Hi there!

I recently downloaded Wipeout HD as part of the Welcome Back Package and I have to say I am loving it so far - a great game that I should already have had in my PS3 collection before now.

I am getting a slight issue however which I wonder if anyone has seen before and/or can comment on...

I'm in the online lobby just before a race (or indeed anywhere in the game menus), I hit the PS button to take a quick look at my FL or to comment in an open chat room, I hit the PS button to return to Wipeout, about 3 seconds later the whole game freezes for around 7-8 seconds and then unfreezes and carries on as normal. Quite often, the race will just be about to start and I will return to the game just in time for it to freeze for 8 seconds on the starting grid - not too good as everyone then gets an 8 second head start on me! Once the game unfreezes then I can continue to race normally. This is happening each and every time I press the PS button to leave Wipeout for the XMB and then press the PS button to return to the game. This doesn't happen with any of my other PS3 games.

It took me a while to nail down exactly what my symptoms were and I'm wondering if anyone has seen or heard of this problem before?

Thanks for any advice.