Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to Wipeout; looking for some people to add.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Couldn't agree more DP, for somebody that has been playing a couple of weeks, VERY impressive. Looks like the Wipeout / Mario Kart comparisons are fairer than some may like to think

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

it's not wrong to call wipEout the 'evolution' of mario kart.
    or u can say it's a merger between mario kart + f-zero.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

I'm hoping a few other mkwii friends take hold of this game also, there should be more good pilots in that mix...

PSN ID
    Darox94

Hey. New to HD but ace at Pulse (zone 98, yak yak yak). Add me

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Qgstkpnjtp

mkw is nothing at all like this game really... mkw is all about item skill and strategy with a side of lowering airtime as much as possible, wipeout's about lines, shortcuts and energy management with a side of dodging bombs. I'm not sure which I like better to be honest, but the luck factor in mkw can lead to a lot of frustration.

srsly to be successful at mkw you only need to be within a couple seconds of world records. in wipeout, that's a pretty big deal. in mkw, the difference between a world record and a noob using the fastest character is a few seconds, or an extra hit by a red shell.

anyway, once E3's over, some more mkw players should be coming across. keep an eye out. =D

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Augmentator

I can vouche for that. I'm an old MarioKart pro but this is a whole new beast. There are similarities but too different all the same. In my opinion, Wipeout is better. Faster, more aggressive, more precision-based. Only downside is harder to learn. But for the adamant, it's a diamond in the rough.

Oh and feel free to add me. I'm no pro and don't play online yet, but I'm nearly confident enough to. I'll be on by next week at this rate. I look forward to the challenge. And the losses. XD

Timezone
    GMT -5

Imagine if Studio Liverpool could pull off a '9tendo' team in Wipeout legally. Imagine what the ship skins could look like. Beyond plain old 'gold skins' as awards, there would be 'starpower skins', and ships with 8-bit designs.

For bonus points, it would be cross-multiplayer b/w Vita, 3DS, PS3 and Wii-U.

[EDIT]
    For any mkw players out there, my wii code is now visible from my 'biography' area in my profile (there's no area for wii code specifically). message me if you want to see how a real wipeout player plays mario kart wii.
    Last edited by siriusglee; 11th June 2011 at 04:53 AM. Reason: added wii code revelation

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

Bad form... Well some tactics are more accepted depending on speed class on phantom stopping to shoot the person behind you is usually frowned upon and so is active ramming probably because you lose a lot more time because of that stuff in phantom than in the slower speed classes. But I mean its all up to the individual player. Though some people might not want to race with violent players. Im a bit... How should I put it? I dont care much except for the stopping to shoot someone on phantom races mostly cause it intentionally ruins the race of the other person.

Mostly though its all do unto others as you would like them to do to you.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Qgstkpnjtp

Quote Originally Posted by siriusglee View Post
    For any mkw players out there, my wii code is now visible from my 'biography' area in my profile (there's no area for wii code specifically). message me if you want to see how a real wipeout player plays mario kart wii.
    if you're looking for people to add, better to try mariokartwii.com.

anyway I'm gonna start adding people now that I can drive phantom without killing myself

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Quote Originally Posted by Oryx Crake View Post
    I dont care much except for the stopping to shoot someone on phantom races mostly cause it intentionally ruins the race of the other person.
    Chances are, if you're trying to do this in a phantom race with semi-skilled opponents, that they'll simply evade and outrun you. You brake, you lose

Or at least, that what happens to me whenever I try to be clever