Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Influx of new players....

Timezone
    GMT -8

Thank you sir. I have seen the majority of his videos and made it to chengou project until I decided to change up a bit. Venom/Flash is pretty easy after you learn the track but rapier/phantom is pretty intense..well for me lol. So I'm back to Vineta K working on Phantom atm, since I'm pretty good w/o hitting the walls and doing BR's.

I will do will go through every track until I am at least average through all speeds before going online/doing the campaign (started it already but I rather learn first). Thank you for the tip Chet, if you have anymore sir i'll be here for awhile .

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Doing both Campaign modes is the most sensible start IMO, then mixing some Racebox with some online races and some trophy hunting. Just taking your time and having a go at everything really.

When I think how hard WOHD was at first it's ridiculous. the last Wipeout game I'd played was Fusion, which I was very good at, but the difference was astounding. I was crashing all over the place and struggling against Novice AI on venom.

It's just practice, plain and simple, and taking the advice of more experienced players. The Youtube vids / tutorials help greatly, they show you what's possible, even if you'll never master some of it.

Edit: Oh and I've been chatting with some of the new players online. Some of them are really keen to learn and are already falling for the game. I've pointed them in the direction of WipeoutZone, hopefully some of them will come.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Dr-fresh21

thanks for the tip colonel ive been tryin for hrs trying to get outpost 7 (pules)down and i cant seem to post a resonable time in eather races or TT?
    by the wayy this fourm has help me alot with this game and i can just tell you guys a flood (if you havent already seen ) of new pilots are coming i have been pushing this game as a must download to friends and they said after they got it they would do the same.so its time to put hello my name is stickers on and befriend pepole.
    this has spured me on to continue past that four day block that most get from playing other games for to long with no real achivement and konnect if you ever just want to get some online practice im game for a go

Timezone
    GMT -8

Blah Colonel you just made me hit a wall lol, almost had my first perfect on phantom (I'm Lying really). Campaign seems like a good idea, but I rather put the pratice in first so I can start above skilled when I start.

I'm just stuck on Vineta K atm, the tunnel is really getting to me. I know I'm supposed to Lightly tap the left air break through the first half, but when doing so I always crash into a wall lol. I have the air breaks on L1, R1 as suggested with a sensitvity of 50. I might switch it back to the shoulder buttons because I might be pressing it too hard.

Infamous 2 comes out tomorrow, I've been waiting for that game for awhile. I actually don't care lol, I really have no urge to play anything else.

Sounds good Priest, PSN is the same as my noob Pilot Tag (Konnect) lol. But like I said in my last post I would like to get the majority of the tracks down before going online.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 7th June 2011 at 09:58 PM. Reason: .

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Dr-fresh21

alright not a problem im working on tracks as well and the extra practice is defanetly needed please let me know when you are able to race good luck to you konnect

Timezone
    GMT -8

You can hit me up with a friend Req anytime, us new comers have to stick together lol

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Dr-fresh21

haha tis true

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

nice to see new names I try my hardest to find new talent but it is hard... so I wanna ask you guys who are new to the forum how would you go about recruiting people?

Timezone
    GMT -8

Hello Sir. I honestly think that you shouldn't actually look for talent but for people that will be dedicated to learn and improve, since us noobs don't possess "quality talent" yet lol. Just look for those that actually "enjoy" the game, it shouldn't be too hard
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 7th June 2011 at 09:59 PM. Reason: .

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Dr-fresh21

nice to see a reply well possably befriend them i guess maby post a tag inviting all newcomers to post there game tag and intrest, skill level, teams they prefer ,and things of that nature then experts like you could go through and just talk and race them ( this is all idea in my blasted brain) i know that it would be really apreceated if they would take more notice in the new guys...sorry if i sound a prude. im just really getting into this sport
    Last edited by Eden Priest; 6th June 2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason: no reason

Timezone
    GMT -8

Dude a sport man! You're right about that man haha!

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    BulletWraith

well I'm about to play my first online race, I've played around with the game for a few hours and absolutely suck
    I got a PS3 to play this game then never ended up getting it as I wanted to play it with a friend I use to play 2097 and 3SE with then never got WOHD as She ended up moving away
    but a freebie, yeh I won't wait anymore

zershen

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    sycomosh

really is the best racing game ever imo

finally platinumd that mofo and can finally stick all my focus into speed lapping

i consider myself to be an "advanced noob" since i started playing when everyone online was *$##@) good - but with practice, a lot of the guys i had a lot of trouble with im starting to be able to keep up with, and thats actually quite a rewarding feeling.

this game is the epitome of the phrase never give up man... just have faith that it'll come - but you'll only get out of it what you put into it.

i think the things that helped me improve a ton (granted i still have a long way to go) was

#1 speed lapping to memorise the tracks

once ur confident on that track

#2 phantom elite racebox

why jump into phantom? well any other speed classes under phantom really feel pretty damn slow after you get used to phantom... you can aim for trophies here as well as practice. but be warned, elite ai will make ur cornhole pucker and cry repeatedly.

but when ur online - just as with phantom elite, ur gonna learn one thing.

