Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E3 wipeout 2048 trailer.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Default E3 wipeout 2048 trailer.

Timezone
    GMT -5

it looks like more of HD. i didn't like the HD mechanics.

i like what i see..i want to see more now ..good find..many thanks for posting..

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Looks SO much like FUSION.
    Take a look at this Fusion Video from .29-.32 on the first lap.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaAqUbzyMR8

Now compare it to the 2048 trailer at .28 -.32 [ironic the video marker times are nearly identical as well ]
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...ut-2048/715069

The only difference between the two tracks is that this was obviously a well water park in 2048 [since this a prequel].
    Flash forward 127 years to 2175 -WO FUSION, and the same place is a dust bowl.

Makes me wonder just how many other familiar sites we might recognize from FUSION or other Wipeouts for that matter appear in 2048
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 14th June 2011 at 12:32 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Dr-fresh21

See there trying to make it consistant with the future wipout series!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

The red and white arrows marking every slight curve in that video make me gag.
    Okay, not quite, but close! It looks like "Tracks for dummies". So I should be all set!

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Looks SO much like FUSION.
    Take a look at this Fusion Video from .29-.32 on the first lap.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaAqUbzyMR8

Now compare it to the 2048 trailer at .28 -.32 [ironic the video marker times are nearly identical as well ]
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...ut-2048/715069

The only difference between the two tracks is that this was obviously a well water park in 2048 [since this a prequel].
    Flash forward 127 years to 2175 -WO FUSION, and the same place is a dust bowl.
    I'm not seeing this. Am I looking in the right place? Can you explain the details of the similarities (not doubting you, I'm just finding it hard to see - probably staring me in the face).

PSN ID
    RozPT

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    The red and white arrows marking every slight curve in that video make me gag.
    Okay, not quite, but close! It looks like "Tracks for dummies". So I should be all set!
    Indeed it bothers me also, plus they're ugly. But to be honest, at very high speeds I guess we won't even see them.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Dogg Thang, it's the Florian Heights track from FUSION, or part of, well that's how it appears to me as it was a unique track in any of the wipeouts and was the only track that had a sections that could be considered "Off Road".

It's the portion of the tracks where the craft are turning right going across a grassy area of park and up a small hill in the VITA version.
    In the VITA version it looks like a race playback view, 3rd person, where the Fusion video is in race mode, which is why you might not be seeing the similarities.

That same track in Fusion is bare dirt and a lot of dust is being stirred up by the craft so it's not quite as obvious, but the track takes the same general line and the contours are similar.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

If anyone was curious, the song in the trailer is School of Funk by Dirtyloud
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcqXE9fakn4

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    abukii

Cool

Studio Liverpool, eh? I thought they disbanned SL...am I missing something? regardless, it looks amazing!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

No they never disbanded, it's just Sony, who owns SL retrenched a lot of long term staff in Jan last year, then rehired some of the same staff to make 2048.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

yeah, my friend chris told me about this.

funny i was watching the E3 show and didn't even hear about this.

but how much is the new psp going to cost. 400 bucks and get the game with it? ha

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

The PS Vita was announced to be priced at 249 USD, 299 for the version with 3G

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Hmm.. so a prE WipEout [One]

One thing that bugs me, it's supposedly in the "near future." It looks too futuristic, we should be seeing a cross between wipeout(1), Wip3out and original starwars. The tracks need to look more current with slight futuristic tweaks. It does look and somewhat feel(from the videos anyway) like Wipeout HD/Fury and Fusion had a love child and 2048 is what came out.
    I just feel that it should look grittier. Almost ..formula 1 meets the Redbull air races...with weapons.

Also, this Vita is a phone as well? Can I develop for it, y'know as an open platform ..thing - like android?
    Last edited by q_dmc12; 25th June 2011 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Wait, what?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

I doubt it dmc, considering this is Sony.
    Wonder who will be the carrier in Canada, since its either rogers or bell that I'd be stuck with. Really don't think I would get the 3G model but I'd hate to sell my self short if it becomes critically important. This whole challenge those closes to you seem great but unless your on wifi then its gonna be a pretty lonely.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    abukii

Its not a phone. Its rumored to have Skype though As for developing for it, its a bit of a nightmare to get the dev kit. You need an actual business and you then apply for the kit. If you get in, its A LOT of money for the soft/ hardware.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

Sorry to dredge up an old thread (and with an old username at that ) but I was watching through some trailers earlier on the PS3 and saw the E3 2011 trailer for wipeout 2048... the start of which looks remarkably like part of the wipeout 2097/XL trailer to me.

I have hunted around but can't see any other references to people thinking this, but I think it looks like an homage.

Does anyone else think that 0:24 - 0:39 of the wipeout 2097/XL intro is echoed in 0:11 - 0:24 of the E3 2011 trailer for wipeout 2048?

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Very clever find especially that track are so similar to each other! I did`nt expect you to find it that way!!!

stevie

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Lee Carus had a lot to do with both of them.

To me the 2048 trailer looks like the unreleaed WipEout Trinity concept trailer that Lee and his team put together back in early 2007. Maybe the Bladerunner-esque pouring rain & neon city drop is Lee's "director's trademark", like Michael Bay's jangling keys and slow-motion of the ensemble cast walking towards the camera?

I'll ask him about it. Actually, I wonder if they'd ever release that WipEout Trinity concept video - the idea for the game was flawed, I think, but the rendered concept video was fantastic. To my mind it was like if Pixar chose to make a WipEout movie.