Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zone Hell!

Does anyone have any handy hints for Zone mode cos I'm simply stuck on Mandrashee 3 (the second level) and I am always dying around Zone 24-27 and it is so annoying!!!!

Nearly got all gold on Challenge and time trial so this is really doing my swede!!

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Yeah - me too.

It's the last two corners and the hard left as you come up from the underwater tunnel that always seem to catch me. Even on the first lap!

Strangely I make fewer mistakes as it gets to around zone 20 or so - I find the slower speeds catch me out. But the damage is usually done by then.

I'm thinking of borrowing a NegCon from work to try and give me some more control.

PSN ID
    Vic_Viper_1985

Seeing as how i am top of that league at the moment (im really chuffed about it actually rin: ) i feel i must try to answer this one. umm first of all a little tip (im not sure if it actually works though) if you hold down the down button (while steering) it seems to improve it especially on the upward spiral coming out of the tube (foxy). its very hard to give more tips (im no good at this sort of thing) but ill try anyhow. try to avoid some of the speed up pads at the end of the underwater cavern (not the tube) as this will help on the tricky turns after them (this will lower your score in the long run but i still prefer to do it). Thats all i can think of at the moment but ill try to come up with some more asap.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: As Heaven Is Wide on 2002-02-13 12:51 ]</font>

:fox, it's the same for me. I've got golds everywhere but in the zone. And if it is so difficoult the second sector, I don't want to think how tough can be sector 10! :

:heaven, my congratulations... Which sector have you reached?

PSN ID
    Vic_Viper_1985

Call me chris or widey if theres more than one (thanks for that infox) and ive done everything in the game 100%

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: As Heaven Is Wide on 2002-02-13 12:57 ]</font>

Whoa, Chris! :

PSN ID
    Vic_Viper_1985

Hehe thanx for the : but i think i few people have done 100%

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Still - top marks, I've been playing it for over a month (granted only during my lunch hour for most of it) and I'm only at around 62%!

PSN ID
    Vic_Viper_1985

Thats not bad for an hour a day though. i think i might be playing it too much.....na hehe

congratulations, Chris.

i am definitely not playing it enough; i've
    made no progress at all! :

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lance on 2002-02-13 17:21 ]</font>

PSN ID
    Vic_Viper_1985

Thanks lance and everyone else who has/will congratulate me (although i dont see why (unless its about my zone mode scores :smile: ))

P.S I really hope youre joking

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: As Heaven Is Wide on 2002-02-13 20:12 ]</font>

i'm sorta joking; i'm a Fusionless North American.

hahaha, doing my swede? hehe, funny expression, how/what does it mean and originate from?

On 2002-02-13 12:55, UncleZeiv wrote:
    :fox, it's the same for me. I've got golds everywhere but in the zone. And if it is so difficoult the second sector, I don't want to think how tough can be sector 10! :
    Muahahahaha, You sux big time :smile

This is not a question, this's my signature!
    Dado, are you spanish?

Hey! This one seems to be a wipeout developer... only people from the moon could have coded such a sucking respawn (not to mention autopilot!!!) :razz:

PSN ID
    Vic_Viper_1985

How are you doing in the game then dado?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I think he's finished it... literally! :wink:

PSN ID
    Vic_Viper_1985

"i dont get it" (quoting fomr homer simpson)lol

P.S I just noticed but it never says when youre on the board infox (so im not always alone :smile: lol)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: As Heaven Is Wide on 2002-02-14 10:57 ]</font>

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Because I'm on my computer at work I don't have it set up to keep me logged in. (Wouldn't want to be misrepresented by some sly individual...)

That's why I always show as a Guest. :smile:

PSN ID
    Vic_Viper_1985

Ahhhhh i see. whats it like there anyway?

P.S i just noticed ur name on there now, i also just noticed how often i stray from the subject.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: As Heaven Is Wide on 2002-02-14 11:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: As Heaven Is Wide on 2002-02-14 11:24 ]</font>