Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will VITA/2048 revitalize PURE & PULSE online

Malton (between Brampton and Mississauga. Literally) ,Ontario,Canada
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

Sony should know people with psp's have at least one awesome UMD game. It's kinda a waste to buy the same game but on a flash card, and it's gonna be more expensive! Sony should make PSV have an external UMD drive you buy seperately (now I don't need to sell all my psp games when upgrading to PSV!). One more thing with MS(P)Ds, what are we going to do with them?

PSN ID
    jesse9705

it's kinda bugging me how they are going too practically make it so we will have too re-buy our game's if we want too use them on the vita '-_- , And what's even more annoying is that they will probably shut down most of the online game server's for the PSP

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Which means if I get one I should be able to use it like a Mini PS3, hooked up to a TV and use a PS3 controller.
    In this video (sorry it's in french) they speak of an hdmi port !
    http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2011/0...ation-vita.htm

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

While I've heard that the Vita's features are not 100% keyed in, I'm afraid that HDMI-out is officially stated to not be present (or in fact any video output of any kind):

Quote Originally Posted by Sony
    Q: Do you have any plans to introduce a video output cable? Will PS Vita have HDMI output?

A: No, PS Vita does not have a video output feature.
    Source:
    http://us.playstation.com/support/an....htm?a_id=2254

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Yeah but they don't only speaks of an hdmi port on the vid, they show it (at 1.50) ! ...So...except if it's some enhanced prototype...
    Last edited by leungbok; 30th June 2011 at 02:29 PM.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

I think that that's some developers' version of the Vita. The port probably won't be there for the consumer version, and Sony "confirmed" that the Vita won't do video-out on the official blog.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    BulletWraith

Quote Originally Posted by feisar rocket View Post
    It's kinda a waste to buy the same game but on a flash card, and it's gonna be more expensive! Sony should make PSV have an external UMD drive you buy seperately
    more Expensive?!, an external UMD drive, that would be expensive and lower the battery life even more.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    futureproof2011

Slightly off-topic:

Does anyone remember when the PSP GO was announced? At first, Sony said it was working on a solution to convert one's UMDs into a digital format so that it would be playable on the GO. Not only did they fail to figure out how to do this and never delivered, but often times, some newly released games wouldn't even be available to buy from the PSN on the day of release (not to mention if you have a GO, you can't import games from other regions). Sony had (has!) no idea what they are doing.

As someone said above, their business practices, at times, are downright reprehensible. They should just keep everything relatively open like they did with the PS3.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

The thing with not all games appearing on the PSN isn't entirely Sony's fault, to be fair. The publishers don't have to put their games up there, and Sony can't force them to, although they could probably do a lot more to persuade them. There's absolutely no excuse for first party games not appearing on there though. Such as the Wipeout Pulse DLC not being on the US PSN...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Nobody force people to sale or throw out the window his PSP to get a PS Vita

And if you don't want move with 2 portable systems, a lot of PSP games cost 7€99 on PSStore, Pure & Pulse are part of those.

It's not a bad deal since my second UMD of WipEout Pure have broken. (I broke the first two years ago)

I just have to hope PlayStation Network won't be attacked once more time until PS Vita will be available.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmadSmartAlex View Post
    Such as the Wipeout Pulse DLC not being on the US PSN...
    Still the biggest sticking point for me with my PSP. One of the few games I enjoy on it and they jip me on content purely based on my region.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

?

It better from all the so call technology and engineering in to the thing.

All the so call add to add on the game and features

Both the new playstation portable console and the game better

And better yet, for the year 2048 and how many teams including the original four.
    Seems like somebody decided to rewrite a story or still build on it.