TAKE THE LEAD AND HOLD IT - once ur ahead whore up those weapon pads cuz dear god if someone behind you gets a chance to blast you.....*()$#*()$#@

anyway phantom elite trophy training will def help you learn the tracks forwards and backwards and since you'll be practicing them so much, you WILL learn them. worry about the fancy barrel rolls after you can pull off clean laps

anyway im always down to play with anyone, feel free to add me if u need someone to race with

Timezone
    GMT -8

Syco that was really a great post man. Good job on hanging in there and getting better. I also think this is the best racing game out there even though I had it for 2 years and didn't play it lol. Also thanks for the training tips.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    sycomosh

well its jus kinda whats workin for me

its not uncommon for me to still lose races by 15-20 seconds with some really good pilots and when i run into every weapon imaginable

some of those guys are amazing, and it feels so good when you keep up with that elite pack throughout the race... its def a lot more exciting than falling way behind and it feeling like a glorified time trial.... lol

at the end of the day though, youtube + speed lap = the keys to success imo

Timezone
    GMT -8

Dude if you're 10-15 secs a great pilot what does that make you? A great pilot as well haha. Spped Laps yeah, in the process of doing those now. I might move on to the next track now, but that phantom tunnel on Vineta K is boderline annoying. Sometimes I can go through it like my ship is made of vaseline, other times I feel like a pinball.

I really really wish I actually devoted time to this sooner, this is really a crap year to get focused on this game...because its all I want to play lol.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Qgstkpnjtp

The problem with the difficulty in this game is that the kiddies who play CoD come in expecting the game to be like Mario Kart or pretty much any modern shooter where you can jump into the top speed and handle it with no experience, only to find out that this is a game you actually have to work at to be good at.

Personally, I like a challenge and that's why I've put so much work into this game over the past two weeks. Problem is that most people trying this game out for free aren't gonna be like that.

It's not such a bad thing because it'll weed out the the people who have made MKWii such a horrendous community, but it's not going to help with activity levels very much in the long run.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    NX-01 StarClass: alias (Old Scholz Playa)

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    It's raining newbies, it's HUGE!! 50 rooms open. There's never been a better chance to get your "Comeback king" badge if you haven't got it already. It's a bit dull thrashing people even after giving them 10+ sec start. I've just been in a 10 race tourny doing that, the bloke who kept coming second cottoned on that I was sitting on the grid giving them a start, so he waited till I took off, must of got the shits because he quit the rest of the tourny, which was a pity. Best thing you can do guys is throw a few races so the new pilots don't get disenchanted and throw in the towel early, that's if we want to keep these players active in the long run
    Finally got my "Comeback Badge" Thank you newbies. Why they jump right into Phantom tourny is crazy and then by the third race start dropping out like flies is so damn funny. I got two message accused of cheating! Hell, I even throw a few races to just keep them around. Hoping a good percentage of these newbies get there game together and hang around for the long haul. In the mean time "Release the CRACKEN"
    Last edited by NX-01; 6th June 2011 at 05:26 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I really don't like how all of them open "Tournament" rooms just to quit after the first race anyways.

I keep hoping to find 1 or 2 pilots who stick 'till the end so I can thank them and show them WOZ.... but it still hasn't happened yet. At least on the Tourney12's.

I remember picking up the game not all too long ago. I just did about 10 speed laps on the forward tracks and then racebox/campaign'd them. But you really won't know how good you know the track until you race someone like DP, yeldar, Tarqin, KGB, or other experienced pilots on it. So I think Online Phantom is the best way to master a track, but not really for first picking it up.

Also, ask questions to those experienced pilots. There are some little things that can make a significant difference.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Clon3-Command3r

New pilot here, not new to the WipEout series, but I am new to WipEout HD. I first started playing WipEout about 7-8 years ago on the PS1. I can't remember what WipEout game it was, but I distinctly remember the menu screen was dark blueish. I had a lot of fun playing it, and it was one of my favorite PS1 games.

WipEout HD was a game I had been interested in, but I hadn't bought it because I wasn't sure if it was worth it. So when it was included for free in the Welcome Back package, I jumped at the chance, and I've been really enjoying the game.

It's funny how I found this site really, I was looking to find out how to play the 4 zone-only tracks, like Syncopia, on regular races and this site came up on Google. Seems like a good community.

Lol at you guys talking about people jumping in at Phantom speed. I have been sticking to Venom and Flash, because even after all these years having not played WipEout I remember I would always try racing the game I had for PS1 on the highest speed, and I would run into walls all over the place.

This game I've been playing really well, I've won two online races on Venom, one by a margin of 5 seconds, the other by 1 second. I struggled my first offline race, but once I got the controls down(which wasn't that long actually) and learned to airbrake I started doing well.

And Leungbok, thanks replying to me on PSN, I'll check out your Youtube acct and figure out how to use Syncopia in online races.

BTW, are all those single race times I see where people do an entire race in like 29 secounds legit?
    Last edited by Clon3-Command3r; 6th June 2011 at 05:44 PM.