Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Zix-Xer

Default WipeEout 2048 to PS3!

Hi

I have just seen a trailer:
    http://www.gamer.nl/video/101867/ont...-de-ps-vita-is
    were they show the ps vita and stuff. on 1:06 they show crossplay of games and you see first wipeout 2048 on a new 2048 track and then they switch to the ps3 on the same 2048 track! so that means if there not lying that we get a new ps3 wipeout JAY!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

I sure hope you're right!

Praise the Lord!! Amen!

PSN ID
    xifdo

I begin to pray, hope for good

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I really, really hope you are correct, but as much as I want to believe that commercial for the VITA showing the whole game is cross compatible, I think it could just as easily be a mistake made by the people that made the ad as it's a composite with inserted video.

I'll really believe it when I see either a E3 type video of the NEW tracks in 2048 running on a large screen [since VITA has no video out it would prove that the new tracks in the game would have to be running on a PS3] or read it on a PS blog or the like.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SomeWhiteNoise

I just pooped myself. That is awesome.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    abukii

Cool

@Blackwiggle-- The Vita, if Im not mistaken, has mini HDMI in/out.

Now, its news to me that the entire system is cross-platform. What Im thinking is that the developers would have to implement this feature, but the system is capable. Regardless, I do believe the Vita is a day 1 purchase for me...heres to hoping I have the monies

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

I'm hopeful, but I agree with Blackwigle. Until SL or Sony confirms it I will believe nothing as truth. I mean, they know the wipeout community is wondering if its a ps3 game as well, yet they havent said anything for sure..This leads me to believe that they hadnt planned it to be a ps3 launch and now they're considering it...Or they want the Vita to have this as an exclusive for a bit or maybe altogether...All I know is that if it was already planed as a ps3 game I think we would already know...Im hoping, but not getting my hopes up

this'd be really awsome, if they can make it cross compatible with the old tracks surely they can make it compatible with the new ones too?

probably come out later though if it happened, so as to give you a reason to buy it on handheld

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

That's what I thought Nut. They're not going to release a load of PS Vita games on PS3 too soon, people won't buy Vitas. Surely it will be ported at some point though, if sales are good.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Quote Originally Posted by abukii View Post
    @Blackwiggle-- The Vita, if Im not mistaken, has mini HDMI in/out.
    Sorry, while I think it would make sense for the Vita to have a mini-HDMI out as well, according to this article there is no video-out to speak of at all:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/09/s...-video-output/

About this topic though, I don't think that the video can be taken at face value, but it would make sense that '2048 would be ported to the PS3 at some point. Probably not at the same time as the Vita release; but not too long after, surely it would be released as an expansion to HD...
    Last edited by amplificated; 22nd June 2011 at 09:29 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I suppose it's going to depend how Sony sell 2048, by that I mean are they only going to sell it preinstalled on one of those proprietary VITA memory chips and that you are going to have to buy that at a store?

If they do, I don't think 2048 will be the first choice for the vast majority of VITA purchasers, mainly because a lot will see it as just an expansion of the HD/FURY tracks that included within it, which is true.
    Which makes me think that 2048 will somehow be one of a couple of games that will end up getting bundled with the VITA when it first goes on sale.
    How they do that is another question.
    Will they have several games preinstalled on one chip that will be put in the box with a VITA?
    I think costs will want to be minimal for Sony, so they will make the bundled games available as redeemable codes from the PStore.

Which means you are either going to need a PC running Media GO! and download and transfer it via that, or download onto your PS3 and transfer.

Which also give it the best chance of coming to the PS3, as we all know there are a lot of games that can be played on both a PSP & PS3, there will probably be a VITA section added to the PStore.

My best guess is that 2048 will be free as a redeemable code for VITA purchasers, but if you just want it to play on your PS3 you will need to purchase an additional unlock key.
    This will also give 2048 the max online install base at first release because they know all we Wipeout tragic's will get it day one.

But then again we are talking about Sony here, they are renown for screwing up Wipeout releases, so the logical course of action is usually that last one taken.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    billychanxtr33m

i could have swore i read an article somewhere about how 2048 would run at 60 fps on the ps3 and 30 fps on the vita and how that would make the vita a hard sell for wipeout fans because the ps3 version would be an upgrade

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The only reason I can see for the VITA to run games at 30fps would be to prolong battery life, refreshing that 5" screen at 60fps would chew up the juice I suspect.

I wonder how long they stay charged enough to run a game for, I imagine a lot of people are going to end up needing to turn off a lot of built in services like Bluetooth and 3G like you do on a mobile phone so you can get decent usage between charges.
    Sony have made the battery unable to be removed from the VITA, I suppose they don't want to risk people modifying it leading to another "Pandora's Battery" situation which opened the PSP up to Homebrew hacking.

Personally I don't trust equipment with built in batteries, I've seen other peoples experiences with iPod's made useless and costing a small fortune to fix because of them.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Never believe what you see in a montage.

Wipeout HD + Wipeout Fury + Wipeout 2048 = Wipeout Trinity ??
    Trinity may not be the title of a future Wipeout game, but rather the website/title may be used as a new official site/name for the three latest generation Wipeouts?
    Just a thought

Regarding the possibility of 2048 for PS3, we're not completely filled in on the details regarding crossplay. Will Vita users be able to use 2048 craft, while crossplaying with PS3 users racing with HD/Fury craft, or will PS3 users be able to use the new 2048 craft aswell? If the latter.... there's another nod towards 2048 for PS3
    Last edited by Screature; 23rd June 2011 at 03:08 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

http://blog.fr.playstation.com/2011/...n-vita-de-le3/

It says :

Wipeout 2048 était également de la partie avec plusieurs tracés. Le jeu prend donc place dans un futur proche, mais bien sûr avant le premier Wipeout sorti sur PlayStation et le fabuleux Wipeout 2097. Nous avons pu jouer sur deux circuits dont un en ville avec un mélange de tracé dans les rues et sur des structures métalliques, même la tête Ã* l’envers ! Plusieurs boost sont disséminés sur votre route, mais aussi des ralentisseurs qu’il faudra éviter. Le jeu sera même compatible avec votre PS3.
    The big part is the last sentence, which most of you can't understand (but easily guess)
    In Shakespeare language : "The game will be compatible with you PS3".

Not an official announce, but gives some more hope

PS : thanks Kaori for the link

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Trinity is old. Way old. It does not refer to anything 2048 related. Trinity is either WipEout HD Fury or an old PSP game that never saw the light of day after Pulse.

Compatible with the PS3 means of course the cross play feature and nothing more.

I am 99% certain that we won't see 2048 on PS3.
    It's a system seller, designed around the unique PSV features. It can't exist on PS3 because the PS3 doesn't have the same feature set. It also can't exist on PS3 because then what would be the reason for getting a PSV?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

As far as I know 'Trinity' was the working title for Fusion back in the day. When the game progress was stopped, all work what was done was left behind and the team started from scratch and named it Fusion.

I think we will see 2048 on the PS3 but after a few months to get more players on both systems.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Could be. As far as I know the information I have about Trinity is from Rob and from that visit at SL some of you made a long while ago. Whatever Trinity was at that time has since passed anyways so it's no longer relevant.

Maybe 2048 will be on PS3 one day, but it won't be at launch for sure. The possibility is there though as it is the same game engine and we all know it works just fine on PS3.