Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Time Wipeout'er, New Time Onliner

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It depends on playing style.
    Ramming on purpose IMHO is not good racing etiquette.
    Weapons are to be used or absorbed, it's part and parcel of the game, I must admit to once or twice with other forum members here, ganging up on particular racers who have been sending rude, boastful, insulting, or sin of sins- accusations of cheating messages after races.

There is an old thread somewhere in the HD section about PITA none zone pilots who send messages after races like that, some funny stuff in it.

Turning around in a race and waiting for the front runner so you can shoot at then is not on, god help anybody I find doing that [I've only had one fool so far], I will make a point of remembering your name, find a room you are in, join, send the game invites out, and then you will know what it is like to get ganged up on by elite zone pilots.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Well, if you're, say, a level 10 player in a Triakis, competing with a level 34 player in an Icaras Fury, then I'd say ramming, even on purpose, is totally acceptable.

Perhaps not the most polite in society, but certainly not objectionable.

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    jaminjack

All the new rooms full of beginning racers. I wish you all the best of luck.

To the rest of us. We are going to have to deal with this again. When SONY releases the PS VITA with cross platform play. The rooms will be once again over flowing with new racers.

I am at the point where I'm fairly fast and can fly some perfect laps at Phantom speeds. All while flying internal view.

I never liked the exterior (NO SKILL REQUIRED) flying. Yes you can ram crank your pitch to do barrel rolls easier.

Purposely Ramming is considered by some to be ok. REALLY?

Ramming is NOT allowed in F1, NASCAR, or any other racing body.

HOLD YOUR RACING LINE. Yes there will be bumping and trading paint. That's what happens at 100 mph plus on a tight track.

THAT'S RACING

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by jaminjack View Post
    I never liked the exterior (NO SKILL REQUIRED) flying
    Exterior view for cheaters then ?
    That one is huge !!

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    jaminjack

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    Exterior view for cheaters then ?
    That one is huge !!
    YES

That's the difference between driving a car ( INTERNAL VIEW) and watching a car being driven on television (EXTERNAL VIEW) lol
    Last edited by jaminjack; 11th June 2011 at 07:09 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I use internal view, always have, which make ramming people on purpose pretty much out of the question unless you are constantly watching the proximity alert with the HD HUD, even then it would be a 60% guess.
    It also not the best for doing barrel rolls.
    But it gives me the feeling of really being in a race, where either of the outer views seem to me more like playing with toy cars.

The view you choose to use determines the way you race it seems, probably subconsciously, there's not the same connection as when using internal view.
    Outer view racers don't get the urge to scream out "Hey, you Arsehole, there's somebody in here" like I do when I get slammed [Sebenco's the worse for this, it's like being in a washing machine some times]

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Strangely i find external view more immersive (also third person for action/shooting games). I find first person view in games so close and paradoxally so far of real sensations. I can better identify with an avatar/car/ship i can see (his moves, speed, design), probably because i'm a visual guy !

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Augmentator

Quote Originally Posted by jaminjack View Post

Ramming is NOT allowed in F1, NASCAR, or any other racing body.
    So they've added machine guns and rockets to F1 recently? XD I never knew it was so similar to Wipeout.

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    jaminjack

Sorry
    Last edited by jaminjack; 12th June 2011 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Read the rules: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/announcement.php?f=18

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Augmentator

It's cool.