Thread: How would you like online multiplayer to work?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    billychanxtr33m

Default How would you like online multiplayer to work?

I started playing HD multiplayer again recently and was reminded how much I didn't like how it worked. With players hosting games it seems like you spend a lot more time waiting around than racing.... and even when you get a good couple of races going, it is never long before people start leaving.

I am not sure how SL is planing on doing the "online campaign," but I think online would benefit greatly from some sort of queue system at least for single race.

But that is just what I want, what do you all think would work best?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IndoorSnowStorm

Honestly I didn't mind the online in HD or Pulse, for that matter. For those that are impatient, there should be something like a dynamic ship viewer. Which lets you look around a ship in a hangar or something along those lines. An example would be something like here. Anything other than that would be too much, in my opinion.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Lightbulb Chat Lobby

They should include chat lobbies, therefore it is easier to set up games

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IndoorSnowStorm

Why didn't I think of that? Chat lobbies would make life a whole lot easier!
    Last edited by IndoorSnowStorm; 16th June 2011 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Just italicized 'would' :P

Allow the person hosting to play tt while they are waiting, but have a viewer so you can see if anyone has joined

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    Allow the person hosting to play tt while they are waiting
    yes. and the same if someone joins and a race is in progress. speed lap or something.

also i think someone mentioned a while ago about making an online racing game where you race against other peoples 'ghosts' could just muck about doing that in the wait before a 'real' race.
    like you join a race in progress and race say the first 2 laps of the competitors ghosts from that race, could also be a handy indication of whether your gonna get trounced or not and give you the option of chickening out

Love that idea,IF it doesn't slow down the game that is being played by the others. I think the game slows down when someone joins the lobby waiting for the game to end ( Lag I mean).