Thread: Random Network Connection Errors

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 10

Default Random Network Connection Errors

Hi Guys,

Have been playing Wipeout HD for about a week since joining with absolutely no problems.

Tonight I now randomly get kicked out of online play with 'Network Error: Cannot contact server' or similar related messages.

I can login to online play every time, and join a game every time, I just usually get kicked out after about a lap or two, consistently in the first race anyway.

Have no such trouble playing other games online eg. GT5, LBP .. running Internet Connection Test is fine, Type 2 NAT etc. so I have no clue what it could be.

Please help !! I really love the game this is so annyoying out of the blue.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Try changing your selected online location.
    Go to online where the boards are, then press square, you will have a choice to select between EU, US, AUS, JAP, KR.

This has worked before for others that have suffered this problem, if it works for a while then the same problem returns just change back to your original.
    Sometimes it's just server overload that causes it, so switching to another sorts it.

It could also be somebody else in your household is using the internet at the same time and is slowing down your upload speed, so you get disconnected.

Also, if using a wireless modem, do a check to see how many devices are using it, you wouldn't be the first to get a nasty shock if you find that you next door neighbor has been connecting to the internet via your wireless modem.

Timezone
    GMT + 10

blackwiggle - thanks so much for the tip of changing zones I will definately give this a go.

I have suspected things like LAN congestion, I am on wireless but my PC was idle not running any downloads or filesharing software etc. and my WLAN is secured with WPA2 (though I'll double check tonight for any stray clients) so I'm fairly sure its not a local issue.

Again hope I can get it resolved !!! Loving this game ..

Timezone
    GMT -5

If it's possible, try directly connecting your PS3 to the modem for a little while and see if your troubles continue. It's not a permanent solution, but it does help diagnose the problem.

With a router in the way it could be one of many things (As much as NAT2 should say it's fine, always better to check).

Timezone
    GMT + 10

Frailavi - thanks for the tip.

The PS3 is permanently wired to the Modem/Router via CAT5 cabling, only my laptop PC and (which I occaisionally run PS3 Media Server) is on Wireless connection - so I am fairly sure its not a LAN/WLAN issue.

Timezone
    GMT -5

But the router is the most likely issue, just bypassing it for a bit to see if the problem continues can rule out a lot of possibilities.