Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WipEout 2048 facts

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Default WipEout 2048 facts

Lots of speculation going on right now, so I thought I could share some facts I found. Of course these can change within in the next months, but anyway. This thread could also serve as a place where we collect all the game facts so they don’t get lost in all the other threads. Just an idea.

So:

Ben alias G’Kyl says on 4players.de that there will be five teams with four different ships.
    Each ship has special attributes: fast, agile, strong or a prototype with a unique feature. That makes 20 ships in total as confirmed by Studio Liverpool.
    Ben says there are old and new teams in; but I assume that it’s Auricom, Feisar, Qirex, AG-Systems and Piranha (spelt „Pir-Hana“ as seen in the trailer).

Sideshift is a part of the game and handling feels much like HD. Barrel rolls are in. Pilot assist is improved to avoid ping-pong-bouncing.

I did not want to „steal“ Ben’s information, just wanted to share it with those who cannot read German. I would be glad if Ben can tell us even more about the game

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Maybe we can do a list of known features and edit it (like blackwiggle do on transcendance's thread) when news are updated :

- 10 tracks with different routes on each.
    - 20 ships - One prototype with unique feature among 4 ships for each 5 teams : Feisar, AG-System, Qirex, Auricom, Pir-Hana.
    - sideshifts on
    - BRs on
    - Pilot assist on (improved for lesser pinball effect)
    - Super Phantom's speed class makes his entry on the franchise on classic modes.
    - 2 sorts of weapon pads : yellow ones for agressive weapons, at least 4 different green items for defense (4 icons seen ATM).
    - New weapons (not shown yet)
    - Wider tracks with magstrips on some places.
    - Crossplay with Wipeout users on PS3.
    - Motion control, voice's activation for weapons, thrust can also be controled with the touch rear pad.
    - Full online campaign.
    - New modes (not known yet, some for hardcore players).
    - 60 fps ? or 30 fps ?

Debut city (longest gameplay video i saw ATM) : http://www.vandal.net/video/16224/ju...dal-tv-e3-2011
    Feel free to edit and correct the list when features are added or confirmed/infirmed
    Last edited by leungbok; 13th June 2011 at 11:54 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Nice find. *g* You're welcome to "steal" that kind of information anytime, of course!

I'm afraid there isn't much more I gathered "on site". Hardly had enough time, and couldn't get to the game a second time as I left the line for another guy who hadn't had hands-on time before. Silly, I know.

Here's something that's not in the article:
    - Zone Mode is in, but looks apparently different than in HD
    - not all ship types are able to use all kinds of pick-ups
    - I believe Vector is out - not 100% sure, though
    - no reverse tracks atm

Ben

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Zix-Xer

im pretty sure that i heard a dev guy say: a new gameplay mode will involve that every pilot gets a diverent mission. so one needs to finish 2e one needs to kill 3 players etc.

not sure what to think of that mode yet exept that it will have more pilots at the same place at the track.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

2048 contains a full VITA version of HD/FURY with in it.
    It's only the HD/FURY portion of 2048 that will be cross play compatible with the PS3, not any of the new tracks etc.
    If a PS3 playable version of 2048 comes out who knows, but I've read nothing about this anywhere, and I've been searching furuiously

The Campaign is online and every racer will be given a different challenge to complete in the same race.

All tracks are 3 tiered, with the lowest level set graphically close to present day, and then the levels get more futuristic as the craft race up the sides of the buildings.

This seems to remind my sort of how FUSION opened up.
    Those who played it, remember each track in FUSION had 3 different lengths? you started with the shortest one and as you progressed through Campaign the other sections slowly opened up one by one.
    I guess 2048 will be the same, except this time the tiers/levels of the same track open up as you progress, instead of the track getting longer.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by ZixXer View Post
    im pretty sure that i heard a dev guy say: a new gameplay mode will involve that every pilot gets a diverent mission. so one needs to finish 2e one needs to kill 3 players etc.
    Yes and no. Races will still be about being the fastest, however each pilot will have different "secondary objectives", which also earn you XP.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    2048 contains a full VITA version of HD/FURY with in it.
    It won't be all tracks. Which ones and how many, I was told, is still in the open. But yes, crossplay only with the HD part of the game.

All AFAIR.

Ben

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

The game was confirmed to run at 30 FPS in the Eurogamer preview.

Also confirmed from that interview, but not with concrete (read: visual) evidence is that Altima VII is included as the final track.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

- 10 tracks with 3 different routes on each (fusion like).
    - 20 ships - One prototype with unique feature among 4 ships for each 5 teams : Feisar, AG-System, Qirex, Auricom, Pir-Hana.
    - sideshifts on
    - BRs on
    - Super Phantom's speed class makes his entry on the franchise on classic modes.
    - 2 sorts of weapon pads : yellow ones for agressive weapons, at least 4 different green items for defense (4 icons seen ATM).
    - Item pickups will be different depending of the ship used (fusion like).
    - Longer & Wider tracks with magstrips on some places.
    - Motion control, voice's activation for weapons, thrust can also be controled with the touch rear pad.
    - Full online campaign with different challenges for each pilot on the same race.
    - Runs at 30 fps
    - Altima VII included

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    il_mago_di_Doz

"fastest lap challenge" 1 vs 1 online

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

- 10 tracks with 3 different routes on each (fusion like).
    - sideshifts on
    - BRs on
    - Item pickups will be different depending of the ship used (fusion like).
    - Longer & Wider tracks with magstrips on some places.
    - Full online campaign with different challenges for each pilot on the same race.
    - Runs at 30 fps
    - Altima VII included
    - Fastest lap challenge, 1 vs 1 online

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SomeWhiteNoise

you should probably edit your, luengbok, instead of posting over and over. you're going to annoy the mods + any psp viewers if you keep that up.

isnt 30fps a bit of a bad thing..i thought that was gone when i was like 10 years old and ps1 was at its peak..

can someone explain why i think 3fps is a bad thing and correct me if i am wrong..

rest of it sounds ..

i like voice activation..

that means i can shoot a rocket whilst im in my kitchen making tea or in the bath..

ill put auto pilot on use blu tak on the thrust button and turn up volume and when i hear a ship ill say..FIRE ROCKETS...cool i love that concept
    kinda like firefox film apart from you dont need to know russian to activate weapons..

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I noticed the similarities between 2048 and the identical track section in FUSION 127 years later.[It's Florion Heights]
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...76&postcount=4
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 14th June 2011 at 12:50 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

yeah, I don't like that it's running at 30 FPS, to date only two Wipeout games have hit 60

Fusion (NTSC) and HD/Fury

now to be fair, there were limitations on the PS1 and PSP hardware...and the PS2 was a "lost generation" for this series

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I'll say it again. Pulse can run up to 60FPS, and will do so in Time Trial majoritarily for example. Hence the easier barrel rolls.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    you should probably edit your, leungbok, instead of posting over and over
    Idea is anyone adding a new stuff uses the list with his found !
    People scarcely look at the first post of a thread to check latests infos.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    hunterx848

any news about customizing the ship skins like in pulse?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

The most important feature of this game, for me, would be it having 60fps. This makes me sad.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It might only run at 30fps on the VITA to conserve battery charge.
    I would think any PS3 version [If it is to happen] would have to be the same as HD/FURY- 60fps.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

Problem is I dont see a ps3 version happening , not for a long time...

If its about battery consumption it should be an option.