Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: INTRODUCTIONS - New pilots start here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -5

Default New pilot in hd and pulse!

Moderator hi-jack

Apologies for the hijack but we have so many new members coming along (a good thing) that don't yet have access to the Pilot's Lounge that I figured I'd put them all in one place.

If you are a new WipEout HD pilot and want tro introduce yourself then you can:
    a) Do so in this thread
    b) wait until you have 5 posts under your belt which will then unlock the Pilot's Lounge for you to use for your own personal introduction.

Before even posting, please read and remember the rules, listed over here:
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/announcement.php?f=18

Pleas read Hellfire's FAQ for starting out tips, and watch his new Basics Tutorial video. Use search to find answers to questions. If you don't find them then try the Random Question thread first before making a new post.

Thanks for reading, now back to the intros.

Hey guys I'm Raffaele and I'm a new pilot in Wipeout. I currently use Harimau and used to use Goteki 45 when I first started. I've beaten many elite races and currently just practicing on getting perfect laps. I'm good on all venom tracks and currently playing on flash and sometimes rapier. I got it during the welcome back pacakage and had no idea how great this game is! I literly can not stop playing it! I liked it so much I also picked up pulse to play when I'm not home

Right now my current problems is on some tracks no matter how hard I turn I usually hit a wall. I'm having this problem on some of the more complicated tracks on Rapier.

I love the community here, great friendly people

See you guys on the track my psn is the same as my sn here watchhead11
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 24th June 2011 at 11:02 PM. Reason: .

PSN ID
    a3a33a3abf

Hi! You can start by asking to some users in the forum, such as Coronel_Gadaffi, ion_harvest, they can help you out much. As well as the corners, how do you take them, from the inside or outside to inside?

As well, does Harimau have good steering? I use Icaras and in most parts don't crash a lot.

Also, when you are about to crash, remember on using side shifting, it helps me A LOT.

Welcome! (PSN: a3a33a3abf, add me for some training)

Timezone
    GMT -5

Thanks. I'll add you. Thanks for the tips. I usually take corners by the inside and some of the harder ones from the outside so I don't hit the wall. I'm getting pretty good on flash but wow some of the rapier levels are hard.. Practice makes perfect.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

welcome home give us a holler if you need any tips ^_^

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FlintFandango or RennFlint or Flint Fandango (PS4)

Welcome!

Practice makes perfect, you´re right! Don´t worry about the speed classes, I´m a Flash-Pilot myself (lack of ambition ).
    Watch Hellfire´s tutorials and ask the pilots here at the forum: you´ll get way better/faster soon.
    Enjoy!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

Welcome to the zone brother!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    betta852

Default INTRODUCTIONS - New pilots start here

Hello everyone! I'm Matt.
    I'm new to Wipeout in general, though I have had experience with the Wipeout Pulse demo on PSP. I thought it was fun, but I regrettably did not buy it. As soon as HD/Fury became free on PSN, I snapped it up. I love it so far. I'm on the 3rd set of levels on the HD campaign and I'm starting to dip my toes in online play. I'm still a noob, but i consider myself a smart noob for visiting and learning from this forum. Now for my questions :

I use Icaras and Feisar for my mains. I experiment with Piranha and Assegai (though I'm not too serious.) Any recommendations for other noobships?

My two favorite tracks are Moa Therma and Chengou Project (!). It took my awhile to get Chengou, but I cracked it and own at it. Now I'm having issues with Senenco Climb. I watched Hellfire's awesome tutorial, and I'm just starting to get it, though more tips would be nice. Thanks!
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 24th June 2011 at 09:19 PM. Reason: .

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

welcome to the zone! as for ships go with what feels nice to you, general warning though eg-x fury is a tough one.
    Personally I'm a harimau fury pilot but it's all about taste really.

Anyway sebenco can be a tough one yes especially on phantom it's all about practice. Keep it up and good luck!

/oryx

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

If you go online, don't be deterred by losing. All pilots take time to develop, even then some (like myself) still only run mid pack. There are a ton of great racers, most of which are on this forum.

Try all the ships, including their fury alts. They all handle different and it can take time to truly fine the one that fits your style.

