Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Influx of new players....

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    NX-01 StarClass: alias (Old Scholz Playa)

Quote Originally Posted by Frailavi View Post
    I really don't like how all of them open "Tournament" rooms just to quit after the first race anyways. I keep hoping to find 1 or 2 pilots who stick 'till the end so I can thank them and show them WOZ.... but it still hasn't happened yet. At least on the Tourney12's. I remember picking up the game not all too long ago. I just did about 10 speed laps on the forward tracks and then racebox/campaign'd them. But you really won't know how good you know the track until you race someone like DP, yeldar, Tarqin, KGB, or other experienced pilots on it. So I think Online Phantom is the best way to master a track, but not really for first picking it up. Also, ask questions to those experienced pilots. There are some little things that can make a significant difference.
    I agree. Hell, I'm still learning from the experienced pilots; shortcuts, rocking barrel rows, racing lines, etc.. I've messaged talked to at least two newbies about needing to practices, racing with "AP off" will get them better with time. Told them about not getting too frustrated in the begining about not placing on the winners platform every race. Added them to my friends listing for racing together whenever. Will mention this forum next time.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Clon3-Command3r

Shortcuts? Care to tell me some of them? I haven't noticed any yet.

I'm someone who doesn't care about winning every race. I just go for a top 4 finish. Though winning is nice of course. Bi-winning is even better. (Had to throw that in!)
    Last edited by infoxicated; 6th June 2011 at 08:12 PM. Reason: unnecessary quotation removed

PSN ID
    firstdave/Astropulser

A good source of learning is to watch some shortcut vids of WO HD on youtube.

Dave.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

A warm welcome to all the newcomers. Hope you'll realize you missed one of the best game ever made

Remember one thing; there's no spoon, and you can definitely handle phantom class. Practice is the key. And hell yeah, 793 Km/h (wth of course boost accelerations at 1200 lol), THAT'S SOMETHING.

The X1 stuff looks like karting compared to that, believe me.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID

Quote Originally Posted by Clon3-Command3r View Post
    Shortcuts? Care to tell me some of them? I haven't noticed any yet. I'm someone who doesn't care about winning every race. I just go for a top 4 finish. Though winning is nice of course. Bi-winning is even better. (Had to throw that in!)
    Best place to learn about shortcuts is youtube. Just type in the subject and you wil find many videos on the subject. All are not easy to pull off. Just practice and watch other experience players online.
    Last edited by NX-01; 6th June 2011 at 06:02 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

And Leungbok, thanks replying to me on PSN, I'll check out your Youtube acct and figure out how to use Syncopia in online races
    My pleasure ! I have also some shortcut videos on the channel !
    About that, when a newcomer asks you tips there's a great youtube channel to advice them :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/WipeoutZ.../0/5f7NJ0Wd1-o

And fot racing tips a great stuff courtesy of Saturnreturn : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzo903Qr7lo

Later, for almost impossible tricks : http://www.youtube.com/user/pirhapac#g/u
    Last edited by leungbok; 6th June 2011 at 06:08 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    PEPEDA

Tons of straight races and tournaments....not too much eliminator rooms....

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    It's raining newbies, it's HUGE!!
    Heck, I better download 'HD quick whilst the new pilots are still below my level!

There have been a heck of a lot of new accounts on here over the weekend and today - usually 50% are spammers, but the last few days it's been real folk.

Nice!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

BTW, are all those single race times I see where people do an entire race in like 29 secounds legit?
    No ! glitched times ! Maybe spectator mode's bug.

Timezone
    GMT -8

Hey guys, another "Welcome Back" player signing in. Just wanted to say "Hi" and express my absolute love for this game. I played the first Wipeout on PSX and a little of Pulse but WOW! playing this on a big screen with HD visuals is insane. I'm hooked. I'm already 1/2 to 3/4 done the HD campaign and have a fair amount of online races under my belt (majority wins). Although I started feeling bad and threw a good amount of races to some early level dudes cuz I know how much it sucks constantly losing in racing games.

One thing im wondering: Where's all my Triakis brothers at?? Drifting this tank around the circuit is soo goddamn fun. I'll see how it goes at the higher speed ratings but I'm guessing i'll have to switch to Piranha/Icarus to stay competitive.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Welcome skunk! Not many pilots play the heavier weighted ships, just out of preference I guess.

The stats on the ships don't make a huge difference. Just find a ship that you like for its looks and handling then you're set!
    Last edited by infoxicated; 6th June 2011 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Unnecessary quotation removed.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

Man, Im so glad to see some pilots really taking to this game...I'm advertising the zone in my psn comment hoping to bring more people here that really wanna learn and improve their piloting. i think I even posted ove ron other forums about this place!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID

Quote Originally Posted by skunk View Post
    One thing im wondering: Where's all my Triakis brothers at?? Drifting this tank around the circuit is soo goddamn fun. I'll see how it goes at the higher speed ratings but I'm guessing i'll have to switch to Piranha/Icarus to stay competitive.
    You are so right! It's a tank. It's looks good with the Fury skin. I did use last night against the new pliots, but I prefer "Mirage" must often. Try them all, it's a matter of taste. Hell, I get beat all the time with heavy (tug boats) from the experience players. Enjoy and I'm sure we will meet up soon on line. Look for ViperDroid, NX-01 or Warp-5 in front of you.

Timezone
    GMT -8

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! You all seem like a very mature group which is both surprising and awesome. I'll definitely look out for you guys, I'll be the lone Triakis shooting for podium!

also, are there any unspoken rules of the road or specific racing etiquette that I should know about?

ex:
    -grinding up on people
    -dropping bombs just before the finish line (my mario kart instincts tell me to do it but it feels dirty in this game)

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID

1. grinding up on people is natural, just don't be a dick about it.

2. dropping bombs at the finish with more than a five second lead is a: dick
    but - dropping a bomb in a heated close race is called an competitive edge.

3. Never accuse anyone of cheating - just because they beat you with more than a 10 sec lead is not cheating, but skill, master of the game physics & experiences. Hell I will never get over "Blackwiggle beating me that bad"
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 7th June 2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: .

Damn, I feel bad. Before the weekend I only had about 12 wins online (and they took a lot of hard work to get), now I've got over 50.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Qgstkpnjtp

my mario kart instincts
    lol, the funny part is that Mario Kart instincts for me = 'if you drop stuff before the line, half your friend roster will delete you'.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID

Quote Originally Posted by Boycey83 View Post
    Damn, I feel bad. Before the weekend I only had about 12 wins online (and they took a lot of hard work to get), now I've got over 50.
    Well you should be ashamed of yourself for taking advantage of these newbies! Enjoy it while it last, by the end of the month their number will drop off and a good percentage of them will grasp the complexity of the game and make you work a lot harder for your winnings. But, it all in fun & it's good to see the online play revitalized.
    Last edited by NX-01; 6th June 2011 at 11:34 PM. Reason: spelling off today, everyday... lol

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Clon3-Command3r

Well, then I better start racing constantly to get better and get some easy wins, haha!

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    BulletWraith

I was wondering the same thing, I'm using Triakis aswell, to me it feels a bit like Qirex for 2097/XL and with the Fury skin it looks amazing/goes with my name
    is it harder to be competitive with this craft?
    as a new player I find the Shield helps allot!

churr churr
    -zershen