Thread: A message for new WipEoutZone members

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Lightbulb A message for new WipEoutZone members

Looks like some of you are in too much of a hurry to read the rules, primarily:

Quote only that part of a post that you are replying to. If you reply to the post that is just ahead of your reply, do not quote at all, unless the replied-to post is very large, and you are commenting only on a small part of it, and you need to quote in order to make clear what you are commenting on. The purpose of these quotation rules is to avoid confusing clutter on the page so that it can be more quickly and easily read.

I've already edited several posts this evening. These were your freebies. From now on there will be infractions handed out.

Thanks in advance for keeping the forum as tidy as it was when you found it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Ha that's true, but you know maybe you should sticky this cause I think it will get lost under the mountain of potential new threads

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Chet_BG

Or we can just spam it, so it always stays on top xD

PSN ID
    infoxicated

The forum rules are always at the top, but they seem to go unnoticed by new members.

Hopefully they'll read this thread... people seem to get awfully offended when they get an infraction, despite being the one who broke the rules in the first place.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Ha, I remember feeling very indignant getting an "Unnecessary Quotation" warning from Saturn when I first arrived here. But the rules do keep the forum in order, it would be a nightmare trawling through a 20 page thread of double posts, quotes and off-topic ramblings otherwise.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Chet_BG

Absolutely the same with me. In my first post here I quoted the post above and got a warning from Saturn xD
    But these are the rules and they are here for a reason.
    BTW, good game last night

PSN ID
    infoxicated

With another clutch of new registrations overnight, I think it's time to bump this again.

Quote only that part of a post that you are replying to. If you reply to the post that is just ahead of your reply, do not quote at all, unless the replied-to post is very large, and you are commenting only on a small part of it, and you need to quote in order to make clear what you are commenting on. The purpose of these quotation rules is to avoid confusing clutter on the page so that it can be more quickly and easily read.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

I think this little piece of absolute brilliance belongs here too!

Hellfire has made an absolutely great beginners tutorial for all you new players out there. I strongly urge you to watch it from start to finish as it will really give you a very good idea of how to get started.

Hellfire's beginners guide to WipEout HD Fury an absolute must see for all you new members! (I in fact urge everyone to watch it, you wont regret it.)

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I'm bumping this again because there are new folk ignoring the rules here.

Scroll to the top. Read. Understand. Avoid getting infractions. Everybody wins.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Sorry, I just had to
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 26th June 2011 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Deleted quote. Stop confusing the n00bs. Dx

Haha I remember my first post here, broke 4 rules and Saturn was not happy.. I like the rules that force decluttering, makes it easier for everyone

Thanks @Oryx Crake for that link, I think that'll help me a lot

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Rapidkirby3000

Since I am one of the fairly new members at WipeoutZone, I'll try my best to remember to use the quote button when necessary from now on.