Side Shift, learn it, love it, cherish it. XD

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Side Shift and pitch down are our friends on Sebenco. At least on Phantom, you'll have more than enough speed to get enough air on every bump to do a BR. Pitch down to avoid excessive air and stay glued to the track.

I too like Moa Therma, or at least the reverse edition. The mag-strip is boring, but the corners just flows and when you get it right it gives you a great sensation of speed. Almost as good as Metropia

Edit: Oh, and welcome to the Zone

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Nobody has linked to this yet?

As for the ships, I wouldn't worry about it. Just stick with something you feel comfortable with, as there really isn't that big of a difference unless you're playing in speed lap. Even then, the Icaras is only typically superior by a small margin, and until you're sufficiently good at the game that margin will be negligible.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I played the first Wipeout back in the day on PS1, and got out of gaming for about 10+ years. Picked up a PS3 in 2007, and bought Wipeout HD the first day it was released on PSN.

It is amazing that a game that has been out for for nearly four years has still held my attention.

I started a new PSN account and have been playing this game a lot lately. Just turned off the assists and am re-discovering this game all over again. I love it.

Just wish that more people gave this game a chance. Seems like I am the only person on Friend List that plays it. I am so happy to find this website.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuro84 View Post
    I just started to play Wipeout HD again, maybe some of you remember me as LaiN-85. Hope to meet some nice people to play with!
    What's up man? I remember playing you the last few nights. Good games, good times.
    Last edited by BrutalizedStigma; 22nd October 2011 at 12:43 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    D_1998_BR

Talking

Hey everybody! I'm D_1998_BR and I'm not so new on the WipEout series...
    Started playing WipEout 64 (i was just a kid,i don't remember which track or which ship i used to play with).
    Bought a PS2 and got WipEout Pulse for it,but still didn't complete,as time advances i got a PS3 and got WipEout HD from the Welcome Back package

As ever,WipEout HD really got into me,for now I'm the best brazilian player in the game (I think,since I don't know a brazilian player that beats me...for now...rodex10 is quite close to,but he screws up a bit on some tracks and gives me 2 more secs gap most of the times.).

Level 33,Master III and rising,used to have all HD skins and half of the Fury skins,but my WipEout data went corrupted and i lost everything...

Started just like everyone,a wall-riding noob,but learned quite fast (thanks to JFthebestJan and P_Denton) the game's tricks and tips.I Transcended before getting Data Corrupted,so now i'm a level 5 in the PSN.

That's all you have to know from me for now.Feel free to add me on PSN: D_1998_BR

~D~

EDIT: Level 37,Elite II for now.
    Last edited by D_1998_BR; 17th November 2011 at 10:51 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Pilots, Racers, and Team Managers, alike, I am Arch, short for Archibald. I was cast into the year 2116 with my friends due to a freak accident with my singularity generator. It was at the time of the F7200 Racing League pre-season. Where the owner of the FEISAR team, Vincent De Blanc, was in jeopardy of retaining the team's standings. The league committee, was threatening to pull the plug on FEISAR, so I decided to pitch in, and race for them. Currently, I'm undergoing simulated training and practice. I can't wait to pull the team out of the hole!

And, that's my fursona, I was Role-Playing as. I'm Nicholas Manuel, and I'm the author of Total Wip3out, an interactive fanfiction. Aside from that, I'm also a freelance composer. I'm thinking about making my own music for the race footage I capture. I use Music Creator 6, not as good as FL Studio, but it was all I could afford.

The raw footage has some imperfections, but that's what Vegas Pro is for, cropping and adding music to my game footage.

By the way, my copy of Wip3out died on me a long time ago. So, I'm using an ISO of Wip3out Special Edition I downloaded.

I hope you welcome me with open arms.
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 2nd September 2012 at 03:57 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

Hello Wipeout fanatics

As a kid, i would always play wipeout 2097 and loved it. Unfortunately, that was the only wipeout game that i had until i got wipeout HD in the welcome pack. I fell in love with wipeout all over again, and bought every single wipeout game. From the first wipeout to 2048. I play them all as much as i can. My most favourite titles are Wipeout 3 SE, Pure, and HD/Fury.

