WRC, GTR, Forza, and F1. Being a PC gamer (Haven't owned a PS or Xbox for over a year) I have yet to play any of the new WipEout's, though from seeing just screenshots they look incredibly fun and that WipEout 2048 cinematic is really amazing, I could watch it all day.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Welcome to the forums!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Azurooth

Welcome!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Hello everyone at the WipeoutZone forums!

I'm Mike458, a new pilot who just got the game not so long ago. This game is possibly the most addicting game that I have ever played, and there's always something new to master every time I play it. On Venom and Flash speed classes, I'm OK on them, yet I'm not a top-of-the-leaderboard pilot. However, when it comes to Rapier and Phantom classes, I can screw up pretty badly on them! I can handle some of the Phantom races on simple tracks (Moa Therma, Anulpha Pass, The Amphiseum, etc.) and hold my own against the Skilled AI. However, most of the races I go on usually end up with a burning Goteki (My favorite team) somewhere on the track. Currently, I've been playing this game for about a month (I had a really bad headache that stopped me from playing Wipeout for about a month or so), and I'm starting to feel pretty comfortable with this game. Hopefully you guys can teach me and many new pilots some tricks that we don't know about and possibly race with you guys!

Long live Goteki45!
    ~Mike458

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Hey, and welcome to the forums!

It's always a fun adventure to learn the faster speed classes for the first time, and it takes practice, but it sounds like you have 'The Addiction' just like the rest of us on the forum, so you'll be fine! Icaras and Goteki are my two favorite teams, you really can't go wrong with either, so good choice there. The best things to work on are racing line, barrel rolling, and most importantly SIDESHIFTS. I cannot stress this one enough. While they may be tricky to learn, they are a must. Also, this tutorial by a WipEout master will help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxzYkTralIA

Anyway, good luck to you with mastering the game, and I hope to see you on the track and on the forums!

And if you haven't checked it out yet, SlipStream GX, our WipEout-based forum project has become quite a nice piece of work, and even better, it will be free on final release! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPj6VmulOvI http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/for...-SlipStream-GX
    It seems that you cannot currently download their latest demo because their website is, well, off. But hopefully that will be fixed soon!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

You can also use this "container" which has the direct download links to the packages while our site is under maintenance:
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...ases-and-Fixes

And welcome to the forums

PSN ID
    TeabagMcFrag

Hello forumers!

I'm new here. My Wipeout tale began when I played a demo of what I think was Wipeout 3. I remember it having a pit lane and a voice which said "3, 2, 1, GO!". I wasn't very good at it. I then played a demo of Wipeout Fusion, but I wasn't very good at that either. I guess it was due to the fact that I didn't know how to airbrake in both demos. I lost interest in the series until I saw a PSN friend playing Wipeout HD. He encouraged me to get it, I did, and I've been pleased with it. I also got the Fury expansion not long ago. I'm starting to get the hang of Rapier class, with Phantom being a challenge for me. My favourite teams to use are Assegai, AG Systems, Goteki, Feisar and Icaras, with Assegai coming out on top because I like how balanced it's stats are, with the Fury craft making it even better. My favourite tracks are Anulpha Pass, Sebenco Climb Reverse, Ubermall and The Amphiseum. I hate Modesto Heights, because of how easy it is to slam into a barrier, even while airbraking. I've temporarily stopped playing, as I've been feeling sick and have been focused on getting the platinum on other games. It's a shame that there may not be a future Wipeout game, I hope that there will be.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Welcome to the forums! Have a great stay here!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Hello to you!

Sounds like you're getting the hang of it rather well, funny that you like both FEISAR & Icaras, but Assegai is a very good team as well. Is it just me, or am I the only one who actually likes Modesto Heights? I got my first ever WipEout win there in Pure, and have loved it ever since. Can't go wrong with The Amphiseum, though!

Edit: Wow, Mike, you beat me by a minute, lol

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Aureales (previously El__Cho)

Wink I'm new. Ciao!

Good Evening to all, dear pilots.

Well, I'm a fresh New-Entry and I'm not so good with english... but I can translate you all types of Pizza. Yeah, I come from Italy and I love Auricom team, especially in Wip3out, my childhood game. But but but but...
    "AlisGeldtaaSd!!1 HELLO. WAT'S YOUR HOBBY?'?"

I'm a YouTuber since Jan. 2013; I started my channel based on the Zombie mode of the famous game Call of Duty, than I continue to my current channel /ElChoReturn. Recently I downloaded the PS1 emulator on my PC, only to play Wip3out... It became a true dipendence. Sssssooooo... Let's buy WipEout HD Fory for PS3! ► THE END. After 2 month I finally reached Zone 126 (I think that is the new Italian Zone record) with wrong music, but all of that for a "break during my real hard work". What to add? Oh, yes! HAPPY HOLIDAYS! MERRY CHRISTMAS! Happy... 2014... (?)

See you ~ Ci si vede

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Hey there and welcome to the forums!

First of all I have to congratulate you on your Zone record, fabulous stuff there, great work. I hope you enjoy your time here with us on the forums, and I hope to see you on the track someday!

Cheers,

DDD113

PSN ID
    DIXI200

Welcome, this is a good communities. Congratulations on your record.

Kudos for the pizzas I can not do it ... I first taste

I'll see you online

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Aureales (previously El__Cho)

Ty all for welcome!

- Grazie DIXI200

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Welcome to the forum!

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Welcome to the site dude

A few miles from Firestar. My adress is 1 Mars St. Mars, ZIP code 11111
    Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SuperHuman33

Default The words on the light box told me to introduce myself...

I don't know if I was supossed to make my own tread or not and I'm probably doing something horribly wrong, but at least I'll get some attention.

I like cats and dogs and constricting snakes (they're the most cuddly). I don't have a many moneys so I don't have Wipeout HD, but when I find out why my psp is stupid and won't go on the Internet I'll try out Wipeout Pure online and lose a lot probably. I'm a guy, and no one would ever f***ing know if I didn't just say so, and i swear a sh**ton I'm also trying to do music but job hunting and procrastination are conspiring against me. I do have a half finished MIDI file thing of what is probably going to be my first song, but I guess you can't attach .tux files, so I'll just describe it to you.

It's really good.

You'll have to take my word for it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Welcome to WipEout Zone
    First of all, we somewhere have a thread for new users, somewhere in this Forum... ^^
    Don't wonder of you can't play Pure and Pulse online, Sony shut down the servers. Dumb morons!
    You like snakes? May I intoduce you to my friend, Snakenator1