Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Random Network Connection Errors

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

You can still play online without the Fury pack, just not on Fury maps and people with Fury ships appear to be piloting HD versions IIRC.

As long as the game is completely updated, there should be no problems. Fury isn't an update, just an expansion pack. It would be pretty unfair if people who only had HD couldn't play online once Fury came out, eh?

And really, you should expect a router to operate at maximum capability for at least the warranty period, and it shouldn't just "naturally degrade" over time. I think you mean that standards change, so old equipment may no longer be "up to date" if it's 3 or more years old. Those are very, very different things.

@ Age_R, connection type doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure you're one of the only people in the world with this problem, and there are a lot of different connection types being used for the game out there.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I was alluding to the problem people had before FURY was released, they couldn't connect online at all with their main PSNID and had to use a different account.
    I just searched back, there was a game update for HD that came out the day before FURY was released , the effected people bought the FURY DLC anyway to use with their second accounts, but then found that they could then use their main accounts again.
    So nobody was quite sure if it was the update or the FURY DLC or a combination of the both that fixed the problem.
    Killakills86 [POST #73 in the how to fix online problems thread] recently reported that he was still suffering this problem, but I'm not sure if he bothered to get the FURY DLC or not.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

That's what you seemed to be intending at first, but then you said:

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    I'm pretty sure FURY wasn't just DLC, it was a game update as well. I think you should definitely have FURY installed.
    Which suggests that he needs to have Fury installed to play online properly. I was just saying I don't think this is correct.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Well yeah, by rights he shouldn't need to, HD should work as a separate entity.
    But for Killakills86, and others previously, it hasn't.
    We still don't know if Age-R has exactly the same problem, it could just be his modem.
    Guess we will find out when he tries to connect his console online at his friends place.

PSN ID
    Killakills

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Killakills86 [POST #73 in the how to fix online problems thread] recently reported that he was still suffering this problem, but I'm not sure if he bothered to get the FURY DLC or not.
    I did get Fury, it being free was the main reason I got back into Wipeout. After redownloading from not being able to log in under my main account, I loaded up Wipeout on its own first and then again with the dlc, both still gave me the error. Age-R's problem sounds like it could be from his modem since he actually can get onto the servers.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I think I've found a way around this problem by accident.
    I found that I couldn't connect online myself for several days, so I though stuff it, I'll create a new user account and try that.[I've never had a second user account before]
    What I did was create a new user account but I forgot to register it with the PSN so it could be used online, I opened up HD/FURY with the new name, then tried to connect online.
    It did connect, but under my Blackwiggle PSNID, which it wouldn't do before.

Worth a try to those who are having the unable to connect problem.

Timezone
    GMT + 10

It's definately not the PSNID issue with me, I can always get onto the servers and join a game - its just I get randomly kicked out *during* games.

I have now tried the following:

- 2 x PS3's
    - 5 x ISP's
    - 2 x Modems

There is not a single common denominator, some cominbaitons work, some do not.

eg.

- Tested my PS3 on brothers connection, works perfectly.
    - Tested same PS3 on my home connection with *his* working router, does not work.
    - Tested second PS3 on same home connection, multiple routers, does not work.

It's not the ISP either as I have tested unsucessfully on different ISP connections.

I am certain it has something to do with the v3.66 System Update, as it was almost exactly at this time I started experiencing the problem. Prior to this everything was fine.

So I'm completely at a loss, if we could revert back to v3.65 would be easy to test if its indeed an update bug, but there is no way to revert a PS3 back is there ?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Importantly, have you managed to play on your home's ISP using any PS3 *at all*?

It sounds like it is an ISP issue from the examples you provided. If you have tested on the same ISP elsewhere and had it work, that doesn't count - only your home's connection does. If you're satisfied that you've exhausted all other options, I'd recommend calling your ISP and telling them about your problem. From the sounds of things, your only avenues for support are your ISP and perhaps Sony if it's a technical issue on their end with either a hardware fault, or some crazy networking issue.

Timezone
    GMT + 10

Hey guys ..

Just a quick update that my problem with Wipeout HD & network errors is over !!

v3.70 appears to have done the job, whatever Sony put into v3.66 (that first caused me the problems) and subsequently took out of v3.70 has worked I havent had a dropout in several races using exactly same home setup as before ..

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and help along the way !

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Can't connect to the WO server atm, just getting the "Connecting..." message. Anyone else having problems? I'm hoping they're doing maintenance on the leaderboards (wishful thinking I know).

Timezone
    GMT + 10

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel__Gaddafi View Post
    Can't connect to the WO server atm, just getting the "Connecting..." message. Anyone else having problems? I'm hoping they're doing maintenance on the leaderboards (wishful thinking I know).
    Aggh yes I am having the problem too !!! Just as they fixed the other issue now this ...

Anyone sussed out whats going on ?

EDIT: Ignore just saw the other post about the leaderboard update
    Last edited by Age_R; 1st September 2011 at 07:51 AM.