Anyway, I'm most probably best at playing HD/Fury. I have beaten half of both HD and Fury campaigns on elite difficulty, have yet to finish them You could say that my skill level is just a bit higher than the elite AI, because im finding it a bit easier to beat them just recently.

On HD, im struggeling a bit with the tracks sebenco climb reverse and chengou project reverse.

So i dont think im a that of a good pilot compared to all of you on here, but im sure with practice i could become better By the way i am only 14 years of age.

My PSN: theconzio

New but not so new.

I wanted to get involved with Wipeout Again after a 4 year absense and I am hoping for forgiveness after being banned before.

I would like to point out I was 12 when I got banned and now I am nearly 17 and I have changed a lot in many ways

You may have known me as M1zw1z / DjM1zw1z. But im hoping to start again..

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    miaplayin

Hello wipeoutzone community ! I'm a french 33 years old wipeout pilot since 2 years, i have never really been into videogames that much spending the most of my free time cruising on my skateboard, until i bought from a friend a psp go with a dead display. Once fixed this device introduced me to wipeout pure and pulse and playing quickly became part of my daily routine. A few months later i purchased a psp 2000, for a different playing experience and more important for the adhoc multiplayer feature.
    In the last two years i have gifted five second hand psp to my brothers, nephew, and friends, and we have been enjoying a lot of "family contest" with that games (Tekken 6 was played a lot too).
    Now i live far from the city, rehabiliting an old farm, as i'm now far from others players, i'm missing playing against "real humans" a lot.
    Having missed the online with pulse, i woke up one morning with the fear that the server could be shutted down before i could try to play online.
    That's why i upgraded to the ps vita and the crossplay feature of the wipeout 2048 dlcs. The experience is great, while the game crash often, sometimes it's impossible to connect to the server, and the racebox is missing way more than i thought, i'm very happy to discover the Hd/Fury version of wipeout, and now i'm saving more money to get a Ps3 for the full experience (bought a 2nd gen fat second hand : really bad idea, ylod within a week but i've managed to play around 20hrs with).
    So now i need to practice in Hd Fury, while trying to complete pure and pulse. I've already played online with a few of you, and hope to be a more serious contender soon. I'm also looking for some adhoc party via the ps3, if it's still working.
    So thanks to all the people for sharing their interest for that game, and wish a long life to this community.
    Looking for psn friends to practice, don't hesitate to contact me for a race or anything else !
    See you

Psn : miaplayin
    Friend request link http://playp.sn/f/6ybuIQxhwAVJN0oh
    Last edited by miaplayin; 7th March 2016 at 05:15 PM.

Hi everyone,

I am actually a game developer currently working on an Anti-gravity racer. No it's not a new Wipeout, however Wipeout is a big inspiration for the project. I would love to tell you guys all about the project but this is not the place to do it.

Kind regards,

Mike

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    BurnoutSonicGmng

Hey everyone, I'm Juho (great Finnish name, bet you can't pronounce it). Been a fan of racing games, sometime ago got interested about WipEout, tried the very first PS1 game on the Vita, then the 2048 Demo, watched a lot of Hellfire_WZ, now the new game came out and got HD/Fury and 2048 in one package! Also interested in getting the earlier games at some point.
    Well, since one of my other main interests is anime and Japan (filthy weeb) I main AG-Systems, although I do plan on getting full affinity with all different teams.

Favorite tracks I'd say would be Capital Reach in 2048 and Sol 2 in HD (although in the latter I'm prone to getting pooped on).

Looking forward to seeing you guys online or in a possible tournament!

PSN ID
    Geist1011

Default Hi all from the new guy

just thought id post to say hi to all here, not play a wipeout game since the 1st 1 way back on PS1,

Noticed wipeout HD on the welcome back pack so figured id give it a shot, and glad i did, awesome game indeed.

Still getting used to playing so working through the campaigne while doing some speed laps on faster speed classes to try get better.

PSN name is Geist1011 same as here.

Hope to have some fun races against you guys, see you on the tracks