Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FAQ about PSVITA!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    The X button could be a real issue in 2048. I had the same problem when playing it at Eurogamer, nudging the right stick sends you into rear view...
    It even gets you into a 180 during combat mode, which I didn't like at all. Might just take some time getting used to - might be an annoying issue. But no matter what: I really hope they're going to add customizable controls.

Ben

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    I don't have one at this time.

I'm going to say this now...

I don't like voice-activated weapons! It seems a little odd. Besides, I much prefer pressing a button or toggling a switch.

Then there's the chance it may set it off accidentally. Yes, I talk to the ship like it's alive sometimes.

Heres my questions

1) Was Wipeout 2048 a launch title in Japan?

2) Some websites are stating it is currently available, although yes asia is saying the 19th Jan 2012? Is this a confirmed release date?

Cheers

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

If it was, I assure you I would have posted videos by now and you would have heard raving about it. People with a vita already are waiting on Jan19th.

sweet mate cheers

....just making sure

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I got Pure from the PSN store tonight 'cause I wanted to play a little more on the Vita, and while I was thinking after a bit of Uncharted that reaching the X wasn't that big of a problem... playing WO it felt really off on my first go. Although I never played the original game, I really felt the right analogue stick was in the way.

Keep in mind it's still early days for me and the Vita (let alone portable WO), so I might be able to adjust, but at the moment it doesn't sit right with me.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

The version of Pure you can play on the Vita, I have heard it doesn't include any of the download packs, is that true?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I don't know what the packs are or what they do, but I believe it's just the bare game. It's a total ripoff, but whatever.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Just a little update regarding the packs: I downloaded them and from what I've played so far, everything works like a charm. If you download your old PSP games and have content not available from the PSN Store, you just put it into the folder you specify the Content Manager to use; and from the looks of things saves will work the same way.

Oh and the controls? I actually found a way to cope pretty quickly although it's not as comfortable for me as my natural position. Also, I don't know if it's Pure's gameplay or what, but I definitely don't have the kind of feel I do in this game as HD, and I'm hoping I'll be better at 2048 -_-

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

pure's handling is very different from HD, closer to old wipeouts handling, except for the lesser speed, 2048 is very close to HD

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

That's good to hear

While I pretty much have gotten gold on my first try of everything so far (90 gold, 4 silver and those were when I was messing about...) it doesn't really seem like I'm good, especially considering the stat that I have made just 8 perfect laps in that time -_-

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

The packs work, excellent because my old slim PSP has found a new home and I'd hate to think I couldn't race Gamma league again..

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    pure's handling is very different from HD, closer to old wipeouts handling, except for the lesser speed, 2048 is very close to HD
    Colin and I had lots of heated discussion about the handling in Pure. I never really got on with it because the turning ramped up with the speed, so I never found that I could judge corners properly. When it came to Pulse and HD it had been changed so that the ships turned at the same rate regardless of the speed.

I remember going on messenger to moan to him for the 10th time about it during the development of Pulse and he said "Yes. This was changed ages ago. I'm balancing tracks now, leave me alone!" or words to that effect!

Confirmed only one account! Crap, I had read if you had another mem card you could do it. What a waste of money.

Timezone
    GMT -5

You can have multiple account on different memory card with only one PSVita... I have seen it. Where did you take this information ?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Can you put the VITA into sleepmode and play immediately when turned on again?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Re: multiple accounts, I believe you have to do a factory reset of the system each time you want to swap account. Not sure if you need a different mem. card for each account either, but it's probable.

Re: sleep mode; yes, it's perfect other than the 3-4 seconds it takes for the system to turn back on again (which is hardly an issue).

I have two mem cards, no dice on trying to log in differently. The factory reset would work, hopefully the same mem card though, otherwise you'd have to play through again

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I meant to look the other night at the PSVita Rooms event, but does it have any built in podcasting functionality like the PSP does?

That'd be a big decider on me getting one, although I'm not going to pre-order any longer because I can't get a 32Gb memory card without importing one.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Isn't that just mp3 playback? Or am I missing something... Google doesn't give much results on explanations.