Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: The WZ Trophies

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Solid_Snake_NZ

I achieved Zone Valhalla on Mallavol XD. Zone 120 run and Zone 123. Best score currently on a Zone 119

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Wow. That's incredible Solid, congratulations. Any chance of a video?

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Solid_Snake_NZ

i have a picture. the score is definitely beatable and i might film a better run.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Colonel; 23rd August 2012 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Removed quotes - please read the forum rules

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Solid_Snake_NZ

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel__Gaddafi View Post
    Wow. That's incredible Solid, congratulations. Any chance of a video?
    Hope pictures show up. The Zone 119 scored 383.8k with 100 perfect and the Zone 123 scored 383.3k with 97 perfect

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Archon473

Wow, that's awesome! I can never survive Zone 60-70 on Mallavol due to the white-on-black color scheme. I can never keep track of the walls.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Solid_Snake_NZ

What is your highest zone achieved on any track?
    Last edited by Colonel; 23rd August 2012 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Removed quotes - please read the forum rules

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Archon473

I breached 75 on Syncopia. I can consistently pass 50 on a few tracks, Anulpha Reverse and Forward, Vineta K Reverse, and Mallavol was around 65. I was working on passing Zone 50 on all tracks but cut back on playing Playstation all together once I started my job. As a way of "training" myself for Zone Battle I wanted to reach Zone 50 on every track and, as I talked about in the Zoner's Challenge thread, attempt 20 "perfect score" laps on every track.

I am not naturally skilled at Zone. The challenge of the mode is to adjust to the increasing speed, yet I struggle with some of the half-speed classes. For example, I pilot worse in Super Zen than I do in Sub-Sonic. I suspect this is due to certain speeds being multiples-and-a-half of a speed. Sub-Rapier and Sub-Phantom feel just as weird but are slow enough to not matter as much.
    Last edited by Archon; 6th September 2012 at 10:54 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Solid_Snake_NZ

I find super zen blue distracting as well. I focus on the pure 4 mainly. I have some ok ish scores on other tracks- Anulpha 77 Metropia 42 Moa 53 Sebenco 41 Amphiseum 47

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Solid_Snake_NZ

did the lap zeus trophy get scrapped? i got 85lap on the zone 123 mallavol run (see pics from few posts ago). Who has gotten perfect lap zeus?! Thats crazy, my best is 62. Also why there 2 of this thread?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

i have a question about the trophy 'Zoned Out'
    is it legal to use reverse view to achieve the trophy?

PSN ID

Not at the moment, but it is okay to use a co-pilot giving you instructions. I'm going to test both tonight and I'll get back to you, might be worth changing it to include reverse view.

P.S I'll move these two posts to the discussion thread in the HD section. I know it's a bit fiddly jumping between the two threads, but it keeps the master thread nice and tidy.

PSN ID

Ok so I've done some testing and I'm convinced we should allow the reverse view for Zoned Out. I tried both methods, first with my eyes closed and my fiance directing me - got to Zone 7 twice then a Zone 8. I used airbrakes only because d-pad was too sharp.

Then I tried it on my own with my eyes open, but only using reverse view. This was again rock hard (because who's ever done Syncopia Reverse?), but after 3 attempts I got to Zone 9, and was beginning to learn the track a bit better.

So in conclusion, anybody who can do it blindfolded with a co-pilot deserves a medal (as does the co-pilot), but using reverse view will also be a hell of an achievement.

Thanks for the idea Jan

Edit - I'm up to Zone 12 after an hour or so of practice. It's mental, it takes so much concentration, if you relax for a second you forget where you are entirely. It's one of the daftest things I've done, but very addictive.

Edit - a few more runs this lunchtime, got to Zone 13, about 3 and a half laps completed. On one of my runs I got a perfect zone!

I'd like to do it this weekend if I can, but I'm not going to stop at Zone 15, I want to get to Phantom and get a perfect lap. This is the awesome, it really is. Come on guys, join me in backwards heaven

Edit - Got within 0.1 of a second, was kind of relieved I didn't make it to be honest as I wasn't recording - another perfect zone though:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Colonel; 7th September 2012 at 05:56 PM.

PSN ID

Check ma bad self! Loads of room for improvement (and I intend to do just that), but as a starting point...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMmeudb_B1c

Thought I'd post the link here as well as the master thread.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Solid_Snake_NZ

Lol colonel you just triple posted. Anyway yeh did u get rid of the perfect lap zeus thing because I have done 86laps on mallavol. A pic I posted earlier was proof of getting over 75. Also if I record getting zone 75 without crashing do i get that trophy too? Also surviving the grid is pretty easy, didn't u bear witness to me doing that on mallavol lol?
    Last edited by Solid; 10th September 2012 at 11:50 AM.

PSN ID

I think we may have got rid of the 75 perfect laps trophy yes, there were a few that were kind of similar, I can't find it in the current list anyway.

Yes, do record getting to zone 75 without crashing. It's a harder trophy than I gave it credit for, one lapse in concentration and you've wasted 10 minutes.

Surviving the grid is pretty tough because a full grid is rare in Zone Battle. Sadly there wasn't a full grid when we raced at Mallavol, only 6 or 7 players.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Solid_Snake_NZ

oh I thought it was just 75 laps, my most perfect laps is 65. I have got to zone 78 before crashing on 2 occasions, ill record it . Its hard to get full lobby ZBs unfortunately.

Just realised, looking through the list of these outright absurd trophies, that my latest accomplishment actually matches one of the criteria!

King of the Hill: Clear Zone 50 on Sebenco Climb
    Video proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLuLcPxgKHo
    Last edited by Snake55wildcat; 13th January 2013 at 10:31 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

That link directs me to the Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec Intro.

Oh dear your right! I dont know how that happened, quite embarassing huh..
    the link is fixed now, sorry about that xD

PSN ID

Snake, I have added your name to the official trophy list, which can be found in the Arena section here: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...tZone-trophies